Philuk

Philuk 94 Aqua Blue VR6.. Reassemble Time

Like I say, I dunno what I want, haven't got loads to spend right now as I've gotta get the rest of the bits for the car sorted, new steering rack is the first thing in the list. I've got some money saved to get me started and then it's taking bits to the powder coaters again like hubs, then I can put he front end back together :)

So i bought some bits for the car and got some more pics from the bodyshop

15783210292_c82715114f_o.jpgCorrado vr6 in bodyshop by Philuk56, on Flickr

New tie rods, track rod ends, front hubs, bearings, steering rack, subframe bushesarb bushses and drop links.

15596824910_2eb98ea665_k.jpgCorrado vr6 in bodyshop by Philuk56, on Flickr

15779764621_fd37bea187_k.jpgCorrado vr6 in bodyshop by Philuk56, on Flickr

15161670364_6827ca508a_k.jpgCorrado vr6 in bodyshop by Philuk56, on Flickr

15596469227_495f88d105_k.jpgCorrado vr6 in bodyshop by Philuk56, on Flickr

15162197333_bceccdb049_k.jpgCorrado vr6 in bodyshop by Philuk56, on Flickr

15595804349_7245036af9_k.jpgCorrado vr6 in bodyshop by Philuk56, on Flickr

15783207122_821e7b3b77_k.jpgCorrado vr6 in bodyshop by Philuk56, on Flickr

We made a start on cleaning up the engine.

degreased it and used some wire brush attatchments to clean it up, masked up some bits and gave it a coat or two of etch primer then went at it with some gloss black engine enamel. i had to touch up a couple of bits but its about ready for some laquer now and ive made a start on cleaning down the gearbox.

15595803779_2d3d4fbfb9_k.jpgCorrado vr6 in bodyshop by Philuk56, on Flickr

15783209872_362a42ad93_k.jpgCorrado vr6 in bodyshop by Philuk56, on Flickr

yup its completely standard LC5U how its come from the gun, no extra pearls or anything. I asked for him to shine his headlights on the car so i could see how good the pearl was and im impressed to say the least!. The only problem i have is the car hasnt got a windscreen and im hoping for dry weather tomorrow.

All the Corrado Colour's were way way ahead of their time I think that's why vw hate the little coupe so much as they invested at the time big big time and never saw the expected return's. Paint look's Immense phil get it sealed properly can't wait to see it finished good work dude :thumbleft:

picked it up yesterday and got i back to the garage. i've pretty much run out of money until payday so i'm going to have to stop spending and make do with that i've got. The engine is pretty much painted, just gotta take off the bag and clean and paint the head, but i'm now on with the gearbox which i aren't having fun with!

Took the carpets home and cleaned them, started by vacuuming them and then went onto steam cleaning them and they have come up really well! Still could do with Something to liven the carpet up a bit, might get some autoglym carpet paint and just give it a quick flick over!

Pictures!!

15185015024_01b71e9f61_o.jpg by Philuk56, on Flickr

15806548222_06a15f1695_k.jpgUntitled by Philuk56, on Flickr

15185519683_4057651201_k.jpg by Philuk56, on Flickr

15619787927_a09dc4e3f2_o.jpgUntitled by Philuk56, on Flickr

15806549332_e43e5c62ca_o.jpg by Philuk56, on Flickr

15619784137_5eed0e4d58_o.jpg by Philuk56, on Flickr

yea im properly chuffed with the finish. shame the weather was crappy yesterday so the colour didnt show that well. he still has the bonnet, slam panel, mirrors and handles but all thos are just bits that i dont need yet and would probably damage within the time its off the road. :)

going bac to brid tomorrow to get some more bits done. ive taken all the bolts and bits from the engine to our local engineers/bolt supplier to get some stainless versions of the original ones. hopefully this will make the bolts look cleaner for longer :)

rubbed down the steering rack and tie rods and painted them up, cleaned up the gearbox and primed and painted that aswell, just gotta laquer it. waiting for my stainless bolts to land, my front engine mount has landed and i just need a rear one now. cant wait now :D

It really is coming along nicely now . I dumped my carpet in the washing machine , they came out brilliant . I always get envious of people getting so much done in the winter , mine has ground to a halt now . No garage and it just won't stop raining ! . That and with Xmas , funds are getting tight .

im not one for splashing the cash before xmas but i saved up while it was away and managed to buy the bits i have with that money :)