Abdul

A comeback is looming...

I don't understand a word you techy nerds are talking about!!!

I am VERY nerdy when it comes to engines and stereos :lol:

Basically, Abdul and I were discussing the creme da la creme of car stereo kit. But the good thing about engines and stereos is you don't have to be a nerd to appreciate them. Your bum and ears tell you all you need to know ;)

Pretty much what Kev said. Those Seas comps are awesome, only ever heard one set by they were great. Whereas you like to please your ears and bum (ooooooh lol) I like to please my eyes and ears so they take priority over performance but not by much.

I like my music ridiculously loud though so my install won't consist of sq fairy brands lol. The idea is to sound good at moderate volumes while playing ridiculously loud when I want with 0 distortion. I like my bass to have a lot 30-35hz output too so I'm going to run a ported box.

Baz, that's a pretty comprehensive list to be honest, just deaden the doors and install everything properly and it should sound great!

I got Bilal from SNS tuning/storm motorwerkes to do me a shifted gear knob and I'll tell you what it's bloody fantastic. My cables need adjusting anyway but the shift is soo much better now and shorter as the gearnob sits about an inch lower. £49 delivered may seem like a lot but for the difference it makes its worth It all day long IMO.

He has a couple left ATM so if anyone wants one get in touch. He can do a new batch if there is enough interest.

8df93c82.jpg

a9be3b5d.jpg

Sorry about the wonky pics, it looks damn good with Dave's surround IMO.

Aero wipers are on too...

3a539f10.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I don't like the cold gear knob first thing in the morning or am I just a woose! lol

Look nice with the surround though.

Wasn't so sure with the surround on its own but looks much better with the matching knob

Yeah cheers Rams. To be honest I don't often drive the car when it's overly cold or raining.

Some more pics, I absolutely adore the gear knob. The shift is so much better and it feels great to drive with and IMO looks the absolute dogs. It brings up the interior a bit from the sea of black that it is.

b03a5ace.jpg

35bd3479.jpg

f75aa6be.jpg

I think the combination of the gear knob and surround make for my favourite mod on the whole car!

Aero wipers dont just look good,you have more vision when they are parked, and you can actually see where your going when its raining !

Gearknob looks good with Daves surround,

I bow down to your superior ICE knowledge ! I for one are glad your back were you belong,

behind the wheel of a Corrado

P.S. have a word with Dave,see if he will make you some of his ultra cool (lower)seat handles in st/st

Edited by dragon green

Thanks mate, very kind words there.

Do you have any pics of said seat handles?

I can see this fascination with stainless/brushed getting worse now lol.

Aeros are too cool, they look so much better as they don't stick out about an inch off the screen plus they actually clean the damn thing like you say!

Loving the work on yours btw, can't wait till I have enough for a proper respray! Need to save up and invest in a load of spoonfed parts too. I want to buy everything in one go but it's costly gear so will have to wait as I have a few greasy bits to sort first.

These are what i made,after seeing some that Dave had made in a GB a few years ago,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52841[/ATTACH]

Im sure he has hinted about making another batch !

These are what i made,after seeing some that Dave had made in a GB a few years ago,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52841[/ATTACH]

Im sure he has hinted about making another batch !

That looks easy enough to make, just start with one of these :o

I'm going to get Dave to knock me up a set in brushed finish like my surround and knob...

Ok so onto the cars paint.

Basically its been painted in the past and not very well, prep work showing through the paint etc, rippley paint on the doors etc. Either way I've got to make do with it as I can't afford a proper respray to the standards I want just yet.

These pics don't do anything to capture it but hey ho.

fc9f33b2.jpg

1d4b8875.jpg

f4917e4b.jpg

Anyway so the car was washed, clayed them washed then I run out of daylight lol.

I only got the bonnet done and my polishes of choice as usual are Menzerna intensive polish followed by final finish.

Unfortunately it was dark by time I finished the bonnet (all ive done so far lol) and my digicam is awol so I got one iphone snap lol.

3bbdb9e2-1.jpg

Will update tommorow with more pics etc.

Should have new wheels in a week or so too. Don't worry the rear lights and rear wiper should be going this weekend too.

Thanks for looking,

Abdul

Quickly wanted to mention the pictures of the car were taken after one wash before claying and polishing. Only the bonnet has been done in the last pic...

Thanks Steve

Ok so today I discovered my drivers wing mirror is aqua blue lol. I can't believe I never spotted I before. I guess it's because the cars parked in the drive with the drivers side facing away from the entrance to the house... Lol

Excuse my iPhone pics.

You can also see some solid swirling here.

05a96be3.jpg

Passenger side before polishing

6a7a3750.jpg

Afters

0ea8a703.jpg

f167a8d6.jpg

Took a break and the exhaust went from black and sooty to

6e5f293c.jpg

Bonnet reflection

d8388c0d.jpg

Drivers side rear quarter

774a8b4b.jpg

Got to do the roof and rear spoiler tommorow then wax etc.

I should've really got some before shots as this car has the worst paint out of all my 8 previous cars. I mean it was ****, flat, swirled, scratched and just **** lol.

Still not great IMO but better.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers Rob, glad your happy with the gear knob.

Jon that is the guy, will call him and have it off him. He did tell me hat the drivers door mirror was smashed and he replaced it with another lol!!

Is it difficult to swap the casing over?

Cheers

Ok detailing was finished, kinda half arsed in the end but meh. I ended up doing the lot other then the bonnet in one hit with Menz intensive polish, couldn't be bothered to refine it with final finish. It's actually got some shine now where as it was near satin before. I actually got rid of more or less all of the swirls but then made the mistake of letting my cousin apply the sealant to my car (poorboys blackhole). What he didn't mention to me was that the pad he used dropped on the floor face down before he used it the plum. So now my fresh..ish paint is swirly again. DOH!

Either way all is good as I wasn't aiming for full correction, the aim was to bring back the shine. I was thinking of wet sanding the car but then the paint job is poor anyway and imo it would be a waste of effort...

I got a set of standard tail lights off Rob on this forum and tinted them myself, need to flat them back and polish them though... also dewipered it while I was at it.

New wheels too, thanks to Karl for the Azev's...

Had an absolute nightmare getting em on the front due to spacers, longer bolts and porka calipers, long story but 3 hours, 2 tyre shops, 10 over sized bolts, 10 undersized bolts and 6 sets of spacers later the wheels were on but they sit really badly up front atm.

I'm running 15mm spacers all round but once the porka's come off next week and 288's go on I'm taking the spacers off the front and dropping the front 15mm or so.

Enough waffling, pics! Sorry they're iphone snaps again, once the stance is sorted i'll take some nice pics!

9b5a9087.jpg

38e92707.jpg

b078a67e.jpg

Rears sit spot on

38e92707.jpg

Fronts are wack

e7af3902.jpg

beb9c394.jpg

Thanks for looking

Abdul

---------- Post added at 1:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:19 AM ----------

Looking at those pics I think I prefer the wheels without the caps lol.

Also, scratch the lowering plans, 10mm rear, 25mm front. It looks ridiculous right now... lol

Edited by Abdul