Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

Options for my cash...

Now that I've succeded in getting my money back from the bank, I'm really unsure what to do with it. I posted up on VR6OC that I was considering selling my VR to get a TT, probably a 225, but have since changed my mind. They've made there feelings quite clear over there and I think I know what you guys are gonna say, but wouldnt mind your opinions anyway......so heres what I think my options are at the moment;

1. Get a charger for my VR.[/*:m:bada6]
  2. Do some cosmetics to my VR, as in respray and sort out lots of little things.[/*:m:bada6]
  3. Ive been offered a tax exempt Beetle, with a turbo running sub 13 1/4m's......[/*:m:bada6]

So what do you think? Or maybe you have some more Ideas for me?

Waste it on drugs, girls and drink !! thats what i suggest !!

Cosmetics and suspension 1st mate, nice paint job etc, then change all the suspension bits to make it drive like new, engine is the least important bit in my eyes, do that when your happy with everything else !!

Jimmi......................

Not that i can talk mind !!

Cosmetics and suspension 1st mate, nice paint job etc, then change all the suspension bits to make it drive like new, engine is the least important bit in my eyes, do that when your happy with everything else !!

I'd agree to a point, if the engine is tight and healthy, otherwise get stuff like the timing chains done and make sure its tip-top all round, suspension, bushes, engine mounts and so on. Once its sorted like JIMMI says, to make it drive like new, you'll be well set up to add a charger at a later date.

not very exciting I suppose, but its the route I'd take!

why spend it all? surely you would be better off investing half of it just incase of the unexpected and then spending the rest ? or am i being a boring old man?

why spend it all?

Coz i could get run over by a bus tomorrow...... :-P

Seriously, Ive already got long term investments in property, so this is all just bonus cash. 8)

why spend it all? surely you would be better off investing half of it just incase of the unexpected and then spending the rest ? or am i being a boring old man?

That's the first thing I thought too tbh! :lol: Maybe stick it away for next time you're struggling to pay your bills on time? :wink:

Beetle! Think that chasing the local chavs around in a Corrado is fun?, just wait to see the shock on their faces when you do it in a 35 year old bug!

Waste it on drugs, girls and drink !!

This is not a waste, but in my opinion, an option woth considerin. This consists of my usual friday night, lol :Fade-color

Beetle! Think that chasing the local chavs around in a Corrado is fun?, just wait to see the shock on their faces when you do it in a 35 year old bug!

Thought you might say that Mr Cole!!

I'd probably do as JIMMI suggested, get all he little things sorted out then think about the charger...

Hmmmm, toughie i guess. The beetle does sound tempting. I'd spend it on cosmetics and gettin the car feelin new, so when you do get a charger it'll be ready for whats thrown at it!

I'd go down the route of making some mad changes.... TT Dash (Personal Fav) Some really nice rims and deck the fecker :)

Have you got leather??? You could always buy JIMMI's TT leathers too :lol:

:twisted: Turbo powered Bug!!!!!! Mr Beige you know me too well......

I once drove a friends turbo'd bug at Santa pod, that thing was lethal! Sub 13sec 1/4mile and in the real world it would easily show the merc/bmw/subaru drivers that their cars ain't always as quick as they think.

Yeah got heated leather. Its in good nick as well, so dont really want to change that at the mo. I'd Considered a TT dash, but think thats taking too much away from the feel of an OEM+ Corrado. I'm chroming up a few bits and maybe adding a TT gearstick, maybe a Momo wheel, but really dont want to change the rest too much internally.

Already got nice rims, altho they need a refurb and its already dropped, altho I am again considering changing the suspension as I cant get hold of any of those collars that raise and lower the coilovers (Koni's).

Did you claim back all your excess bank charges or summat???

Yes m8! There was a post in the off topic section about it.