Sign in to follow this  
Veearrhsix

Show Us Your Red Rado Thread

I bought the red raddo due to one fact...it looks good as a racer style,get the right wheel ,big turbo cage it and it looks spot on,not many colours will suit the "racer look"

Theses are what i call perfect IMOP. 8)

Got to agree on the that - Nice front bumper too. Bold stance. I think choice of wheels is a very personal matter tho, and as I've seen so far, it's quite varied, and touch and go. Most other colours of car seem to get away with it easier, but particular attention has to be spared for our choice of wheel. Noticed the sidestrips are left on the majority of the Rado's. Red needs a bit of black on it just to match the rest of the various plastic trim. If they weren't there tho, I'd favour removing the sidestrips. Balance is key.

This is my all time Fave Pic of a Red C!

nice-red-rado.jpg

Perfect IMO

Oh Yeah......Sidestrips on! Breaks up the car!

My best Ferrari of all time - got to say there is some resemblance between the Rado above to this GTO.

FerrariGTO.jpg

...not sure what these chrome ones are called,

Aren't they Schmidt Modern Lines? Could well be wrong though...

close but my moneys on TH lines 8)

...not sure what these chrome ones are called,

Aren't they Schmidt Modern Lines? Could well be wrong though...

close but my moneys on TH lines 8)

Very tasty rimmage :notworthy:

Just studying the difference of crookesey's and iggi's "skirt" depth on their front bumpers. Is the shorter depths a custom job? crookesey?

cg.jpg

love my little red one

bumpers been smoothed very soon :luvlove:

I think most people do too ...I know I would if I had a that kind of power on tap. Just think - you could have 600 bhp from that lump one day!

mabe lack of funds at moment as want to get mk1 golf road worthy just need to tidy up my corrado a bit then its all done??maybe a bigger turbo next year he he :grin:

..here's mine as it goes so far (there are plans for this baby yet)

Corrado7c.jpg

Corrado7b.jpg

Corrado7a.jpg

Waxed but not polished as yet... engine bay is near to sparkling shine as one could do in a day... wheels need refurbishing (TBH, the whole body needs a respray - and the engine could do with an overhaul, but that's a common violin-ridden song among Rado owners eh?)... Chassis could do with a tweak too. But despite a list of a load of other major setbacks, I ruddy love this car. Probably to a point where I know most non-Corrado drivers would shake their heads, and say, trade it in... Pah - never... :salute:

Not had internet access for 3 weeks - Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! It's good to be back! :clap: Moved house in the process, T-cutted the car last week in between b@stard showers, then added the restorer, then the Auto Gym gloss shine, and for the first couple of days the car got a liking by the rotten birds!!!! Leaving presents all over it - and I mean big presents! What are they eating these days!!!

Well that T-cut scared the sh*t out of me as never used the original stuff before! Couldn't get the stuff off initially, so had to put more on to get it off... thought I'd melted the body work on occassions! :scratch: New neighbours from all fours observed on that day...Well it looks good as nearly new now - just needs the wheels reconditioning, and that'll be phase one of many many more to go! Pics coming soon! Got a Ford Capri fanatic on my street too - so likes his cars I think too...

couple of pic's of mine after i washed the several inches of mud off it, after i got back from Alltypes show yesterday (was a bit muddy).