Philuk

Philuk 94 Aqua Blue VR6.. Reassemble Time

Engine is out! Too some chewing and swinging on but it's out and the box is off! Could put it on the engine stand tho because the bolts for the gearbox were to short!

Pics to follow

---------- Post added at 7:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:55 PM ----------

The Big lift!

9334625743_81cb43737f_b.jpg

Untitled by Philuk56, on Flickr

All out and on the floor me looking good on the right

9337412308_bc4c5ce7b7_b.jpg

Gearbox off and engine back in the hole!

9337410834_efa60d3609_b.jpg

Edited by Philuk

How are things coming along with this? Was just thinking the other day that I'd not seen your rado round Scarborough for ages......this certainly explains it haha :cheers:

It's going alright mate! Bay is almost completely clear and I've got my money to get it painted, do that might be happening sooner than I thought! All depends tho! Still gotta get all the other bits together aswell :)

Looking good phill glad its all going ok , theres lots of ebay bolts places if you still need them , its where i had to get mine from for my brakes

Engine is now mounted on the stand mate, abs pump, washer bottle, brake fluid reservoir and pipe work is all out now :)

Hot soapy water with a bit of sand and a thorough shake for the brake, pas fluid reservoir and expansion tank, and a bottle brush with hot soapy water and a babies bottle brush will bring them all up really well mate! :thumbleft:

Sorry its my pet hate when people spend a massive amount of money and time sorting their bays, then leave these looking really grubby! :geek:

Not been getting much done recently because I've been concentrating alot recently on mountain biking! Haven't done it properly in years and thought I'd have another dabble, I already had a handrail trek cobia but fancied something full suspension so I went and checked out the giant sale and bought a 2013 giant trance x2 29er, and I love it!

Back to the car! Goes for paint in two weeks time so went through on Monday and refitted a spare subframe to it and went to fit some arms so it's ready to roll! It seems I have lost a bottom arm and can't find it anywhere!

So dunno what to do, gonna ask about and see if anyone has an old arm that I can have, doesn't need decent bushes or anything because it's literally so I can put it on the trailer and take it off! Plus I'm gonna need some bolts to fasten the ball joints back on because they were all shafted! So I tidied up a couple more bits and did what I could

Here so how it looked when I left

Mate, see theose tyres your friend has get some of them. I just put them on in place of the Schwalbe and they are miles better.

The maxis tyres or the ones on the trek? We have just been to the lakes for the weekend and got a nice pic from halfway up one of the hills :)

Well it's back on 4 wheels now! Been there most of today and it's been really windy, got all the interior out and got the bottom arms on and bolted the wheels back on.

Whilst trying to work out where to put all the bits that need to go we put the bonnet back on and strapped it down.

Here are a couples of pics from when I rolled it back out of the garage

Dropped off at the body shop now with the instructions for what I wanted doing, will be popping to see it and getting pics from the guy who is painting it :)

oof , the guy at the bodyshop has been doing it around jobs so not been to see it, but have stripped down the engine of all ancillary bits. so its just block, head and rocker cover atm :)

hoping to start cleaning it up soon as we have been sorted out the o/h's golf engine and its given me inspiration to try and get on with mine!

Perfect picture for me for weekend! Thanks!!!

The injector rail is secured to the manifold with 4 bolts, take these off then the fuel rail gently prises off the injectors. Just pull slowley, its just the o ring that holds them in.

It's really tight tho! I didn't want to shaft anything in taking them off, I might run it to a garage are if they have a puller that will pull the whole thing evenly

I got a socket handle between the rail and the inlet manifold and gently levered it starting at one end, can you spin the injectors?

They were really tight.

Yea they all spin freely and the rail actually feels loose on the injectors as such, but I'm just scared Incase I shaft one or all of em lol

OMG stuff is happening, I know I have quite a few of you on Facebook and you have all seen the pics but the car is now back to one colour! It just getting some of the final bits polished and cleaned. Then it's coming home on the 18th of November and the rebuild can start. Lot of bits that I need for it, got subframe and some brackets at the powdercoaters so that should be back at the beginning of next week.