Abdul

A comeback is looming...

i hate you Abdul, i'm looking at e39 530i's lol

Haha lol.

Kev their 6 pots. 535 and 540 and 8. 535 did cross my mind but it drinks the same as a 540 and hardly out muscles the 530. Pointless.

I've decided it's either going to be a 530i in Aegean blue with silver leather or the champaigne edition. If I can't find a good example of either ill still keep an eye out for a 3 series but it would have to have an awesome spec to tempt me away from the Aegean 530. I just love the interior!!! :)

I havent been in an e39 in a couple years to be honest but I do recall it being pretty immense. Set of Arbs should make things more exciting!

Cool, cheers.

My mate at work had a 540i. It was an early one (2001 iirc) with the single fat, menacing looking tailpipe, and wore M5 rims. Looked really nice. On paper, the 540i's power and torque isn't immense by modern standards, but even so, fun me does it throw you back in the seat. I was really, really impressed by it. Not quite so impressed with the build quality of the interior on his. I think the early E39s were known to have a few quality issues. His OBC display had several digits missing for instance, which apparently was a common fault and expensive to fix.

Other than that, f'kin good cars overall. I'm having to stop myself buying Griffy's M5!

Kev, get the m5!

So I gave it some thought and I dont need an e39, it's too big and finding an 03 Aegean blue car is difficult so e46 it is! Also the Aegean blue's demand a huge premium even over the champaign editions and to be honest Im not up for it lol (kinda like storm tax haha).

Some fresh iphone pics:

4de41dcb.jpg

cb954d24.jpg

fe6fc8d6.jpg

3e41029f.jpg

8ed30691.jpg

c9290db8.jpg

All being well the car will be gone this week... :)

I hate to already say it but I'll probably buy a 16v project towards the end of the year. Something to build from the ground up... Must be non sunroof though!

Car looks fantastic. So you found a lucky new owner?

Haha I can't believe you're already thinking of another one.

Yeah I've always wanted a 16v on itb's stripped out etc. I should never have sold those jenvey throttle bodies lol.

It won't happen anytime soon.

It's sold to a lovely couple from Cardiff! Took a while but we got there in the end lol.

Glad you managed to get a sale. Hope the new couple appreciate it. Did you point them in the direction of the forum?

See you back in a few months when you get the urge to buy another :)

Lol I'll be back for sure!

They're forum members but rarely get on here... I'm sure corrado ownership will force them on here at some point lol.

It most certainly has! lol. great car mate we love it!

Lol I'll be back for sure!

They're forum members but rarely get on here... I'm sure corrado ownership will force them on here at some point lol.

It most certainly has! lol. great car mate we love it!

Good to see you on here mate! Get up a progress thread!

Since having sold my 24V storm I've really not had much interest in cars, just bought a couple and drove em, no dirty hands!

First I bought this on a whim, 54k at the time, fsh, individual paint and trim run out model 328i cabrio. On D2 coilys with a supersprint exhaust, M3 wheels and a few other trick bits. Honestly was an absolute minter, not a single mark on the car.

51c41be5.jpg

e8f684d5.jpg

22ff661d.jpg

Down sides; it was a convertible and an auto. Had it been a coupe it'd be here now lol.

So I sold it and drove the Mrs' polo for a bit before buying this 325 off a mate again on a whim.

image-25.jpg

Bloody nice car to drive, probably my most well rounded car to date! Nippy, comfortable, good looking, nice handling and good steering feedback which is a must for me. Don't get me wrong, the V8 in the Merc was to die for but it was a boat with a V8 at the end of the day.

So, company car due within the next month or so and the 325 will be up for sale...

Rado number 5? :)

Edited by Abdul

Your worst than a boomerang mate :D

12 cars to date. Hopefully get 13 & 14 soon Lol :)

Cheers fellas. Thing is I want something to perhaps hit a few track days with aswell and so clio 172/182's have been tempting me...

Rory how's the valver?

Well, to update this thread 7 months later.

Not one rado has caught my eye to date that I'd want to buy really.

Search continues.

In the mean time I've got this.

5.4 V8

Approx 360bhp and about 390 lb ft of torque.

8_zps020f9e70.jpg

10_zpsc38371fd.jpg

11_zps83c4cc35.jpg

My fave bit:

13_zps580de6a8.jpg

16_zpsafbde984.jpg

Yep need a new camera.

Plans, not sure, tyres are shot so new rims are coming soon which inevitably means hitting it with the lowering stick. Oh and a bit more work to make the exhaust louder lol.

Cheers

Thats alot of car there!

Is that a Nokia Ringo!? I had one of them in 1998! :nuts:

I thought it looked like a Nokia 6150....... :shrug: