mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

Cheers mate, I think a few people have been surprised by it given that most think the 24v kills the sound.

The exhaust helps a lot as it's 2.5' straight through. I may fit a decat if I get chance to see what that adds to the mix.

The CH's are looking good. Going to refurb the rota's and then it'll be keeping the CH's purely for best.

Straight through? You do have silencers fitted?

Yes... Kinda.....

The techtonics has borla silencers but they straight through pipes with perforations in the pipe within the silencer, surrounded by wadding to reduce noise without reducing flow.

Nice vid ,makes me miss my 4motion 😔 lol,although sure that will change when I finally get to drive my corrado 😎

So took Mincy for a thrashing at Castle Combe on Saturday. Had a fantastic day and he performed admirably if some issues were highlighted by the hard nature of running on track.

Suspension was great, roll was well controlled and the change of direction very sharp. Brakes were great but the dot4 boiled on the 4th session so need to upgrade that, and the old compound yellow stuffs were fairly rubbish. With the new pads and upgraded fluid I suspect they'll be even better.

Overall a great day, managed to hold my own against a lot of the NA cars but the raft of modern FI machinery was the telling of a 21 year old car as they had the torque to out drag me at most corners.

Anyway, had the GoPro on me so took a video in each session. Obviously most of it was me and the car performing admirably..... that or me chatting with Jim/Charlie on the way round.... but I thought you lot would like a short clip.

If people want to see the less 'slidy' videos I'll try to get them uploaded.

tidy thanks Mic, will take a look :)

Looking forward to viewing this later

Haha did you touch the brakes or was it lift off oversteer

Barrelling in too fast and lifting off.....ran out of talent basically!

Haha we was only talking at weekend about how light the corrado is over the back end ! It could do with a bit more weight back there to keep things lanted

cracking example clip Mic, love the chuckle at the end :)

Gotta laugh, can't believe I didn't hit anything.

Anyway, full session video. Going round and round etc, plus the slide.

Nice one Mic, just trying a bit to much to catch that white TT :lol: Good fun though :thumbleft:

Cheers Bill. Ran of skill in the end.... :lol:

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINCY!!!

The old boy is 21 today (first registered 25/8/1994). Thought of baking him a cake, then I remembered we don't currently have an oven..... So I'm going to treat him to an oil, brake fluid and sparkplug service, lucky little devil!

Cheers Bill. Ran of skill in the end....

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINCY!!!

The old boy is 21 today (first registered 25/8/1994). Thought of baking him a cake, then I remembered we don't currently have an oven..... So I'm going to treat him to an oil, brake fluid and sparkplug service, lucky little devil!

Happy birthday mincy enjoy your treats

Cheers for the birthday wishes guys.

The old boy passed his MOT this morning, no advisories, so another 12 months on the ticket.......maybe good time to sell??? :lol:

Ah ha! I keep seeing your car out and about in Bottisham (where I live) and just happened across this thread.

Certainly looks ultra clean whenever I see it, congrats on the MOT. Any recommendations on a local place? I've not been around these parts for too long.

:nono: Tut tut, you'll hurt the old guys feelings

Haha! Sorry Bill, he knows I'm only joking.... probably.... ;)

Ah ha! I keep seeing your car out and about in Bottisham (where I live) and just happened across this thread.

Certainly looks ultra clean whenever I see it, congrats on the MOT. Any recommendations on a local place? I've not been around these parts for too long.

No way!?! Only moved to Bottisham myself in February. Should meet up for a pint down the Bell.

For the MOT/very basic items I use these guys http://motandservicingdirect.co.uk/ Its run by a friend of mine and he collects the car from home/drops it back etc.

For other Corrado specific work I either try to do it myself or book it in at Stealth. Used to use DG Autotech but they are no longer...