zak

blackberry vr... 17" rs199's

Zak, I notice you have a panel of sound deadening missing from the underside of your bonnet. Did you remove it yourself and if so, was it because this had happened...?

DSC00692.jpg

Looks like melting to me! :eek:

Zak, I notice you have a panel of sound deadening missing from the underside of your bonnet. Did you remove it yourself and if so, was it because this had happened...?

Its been missing from before i bought the car so no idea why its not there, what happened to yours?

Loving those CHs - again the colour of the paintwork really works well with them. Interesting no catching on 8.5s. 215s are great for grip too :)

Cars going to Stealth to get a Techtonics exhaust, 263s fitted and a remap, 2 x slim line fans, vibratechnic front mount, abs replaced, alignment and an MOT - wont be too long before its back for more work too!

Good news about your brother - will see if something can be sorted out when i catch you about the wheels. Very happy with the RCs so far - the car feels nice and nimble on them - they could do with being silver rather than ball burnished though.

Keep the pics coming - enjoying them! Is the Canon a DSLR? Looks like quite a wide angle on some of the shots - 17mm or around that

Im sure the rc's look fine, but im sure with your driving the brake dust will tone them down a bit after a few laps of the richmond one way system :lol: Nice plans for the car, you'll have to take me for a drive :) The camaera is a point but but has a wide angle lense that takes some nice shots.

DSC00692.jpg

Actually mine has the same 'eaten' bit of foam. Its because it sits right on top of the rocker cover (LHS) and get burnt off. You will find bits of burnt/worn foam on the leads, no doubt, like i have too.

Zak, I assume you have had your front arches rolled if you are runnning 554mm to the centre of the arch? If so what have you done to the plastic inner arch liner to allow clearance?

Mines at 580mm (with 205*40) and its damn close as it is!

yes the arches are rolled and the plastic arch liner has been trimmed back from the 10 o clock to the 2 o clock position. The rolled arches are sealed with panel sealer so there is stll protection under there. HTH

yes the arches are rolled and the plastic arch liner has been trimmed back from the 10 o clock to the 2 o clock position. The rolled arches are sealed with panel sealer so there is stll protection under there. HTH

Hmm, so is there a seal between the liner and arch then? Apologies for the questions, I am feeling rather nervous about cutting mine away - they are there for a reason, and the last thing I want is rust to develop once water gets in there...

No theres not a seal at the very top of the arch. I've protected the inside of my wing and inner arches and where the lip has been rolled flat the gap has been filled and sealed with seam sealer so m confident there is enough protection for rust not to develop.

Another option is to heat the arch liner and re mould the shape to allow for extra clearance. Ive done this in the past when my car wasnt as low. pm me if you want to know any more...

Yes I still have the abs rings on in there standard position but held on with 2 out of the 3 screws. I'll see if i took any pics

Zak, I have another question! *suprise*

How close are your wheels to the rear axle? I am running 8*17 ET35 and can only just get my fingers between the wheel and rear axle, yours must be REALLY close running 8.5" !?

no probs :)

Do you mean the clearance between the wheel and the strut? if so its extrememly close but there is clearance, maybe less than 1mm's worth! Ive fully checked the clearance though even under load and the wheels definately clear. I reckon if the profile of the lip on the wheel was different then they would not clear without spacers so i got lucky. Another option to gain clearance is to take the helper springs out of your coilovers and raise the coilover platforms above the top of the tyre which is what shaggy did on here. I would have done this but got away with it.

I know what you mean about the 8 x 17's being close, my rh's were the same size and offset so it was a case of trial and error to see if the ch's would clear which thankfully they do.

no probs :)

Do you mean the clearance between the wheel and the strut? if so its extrememly close but there is clearance, maybe less than 1mm's worth! Ive fully checked the clearance though even under load and the wheels definately clear. I reckon if the profile of the lip on the wheel was different then they would not clear without spacers so i got lucky. Another option to gain clearance is to take the helper springs out of your coilovers and raise the coilover platforms above the top of the tyre which is what shaggy did on here. I would have done this but got away with it.

I know what you mean about the 8 x 17's being close, my rh's were the same size and offset so it was a case of trial and error to see if the ch's would clear which thankfully they do.

Damn they are close then! I was talking about the rear axle beam, but sounds like the dampers are a bigger issue! Thanks for the info zak, appreciated. :D

Heres a few interior pics i took, im going to refit the standard wheel. I think the bbs wheel looks out of place so its going back in my mk1

Rolling shots are excellent.. bordering on perfection! Blackberry VR, dropped, sweet wheels and clean paint.. can't ask for much more IMHO.

Cheers Jim, i always wanted to get some rolling shots but never got round to it. The quiet roads on Xmas day were perfect :lol:

Love it, i really want a set of Recaros in mine, not going to be cheap to get them here.

Agree with you on the steering wheel, otherwise perfect mate

yep i would defo agree with jim, but i also think you cant beat a few nice shots in a multi storey :) , lovely motor mate, one of my all time favorite colours :wink: , nice ride height, what coilover kit you running and how doe you find the ride comfort running 17's

cheers

chris