mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

They are very good Sean, if you can get a set on offer I'd recommend them. And if you're ever down Cambridge way you're welcome to a test ride.

No updates yet mate. I've just been enjoying the driving for a bit. Going to give the BMC a try at the weekend but I'm not sure it'll go as it stands due to the fact it's physically so much bigger than the current one, but from a connection at the maf end point of view it looks perfect.

Not a real update but I'm enjoying actually driving him for a change so as a result I've now conquered the 150k milestone. Granted its like triggers broom but I'm going to have a quick whiskey in the old boys honour. Cheers!

bf24299b41c64389ca92b0fe4f32cea0.jpg

Oh, and the wife took the pic before anyone asks, I wasn't doing 70 and trying to photograph my odometer :lol:

Nice clocks i like the red bits was it hard to do ? Any links to the parts needed ?

For some reason i have a thing with photographing milage lol i got one on 100,000 and on 115,000 lol makes the clocks look neat haha

Likely story!

Honest!

Matt, it was dead easy mate. I just took the clocks out, took the old green filters out from behind the LCD displays, got some red acetate and cut to size, refit and job done! I've now got red and green clocks/switches/headunit. Maybe not to everyone's taste but I like it.

Luckily it changed to bilbo eh! I've seen this mod on other vehicles and I never thought it looked dim. The red does look good though :-)

Bilbo is definitely one of the safer autocorrects I've seen, but its a good one.

When I did this I went to the dealer and got a full set of bulbs for the clocks, they're all nice and bright. I did dabble with LED's in the top bulbs but the light pattern was terrible, these are just right IMO.

Well I sat down and dedicated some time this evening to read this thread all the way through. What an adventure and I definitely have exhaust and brake envy now!

Mic, I doff my cap!

Cheers mate, I do love the exhaust and brakes.

Hopefully I'll have more updates on here soon, just enjoying driving it at the moment. Bet you can't wait now with yours!

Just read the theead aswell love the exhaust mate im hoping to get my hands on one soon , hopefully , cant wait to hear a 2 1/2 inch system on the vr , brakes are beasts aswell lol

Cheers guys

I was actually bored the other day so I was having a mess around with using the GoPro on the car in different positions, one of which was mounted on the rear panel pointing at the exhaust to see how it sounded externally under normal driving. I also got one from behind the front wheel pointing forward which shows the brakes off quite well but the tyre noise is quiet draining.

Happy to put some of these experiments up but I didn't think people would be interested as although a little spirited it's not exactly the thrill of a trackday or something! :lol:

Finally managed to edit an exhaust one....although the wind and air pressure noise is quite bad so I may do another with the closed back on the camera case

[video=youtube_share;ZzR_QOvD4p4]

I miss that sound, but not the ugly tailpipe and your needing to give him a clean :lol: