KADVR6

Kadvr6. Its time to sell :-(

Karl, would you be up for doing a full interior? If so pm me a price... Like I said, if the storm doesn't go I'll have to change a few bits to keep me entertained!

They look like a completely different seat to what I saw at the AGM !

They do really look good,you must have the patience of a Saint !! lol

How many hours do you reckon you've spent on each seat ?

Cheers Brian, well i have done this a few times (approx 8ish) so i find it very easy to do, i would say about 5 hours per seat, and 4.5hrs of that was prepping them, the rest of the time they are just drying in between coats.

Also used some of the black scuff master on the plastics, and that has come up really nicely.

---------- Post added at 6:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:18 PM ----------

Karl, would you be up for doing a full interior? If so pm me a price... Like I said, if the storm doesn't go I'll have to change a few bits to keep me entertained!

yeh can do Abdul, pm me with what you want exactly doing?? ie just seats or plastics also??

---------- Post added at 6:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:19 PM ----------

oh yeh also started on another stealth shelf as was not happy with the other one i cobbeled together, hopefully this one will look like a shelf and not just a piece of MDF, just cant decide on covering it in felt or leather??

2012-04-12175952.jpg

I'll pm you closer the time mate...

You Supercharging this then?

Leather for the shelf IMO.

You Supercharging this then?

really cant decide mate, got most of the charger stuff sitting in the garage, also got some turbo bits sitting in the garage, just looking into getting another chaeper car to run then will decide what i'm doing??

Going to port and polish it??

no just shove it in, might get some new cams for it though??

Def worth popping some cams in while you're at it Karl ;)

Seats look absolutely superb- got it down to a fine art!

Def worth popping some cams in while you're at it Karl ;)

Seats look absolutely superb- got it down to a fine art!

yeh looking at getting some cams, and cheers for the seat comment.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Loving them seats and the plastics Karl spot on :)

cheers mate

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Nice head!

err thanks, i think lol

well not happy to say this but the C might be up for sale soon, had major major sciatica the last few months and had pain killers and physio and it still hurts really bad, last weekend i was driving the girlfriends ford focus and my hip did not hurt at all, got back in the corrado and drove 15 miles and my hip was killing me again.

so either buy a newer daily, or fit the new head and sell the corrado.

pee'd off dot com

Ah Na thats not good Karl, really hope it's just a short term thing but sounds more serious :(

That's not good.

Do you think a different seat might help?

Or new hip....?

See... you could sell the recaros in a heartbeat, install some regular seats and then find something like TT, S3 or mk4 Golf recaros for the front. They are all more padded and supportive than Corrado recaros.

Or maybe some cloth mk2 recaros which will be more supportive too?

Then raise the ride height up slightly so it's less stressful on the back when getting in and out. It will also offer a slightly less harsh ride which might be jarring your back.

well im going to pick up a standard cloth seat tonight and try that, really don't wanna sell the car just because of this, so maybe some beige recaros and all plastics and carpets.

I'd try something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Mk4-Golf-3Dr-Recaro-Leather-Seats-/190667249434?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c64a7571a

Mk4 recaro. I have the heated leather non-recaro's in my 4mo and they are very comfy. It's like driving in an armchair;soft, padded but still supportive at the back. The recaro versions should be the same but also more supportive at the thigh and side areas. Not sure how well they fit in a Corrado though.

Or, consider the mk1 TT front seats. They look quite similar to Corrado recaros but are also more padded. How about this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/audi-tt-mk1-half-leather-black-seats-interior-/190661765409?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c6453a921

Half leather so comfy cloth where it counts, heated (I think - the full leather ones are). Looks great on a Corrado. I loved my full leather TT's when I had the car. Maybe test drive a local TT and get a feel for the seats.

Install guide here:

http://wiki.the-corrado.net/tt_seats_fitting.html

And some examples here:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?53963-Proud-of-your-interior&p=701517&viewfull=1#post701517

Edited by Portent

I bet these seats are comfy. Not only do they look gorgeous but you have the right colour car for them:

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=447586

They are for sale too ;)

yeh they do look lovely but 3k for some seats i dont think so, but thanks to the pm's from off here about my interior, but its not for sale yet??

going back to the docs in the morning and they are going to give me a cortisone injection to see what that does, well apart from bloody hurt lol

first thing this morning i went down the field to get something off my old corrado, i do still feel sad when i see her there, well opened up the bonnet to find this, so glad its offering some comfort to the local birds.

2012-05-11091054.jpg