mic_VR

mic_VR's VR - The Awakening!

Sorry - didn't wanna turn your thread into a discussion about my car. The reality is there's a tonne of stuff needs doing, and the car needs a full respray as well as a full suspension overhaul. That's many thousands of pounds of work which really I'd rather put into other cars I've always wanted to own - M3, M5 for example. But similarly I don't want to rush into just dumping it and moving on again. Gut instinct says stick to the original plan of running the Fiesta for a few years (as I am really enjoying it) and just sit on the Corrado and see if the enthusiasm and desire to spend money on it comes back.

Don't worry about the thread. The reason I ask is that these are the exact thoughts I'm having. Is it time to sell up all together? Or do I get something to run around in and put the Corrado in the garage to come back to later?

Mine needs a few things sorting, but mostly it's minor and me be fussy, but I'm still loathed to spend too much on it right now.

You two aren't the only one who thinks about chucking it all in. I've only got to take non car people out in my car to be highlighted at how rubbish it is!

Then the next question is what to get instead..... and for me that is a complete minefield as I'm too indecisive! :lol:

I've been looking recently and I change me mind every 5 mins. Sometimes a V8, something a 4-pot turbo, then today I was looking at Audi A3's with the R32 engine....

Still got mine after 9yrs. Not driven for a year now though and have been in a more modern car. But really miss the corrado.

The thing that keeps me is knowing if i got something else i know it'll end up costing more money rather than saving money.

I've made the decision anyway now and halfway through a massive rebuild of it so the money is spent now. I will finally come to a meet up when its back on the road. You can't sell up :lol:

Cheers all. It's going off for a proper clean and correction soon ready for my mates wedding so we'll see if it looks any better then or whether my waxing skillz are good enough! :lol:

CH's look the bomb on your car Mic. Always loved the other wheels, but CH's are one of my all time favourites.

New shoes mincy? Looking very nice in those pics :thumbleft:

Edited by VAG-hag

Cheers guys, it does look good, especially the rear 3/4 shot IMO.

Didn't really plan to put the CH's back on but the rota's aren't in a fit state for wedding car duties next weekend. And now they're on I may leave them on for a while as they do really suit the car.

Superb Mic, paint is still looking very fresh and the CH's really stand out against the Blue :thumbleft: