Chris Langdon

Chris Langdon's Moonlight Blue VR6 thread!!!

not sure what causes it but just for refrence mine was lower bhp on 178.8 torque was 175 ft lbs but mine had a fueling problem as the afr droped of sharply after 5500 rpm

my injectors arent working at their best as it has hot start issues and DG are going to clean the injectors for me :clap: but i woulnt of thought it would cause the lower torque value :(

Have you got the original air box still Chris?

- Just K&N Induction kits cause the same loss of torque...

Like I said above though the BHP figure was also down slightly so it might just be those particuarler rollers or heat soak?

I never had my car rolling roaded as being a pessimist where cars are concerned I knew it would drive me mad if it didn't produce factory figures, and it seems you are now worrying unduly too. Then first thing Ben did when he bought my car was put it straight on a RR and it showed 200bhp. :shrug:

However as already stated all rolling roads seem to give different readings and it often more enlightening to compare to others on the same RR on the same day. The figure of 182bhp and torque 164.5 lbs/ft (coverted) seem broadly balanced with the factory figures of 190 bhp and 180 torque and i'm sure there is nothing to worrry about and you'll no doubt get more reassuring figures on other RR.

Dont worry Chris, as I was saying on Saturday you cant compare different rolling roads as some are more optimistic than others and power figures change vastly due to weather conditions etc.

If Dave or myself thought there was anything wrong with it we would have told you. Dont forget Warricks only made slightly more power and has had a full engine rebuild and a few mods aswell.

OK, so the dyno figure is in HP, so is the proper "at the wheels" number. Good stuff. In that case, 123KW measured power (165hp) is c0ck on.

Most dyno operators allow between 15% - 25% drivetrain losses to be added back on as a 'crank' power, or "clutch power" in Dynojet's case.

That gives you a range of 189.75 to 206.25 corrected 'brake' hp.

Of course the actual losses should be measured during coast down and the correction software does the rest, but this is where the differences between rolling roads comes into it.

I know 165 @ the wheels is very good for a stock engine, so I'd just put it down to the correction software.

It's just physcology at the end of the day. Some dyno operators tell customers what they want to hear and others are more 'realistic'.

I've seen some stock VR6's put down 145 to the wheels, and yet walk off with a slip showing 220hp and over 200 lb torque. Yeah right :lol:

Just don't worry about it, 165 whp is bloody good 8)

I Know guys your right,(sorry graham :notworthy: ) i know i worry far to much, I totally agree with the last three posts, OSV same thing really lol thats why its taken me 4 years to get it on the rollers lol fair play lads thanks Graham, Kev, and Gareth for the help and advise :notworthy:

Got a polisher and some car cleaning stuff from the missus for xmas so though i would try it out, was blown away by the results, many thanks to Andy 665, A1 VR6, Nemesis 360 and Zak for the help and advise :salute:

abtr86.jpg

2s808eh.jpg

ppwcn.jpg

dc5u0i.jpg

24mz812.jpg

2crr7g8.jpg

2elh83n.jpg

2exyr2v.jpg

late VR6 288MM calipers repainted, Tarox G88 grooved discs and Ferodo fast road pads fitted DONE!!! :D

dvrb76.jpg

Inlet manifold and rocker cover media blasted couresty of D&G of DG Autotech :wave: :notworthy:

2wp85ch.jpg

ruqqzn.jpg

1r8du9.jpg

Yep very shiney..... but I'm just slightly more interested in where the pics were taken.

Is that your garage!!!! :shock:

that looks brilliant, really good job 8)

liking the brake set up too, those discs look great

There are some seriously nice Corrado on here, in my opinion this is one of the best. The colour is stunning...

Wow what crackin results! See you took the sidelights and roof strips off. How long did it all take and what was the make of polisher? Was it hard to do or just a case of following instructions?

thats photoshopped! Really impressive results indeed. If you want some more input on polishing might be worth dropping Young Dub a pm (Zaks brother), he's quite a guru when it somes to shining your motor