vornwend

Vornwend's Storm - Last weekend

Prompted by CazzaVR I thought I'd post up a few photos of my pride and joy. Not actually taken that many and none of them taken with much forethought but anyway its a start.

Had the Storm for almost 2 years now having owned a 16v for the previous 9 years (could only find 1 pic of her on the computer) and a Scirocco for 7 years before that. Bought the Storm with 56K on the clock and have no choice to use her as a daily driver so just shy of 75K on the clock now :?

Only made a few modest upgrades since buying (per sig) but planning to get a BMC CDA next month and KW coilovers when finances permit :) climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfcorradogallery3.JPG[/attachment:3qud7glu]

My wife and I have regular debates about who I love more the Storm or her - a silly debate really cos there is actually no contest :D (ending sentance at appropriate point)

Corrado92.pdfcorradogallery2.JPG[/attachment:3qud7glu]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfcorradogallery1.JPG[/attachment:3qud7glu]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfP6200301.JPG[/attachment:3qud7glu]Maverick1.gif[/attachment:3qud7glu]

Edited by vornwend

Thanks for comments.... up close and personal its far from the perfect Storm but making progress. Got brand new roof strips in the garage ready to fit at some point which will smarten it up a lot and the alloys are reaching the point where they need a refurb but hey there is always something needing doing! Very inspired by Goldies Storm but just can't keep pace with him!

Not had the pleasure of seeing this one in the metal but it looks lovely...

Actually Michael I think we did bump into each other at a Bristol meet (Tormarton) last summer. I think I had some "Storm damage" at the time (see piccie below) which was thankfully all sorted out (new rear bumper and quarter panel) and fully paid for by Watford council :?

Better late than never! :) Love this car- beautiful, standard Storm, which I thought I'd broken for a few seconds last night :oops: :lol: Everything in the engine bay looks so shiny and new! :shock: The guages are superb- would love a set- they finish the interior off nicely.

Gonna look fantastic on the KWs, and sound fantastic with the BMC 8)

Come on Vaughan, get those new rims on! :roll: We need pics 8)

They'll be on for the rebel alliance's convoy to Stanford :D

Pre-coilover filling they are :lol:

At very, very long, long last I'm lowered :D

My garage fitted KW V1s, new top mounts and bearings and BBS RXs yesterday at the same time as replacing a gear box mount so it was big day for the old girl.

What a difference :shock: Why did I wait this long :?

Got it back last night and had a bit of a fiddle with the height (so easy to do, could mostly turn the perhes by hand) before taking her out for little blast. Really pleased with how she handles. Not anywhere near as crashy as I had half imagined it would be. Yes you feel potholes and bumps a bit more than before but not enough to distract. Handling and ride comfort seem spot on to me, especially around bends where she feels really planted and so much more assured than before.

For the record heights are (from middle of arch to floor):

Front 590mm (was 630mm)

Rear 610mm (was an agricultural 670mm!)

Yes I know I could probably go lower but this will do for now while I get used to it. Am I right in thinking I might expect to see it settle a bit lower anyway over time? Pretty happy with the look at this height and its pretty much just less than a 2 finger gap all around.

Anyway some pics:

Mate, that looks stunning! 8) 'bout time too! :lol:

Yep, will take a few weeks to settle fully with new top mounts etc.

Look forward to seeing it in the metal! I'll have to pop over sometime.

Mate, that looks stunning! 8) 'bout time too! :lol:

Yep, will take a few weeks to settle fully with new top mounts etc.

Look forward to seeing it in the metal! I'll have to pop over sometime.

Cheers Andy, all

The old top mounts look in pretty good nick to me so I'll keep them as spares. I also have the old shocks, 2 original and 2 my mechanic reckoned have been replaced at some point but I don't know if they are any use to anyone - Maybe you could have a look at them and see what you think - seems a shame to bin them as they were working fine - yet more clutter for the garage :?

looks sweet, be good to see the beast on the national day!! :clap:

i need to get mine done, but thats planned for august, just in time for the nurburgring trip!

If you dont mind me asking how much did the garage charge you to fit the suspension mate its so i can get an idea of how much i should be paying for them to be fitted??

Absolutely stunning Vaughan, what a difference a subtle drop with quality wheels makes. Looking at that makes me want to get my tired RX2s refurbed asap! Look forward to catching up with you at the Nat Day 8)

If you dont mind me asking how much did the garage charge you to fit the suspension mate its so i can get an idea of how much i should be paying for them to be fitted??

If its any help it was about 6 hrs labour @c£35/hr but that included fitting a new gearbox mount.