Sign in to follow this  
andy

Nissan GTR ride

I was lucky enough to co-pilot one of these round the 'quiet' Dorset country lanes last night, oh my god, what a car! 3.8 V6 twin turbo, 500 bhp :D Absolutely instantaneous gearchanges, the most unbelievable chassis, ride quality that would put some 'comfy' cars to shame and grip levels that actually make parts of your body hurt after a while. Awesome car with an awesome driver, he describes it as 'weapons grade' and I think that just about sums it up! I can't imagine there is another car out there that can compete on real roads. Brutal!

It'll be years before s/hand GTRs are affordable !

It does annoy me that the GTR is £30K in America and Japan, but £50K here. But even priced at £50K, it's still a fair price for what it can do in return.

I reckon the latest 911 GT3 and the Lotus Evora would give it a run for it's money on 'real roads', but not a lot else.

Have you seen the Pricing of the Evora though......it seems like a small amount of car for a whole lot of money when compared to the GTR, and what one do you think would last longer.....my money would be on the Datsun :D

Evora has had great reviews but I reakon Lotus might regret such high pricing.

Had one at full tilt overtake me on the 'Ring a couple of months back, my pants nearly catipulted out of the sunroof

Sounded super cool!!

GTR3.jpg

GTR2.jpg

GTR1.jpg

DSC00257.jpg

Those are 380 mm brakes, all round...... I believe 6 pots at the front and 4 pots at the rear. Believe me they stop the car with unbelievable effect, totally out of the seat!

Just to put that in perspective those brake discs are roughly the same diameter as a VR6 speedline alloy wheel. :eek:

Yes, he's a colleague, he's been waiting 18 months for it, he's erm rather keen on his cars shall we say. :D

They'll be more rides to come...

lucky begger.....is the blue proton also his :D

No, he does have an Audi S8 4.2 V8 as a daily driver though....... I thought that was good until last night!

Awesome... what a machine. Wouldn't mind a ride (drive!) of one of these...... There's a good video of drewie99 on a Supercar Day in one of these on Youtube and he's giggling like a little girl most of the time ;)

There was an interesting post on an online blog about just how much of an 'affordable' supercar these are though.... just found it on Google here:

http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/2009 ... nsive.html

$2,000 for a fluid change?! :| Jeezus.

It'll be years before s/hand GTRs are affordable !

It does annoy me that the GTR is £30K in America and Japan, but £50K here. But even priced at £50K, it's still a fair price for what it can do in return.

I reckon the latest 911 GT3 and the Lotus Evora would give it a run for it's money on 'real roads', but not a lot else.

The owners mate has a 911 GT3 RS, they've had a play against each other, the 911 provided no worries for the GTR, all this whilst he was still 'running the GTR in' ie not using max revs/load.

I can't believe they're £30k elsewhere, total bargain.

Ooooh nice!

I've seen a gleaming black one of these purring around the streets of Toronto and the thing looks mean :norty:

Would be awesome to have a play in one too... :luvlove:

Edit: Oh and Kev - the list price for these is about the same in the US - the base model there is $80,000 + tax, so about £50k. They're actually even more in Canada, but such is the way.

cant believe how nice they are, WOW!!! :luvlove:

one of the nicest cars i have seen for a while, havent seen one of these on the roads yet

A goldy type colour one drove past me earlier, didn't know what it was until I read this thread! :lol: It had masses of road presence, awesome looking car - like a 350Zx but much better!

Saw a few of them at the Nurburgring the other week...best colour for them is white 8) they go like stink aswell, bloody amazing!!!!

Want a laugh watch this me driving a GTR and it was awesome the quickest and easiest car ive ever driven,i also drove a gt3 rs and there is no way one of those or a lotus evora would keep up they would not be far behind but remember the GTR is around 1700kg its impressive. Enjoy

Stunning machines.

Just up the road from where Mrs Rat works is a guy with a grey GTR on his driveway. He also has a white R34 GTR and a 350Z, the git.

Want a laugh watch this me driving a GTR and it was awesome the quickest and easiest car ive ever driven,i also drove a gt3 rs and there is no way one of those or a lotus evora would keep up they would not be far behind but remember the GTR is around 1700kg its impressive. Enjoy

good ol boy!!!! not sure i would like that guy telling me exactly how to drive but suppose it helps... looks like a good day, how much was it and what else did ya drive??

cost me £225 from everyman racing 4 laps in the gtr and 4 laps in the porsche gt3rs i think those were the best choice as the track and the straight was not very long i enjoyed it it was a good day,trouble is they have a load of knobs that go and think they can drive and they cant so have to air on the side of caution if you bin it you pay. Trouble is you just get used to it by the time 4 laps are over and you have to come back in,both cars were rally good to drive.

cost me £225 from everyman racing 4 laps in the gtr and 4 laps in the porsche gt3rs i think those were the best choice as the track and the straight was not very long i enjoyed it it was a good day,trouble is they have a load of knobs that go and think they can drive and they cant so have to air on the side of caution if you bin it you pay. Trouble is you just get used to it by the time 4 laps are over and you have to come back in,both cars were rally good to drive.

just looked on site actually, seems good price to be fair... but like you say, nob heads and need more time.. plus i would wana drive an db9 and audi r8 really... £799 for the cars i want, think i will spend the money on the rado at the min

Looks like a fantastic day, always wanted to go on one of these. Wouldnt mind going on a skid pan too, but not in a skyline! :lol: