chazrad

Charlie's Corrado VR6 Turbo

Bugger, was thinking if going for these wheels as well and wasnt sure on colour. Cant get them now you have them :lol: What sizes are they as they sit perfectly. Going the same route as me, non of this bling nonsense.

I thought they had the gay writing round the edge though?

Missed out on a set of 17in BBS CH's yesterday :brickwall: Would love a set of TH Mono's but unsure on 16's or 17's.

Bugger, was thinking if going for these wheels as well and wasnt sure on colour. Cant get them now you have them :lol: What sizes are they as they sit perfectly. Going the same route as me, non of this bling nonsense.

I thought they had the gay writing round the edge though?

Missed out on a set of 17in BBS CH's yesterday :brickwall: Would love a set of TH Mono's but unsure on 16's or 17's.

Coullstar, they are 7x17's Pro Race 1's. Its the Pro Race 1.2's that have the 'Team Dynamics' writing around the edge - not my thing! They are also ET30, rather than ET35, so they sit that little bit further out and fill the arches. I may have it a bit too low though - may wind it up about 5mm - as I had a bit of rubbing this morning, first time out with them on.

ET35 TD ProRace 1s are 7.7Kg, which you definitely notice (in a good way) after a heavy wheel.

Perfect partner for light wheels is a set of KW V3s. Even with my heavy old 8 x 17s, the ride and handling are sublime.

Its a shame to see those wheels go Charlie, but onwards and upwards you must go!! :grin:

Car looks very intimidating now. :notworthy: :norty:

very very nice mate, really liking the new look yo are going for! looking forward to see some more progress wiyth this by the sounds of it!

very very nice mate, really liking the new look yo are going for! looking forward to see some more progress wiyth this by the sounds of it!

Cheers mate. Due to get the car back from the garage tomorrow with all new brakes. Even had the master cylinder replaced so it sjould all be tickerty-boo and 100% reliable. Report on the progress to follow... :norty: :wink:

hey there buddy hows things? great to catch up the other day, sorry i wasn't there after your car arrived back - the new wheels do look very good my friend. i'm not a fan of the motorsport look on a corrado, but they do look very good. have you got the car back from the garage yet? - looking forward to seeing some more pics of it with those beauties sitting under the front wheels :D

glad you are pleased with the rebuild and i'm glad you can clearly feel the peloquin as the roads around hereford are schitt - very much looking forward to getting mine sorted now. :)

keep us all posted buddy - looking forward to seeing this again when i get back :D

all the best,

Pete

I thought I'd take a few quick pics of the Golf this afternoon whilst I had the camera handy, then thought I'd put a couple on here.

Its a pretty low mileage autobox Highline and is a really easy car to live with and pootle around in, A/C, mulberry leather etc. I'm fortunate in that I don't have to drive to work either so I can keep it relatively clean too. :D I had the Solitudes refurbed (just powdercoated) and that made a real difference. It was decat'd when I bought it (I have the cat' in the garage), I have debadged the rear and I'm trying to resist the temptation to modify it further...... and failing! :wink:

Update on the 'Rado: Its still away atm. I went to see it a couple of weeks ago, and the engine was in pieces - new uprated conrods going in before the head spacer and head go back on and all the other bits. Soooooo looking forward to getting it back! :grin:

Well, I finally got the Corrado back from The Phirm last week, and this is the first opportunity I've had to post up about it. I am delighted with the way the car has turned out. Tim and his guys have done a fantastic job, and I cannot recommend them highly enough. Its the attention to the little hidden details that impresses. At no stage have corners been cut or brackets bodged to fit. Everything that needed fabrication has been made beautifully and much of it is not visible without getting under the car.

I'm still running it in and will be for a while (max 3000rpm), so no rolling roads or high revving yet. Its also only on a low boost setting (8psi), again to run the turbo in and just allow everything to bed in and settle down. From the first time they started the engine after completing the conversion, there was only one minor oil leak, from the turbo oil return pipe into the sump (for which a custom pipe was fabricated). All it needed was a wipe and a bolt tightening and that was all in the workshop before I left the premises for the first gentle journey home.

The 3in exhaust system sounds fantastic with a deep rumble. Its not as intrusive inside the car as I expected to be honest, but its no shy and retiring violet either!

There a couple of pics of the car as it is now, below. I have deliberately not put one up of the engine bay yet as the induction pipework is not fully fitted whilst the mapping process continues. The car is going back for fine tuning of the DTA - and to sort the cold start mapping - in the next few days . Once everything is right, I'll stick some photos of it up. Suffice it to say that it already looks pretty good under there, and there is no doubt the car will be a beast once its fully mapped and run in. :D

Oh, and a couple of pics of the venerable VR6 Golf that has been getting all the abuse whilst the Corrado has been away..

So pleased for you, Charlie! :) Was impressed with the engine bay last week- would love a run out in it sometime once it's run in ;)

Thats great news Charlie :cheers: Your patience sounds like its been well rewarded. Looking forward to seeing this in the flesh. Lets hope we can get another meet lined up before the summer is out.

That's very nice but what are the holes in your splitter for?

Otter food????

:lol: Yup!!

Actually, they are to allow air to get to the scoop for the Spearco intercooler....

very very nice corrado, and a true credit to you Charlie.

In all honesty Karl, its no credit to me. I just paid the bill! Its Tim and his band of merry mechanical magicians that deserve the credit. Seriously, The Phirm rock!! They have had two cars featured in PVW this month (Mk2 Golf VR6 and audi TT), both of which are fantastic in the flesh (having seen them at various stages of build over the last few months).

that does look good! but where is the money shot? :tongue:

...to follow, James. Like I said, there are some little details left to sort in the 'bay, and I'd be doing The Phirm a diservice to show it looking less than its potential. All in good time.

The car is back in for more mapping now whilst we're away for a few days.