chazrad

Charlie's Corrado VR6 Turbo

It looks superb. That hard, purposeful Corrado look which I really dig. Those Team Dynamics wheels REALLY work on the Corrado, and when it's slammed to the floor like that and showing it means business with big brakes, etc - well, it just works really well.

Can't wait for a passenger ride mate :)

The 3in exhaust system sounds fantastic with a deep rumble. Its not as intrusive inside the car as I expected to be honest, but its no shy and retiring violet either!

and there is no doubt the car will be a beast once its fully mapped and run in. :D

I can second that , 3in system sounds the nuts

Wait till you get up to 1 bar mate :grin:

The grin factor of a VRT :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

what are the holes in the splitter for? did i miss something?

That's very nice but what are the holes in your splitter for?

Actually, they are to allow air to get to the scoop for the Spearco intercooler....

:D

Hi Charlie, the Rado's looking great there matey :) , glad to hear the Spearco's all plumbed in...really looking forward to seeing the engine bay pics!

all the best, Alex

Hya Charlie,

So you got it on the road. We spoke briefly in May when I posted pics of my cars. It is looking very very nice, will look out for you on those there Wiltshire roads. I have been away and tomorrow now the rain has gone L889 will be taken out from under it dust cover and started again :clap:

Hi Charlie, the Rado's looking great there matey :) , glad to hear the Spearco's all plumbed in...really looking forward to seeing the engine bay pics!

all the best, Alex

Alex, good to hear you are still around and about, matey. Yeah, the Spearco is gonna work just fine. It's a very neat install job.

Just got back from hols yesterday and have yet to pick the car back up again, but am reassured all the niggly little bits that needed finishing have been completed by the Phirm. I just need to stick some miles under its wheels now and run the old (new) girl in! ....Then, like Shaun says, we can turn the boost up! :clap: I can't wait to get it on the dyno once its all run in.

'Bay pics to follow soonest..

Had a look at this while I was at the phirm a few months ago when it was up in the air......seriously good work, lucky lucky man :D , bet you cant wait to turn it up a notch !!

Hi Charlie, yes i'm still floating around in cyberspace mate :) ...been a bit busy with the 4Mo this year so hav'nt been on here that much but am turning my attention back to my Rado later this year! :) Its great to hear your build's coming together for you and think its good that the kits back together again (with some nice new shiny additions by the sounds of things)...look forward to seeing / reading the full write-up!

Feel your pain re: the running in as i'm running in new Woosner 8.5:1 pistons in the 4Mo.....frustrating is'nt it! :censored: Will be well worth it in the end though matey!

Alex, good to hear you are still around and about, matey. Yeah, the Spearco is gonna work just fine. It's a very neat install job.

Just got back from hols yesterday and have yet to pick the car back up again, but am reassured all the niggly little bits that needed finishing have been completed by the Phirm. I just need to stick some miles under its wheels now and run the old (new) girl in! ....Then, like Shaun says, we can turn the boost up! :clap: I can't wait to get it on the dyno once its all run in.

'Bay pics to follow soonest..

Finally took some pictures of the engine bay today. I'm pretty pleased with the way it looks at the moment. The car is still being run in atm, so limited to 3000rpm, which is galling as the turbo has spooled up to its 0.5 bar setting by 2,500rpm so its starting to take off!! Hey ho, it'll be worth the wait though... The car goes back after a 1000 miles for more mapping refinement and a trip onto the rollers for figures, so I'll let you all know in due course. Its still running abit rich at the moment, and the cold start mapping needs some more work as its not that easy to start. A work in progress...

Oh, and one of the turbo nestled down the back of the engine. It sits pretty low - almost in the air flow under the car. The boost pipework then comes forward underneath the sump and round into the RS 'cooler then the Spearco - the two being in series.

There may be a bit of lag Shaun. It is difficult for me to judge as I have no reference. The boost pipework is certainly longer than your chargecooler and SRI setup, but that was always going to be the case when running the standard manifold. From that perspective, there is bound to be more lag than in your case. What I do know is that the turbo has spooled up by 2,500rpm and if I cruise off-boost at 2,500rpm, the turbo spools up pretty quickly when I plant my right foot. I'll know more when the car is run-in properly and I can squeeze the loud pedal with abandon right through the rev range!

The reasoning behind two intercoolers was that the Spearco one is good for about 250-300bhp, so would not be up to the task of 400. The RS one was always good for 200bhp on Sierras. Whether combining them means you can add their potential together, I doubt, but two is bound to be better than one - allowing for the effect on boost pipework length.

...and my screamer pipe sounds ace! :D

VVVVV nice Charlie!

You must be pleased with that! bet you can't wait to give it some proper beans :D

Don't know if you heard already, but there is a track day at Castle Coombe on the 10th Oct (Audi day but they are letting us scummy VW's in as well this year!)

If all is good with your car it might be fun showing up some Audi boys :grin:

anyway, i'm thinking about going, may talk nearer the time.....

laurence.

I thought a screamer pipe was illegal in the UK as it would be venting exhaust gas straight to atmosphere without it passing through the cat??

Nice car though mate, love the wheels and the stance. Very nice, can't wait to see it in the flesh. :salute:

I thought a screamer pipe was illegal in the UK

I was thinking the same thing??

I thought a screamer pipe was illegal in the UK as it would be venting exhaust gas straight to atmosphere without it passing through the cat??

No one with a VRT runs a Cat :lol: :grin:

hmmmm....turbo :norty:

So its an EIP kit then?

Parts of it are, James. I have used the boost pipework that is on display and the Spearco 'cooler. The rest is all new/custom made.

Looks 'mazin fella. :notworthy:

I do alot of driving for work, so if you would like it running in quicker give me a shout :D :lol: