tim20vt

fully rebuilt 20vt

You can get the software from Qpeng for the MBE ecu. In fact the software was free off the net, you just need the lead which I got from Qpeng

Thanks mate i have the softwear but i dont think i would have a clue how to use if i bought a box,so its going to the rolling road next friday as the guy is now an mbe tuner for the north,can see just how its running then

Saw this today. Beautiful work. Wish I had the courage to retrim some bits of my interior (I got an A in O level needlework [a long long time ago] but that is totally different to stitching in leather!!)

Mate seen this today and a sterling job my friend the some of the detail is cracking love the beading around the surround. Well done!

And again fancy doing another dash ;)

Thought this looked fantastic yesterday, love the colour and great work, give me the full tour at next show! ;)

thanks all very nice coming from the owners of some very nice cars:),sorry if i didnt meet you the mrs took me on penguin tour so say hi next time :)

friday it was at the rolling road getting the ecu read and base map sorted and all the injectors cleaned and to see how it was running,on its second setting its got a boost spike of 1.8bar so the ecu is back on its way to qpeng as they have since done various updates to fix this as myns now 3.5 years old they are updating it for free :)

the torque steer from all the boost was sending it across the rollers and makes it no fun to drive unless its on low setting although thats all i realy use anyway .

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

and some pics from vw festival great day

SDC10612.jpg

SDC10614.jpg

SDC10613-1.jpg

SDC10615-1.jpg

Well done on the win at edition Tim, car looked great, sorry didn't realise it was you until later after you came over for a chat! :)

thanks mate!

few pics from the weekend.

we went to vw action as i still love splitscreens etc and 1/4mile,remeberd my helmet as i wanted a few runs,and forgot my driving licence :-( so the car stayed at the tent,camping was a bad idea had no sleep.

SDC10814-1.jpg

we saw a few edition 38 show signs on the way in to santa pod and i joined that forum a few week ago so we decided to drop in as it was so close.

i still see the minor defects as i did it all so i didnt enter it at vw festival but the mrs persuaded me and also cleaned it.

as we were leaving one of the judges stoped us,to tell us it had won something.

well supprised it came second rado as there was so many nice ones i realy never expected it would win anything been a diy car.

SDC10905-1.jpg

won a nice trophy and some cleaning gear.

IMAG0136-1.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

cheers vick and bally from edition 38 realy nice guys

as we had no idea what to expect we have no pictures of it if anyone took any and can send me them be great.

Hey Tim,

Congrats on that 2nd Place, well deserved

as promised some photos i found on the internet

Picture231.jpg

DSC_2903.jpg

337381_244597862251514_149874618390506_788717_2793158_o.jpg

and some of mine

305224_10150320044664345_765199344_7692924_6263740_n.jpg

297354_10150320044724345_765199344_7692925_3064777_n.jpg

It was nice to meet u

Sam

wow what a stunning build was an amazing thread to read and a big hats off to ya sir that is alot of hard work gone in to that and the fact that you did it all yourself makes it more off a project build, nice one very nice work,

thanks all and cheers for the pics,had to change the cv boot after edition 38 as it sprayed grease all over my arches on the run home,its been parked up since then while i went on holiday so just took it out for a run.

doesnt seem to need anything looking at after the rebuild it all runs well so mite just get a second set of rear lights to tint red and it will probably end up sat in the garage over winter.

SDC11035.jpg

SDC11036.jpg

went and fired it up today the first time its moved since the end of october and the second time i have even looked at it,was good to see its still there and not been stolen,so i slung the wheels back on and took it off its shagpile carpet,just need to go tax it and roll on some sunny weather and a few shows.

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

SDC11031.jpg

Just an awsome project, cant wait to see it at Elsecar, hope you enter it there too ;)

cheers guys i got it taxed and took it along to our wedding the first drive for ages didnt half feel strange i was checking the powersteering fluid etc thinking this is realy heavy to drive,i think driving modern cars is making me soft,it seems everyone near me is going crazy buying fuel at the moment theres no unleaded round here at all i had to wait ages to get some diesel ,there aint enough fuel in the rado to get to elsecar and back so if this carrys on the search is on just to get there or were in an ecomotive leon :-(

IMAG0134.jpg

DSC_09312.jpg

Nice :) i think the petrol situation will ease in a day or so to be honest so just make sure you fill it up when you get the chance.

Great to see the wedding car pic :)

ps Congratulations.

awesome! cant belive i havnt seen this thread before, im doing something similar but without doing the interior, yours looks amazing btw, well done!

Crikey, I don't think I've seen one person turn their hands to so many skills, and get such a pro result at all of them. Well done indeed.