stormseeker

VAG-COM scanning & help

I just found out that the cd i got off the bay with the bentley manual on also has VAG-COM which was a nice surprise. Can someone post a link to the cables etc i need to scan my car and if possible an Audi A4??

Bought mine on ebay mate, but it doesnt work when the engine is running, luckily my mate has one too and that does work. have a look around ebay, and make sure they have a returns policy.

Bought mine on ebay mate, but it doesnt work when the engine is running, luckily my mate has one too and that does work. have a look around ebay, and make sure they have a returns policy.

Cheers stan. I looked on ebay and there are loads :lol: so was just wondering if someone who knows can have a look and post up the link to the right ones. Im a lazy fecker :lol:

Anyone know where I can get a copy of VAG-COM, preferably cheaply? Got an ABS fault and think it would be a useful tool to have :)

Download vag com from http://www.ross-tech.com/ for free, buy a cable from Ebay (mine cost about £15 inc post from Germany) and get your license from ross tech for $99.

I gave mine a try the other night but i couldnt get it to work! I connected it all up and ran a test and it said everything was ok and the interface was found etc but when i try scanning any controllers its says that it cant communicate with any!! Is there anything i need to check? I looked at the FAQ's on the ross-tech site and checked the list and im sure its all good, i installed all the right drivers etc and there are no conflicts that i could see anyway so why wont it work????

Cheers.

Did you carry out the test before hand, and then save the settings?

Make sure you plug the lead in before switching on the ignition too, and als try it without the engine running first.

Make sure you plug the lead in before switching on the ignition too, and als try it without the engine running first.

Yes mate i carried out the test to which it said OK and interface found etc so i saved and then carried out the test without the engine on but it still comes back with controller not responding! I will have another go later on and make sure i do it all properly, but im pretty sure i done it properly last time.

Yes mate i carried out the test to which it said OK and interface found etc so i saved and then carried out the test without the engine on but it still comes back with controller not responding! I will have another go later on and make sure i do it all properly, but im pretty sure i done it properly last time.

Rob even though the engine should be off, the ignition still needs to be on mate, I assume it was though? :wink:

Rob even though the engine should be off, the ignition still needs to be on mate, I assume it was though? :wink:[/quote:09317]

Yeah it was mate i may be blonde but not THAT blonde :lol:

Just checking :lol:

I'll bring mine to the summer scorcher mate, you going? if so then I'll plug it in and see if we can work out whats going on.

I'll bring mine to the summer scorcher mate, you going? if so then I'll plug it in and see if we can work out whats going on.

Its not my car im trying to sort out mate its my parents Audi A4 (B6) which has been playing up for quite a while now with the battery going flat all the time even though nothings being left on and the battery was replaced and even the alternator (by a dodgy garage who ran a diagnostics apparently and it said it was alternator but thats done sod all to it!) but still goes flat. It also has a warning light on all the time and the electric windows are being dodgy as well as the ESP not turning on or off so it seriously needs a scan!

I have given up with it, i dunno why its not connecting i have downloaded all the right drivers (i think anyway!!) its the right verison of the software to do both my car and their car, i got the lead you told me to which should be the right one but its just not getting any response from the controllers! I downloaded the latest version to see if that done anything but that didnt even recognise the Interface so no hope there either.

Its not my car im trying to sort out mate its my parents Audi A4 (B6) which has been playing up for quite a while now with the battery going flat all the time even though nothings being left on and the battery was replaced and even the alternator (by a dodgy garage who ran a diagnostics apparently and it said it was alternator but thats done sod all to it!) but still goes flat. It also has a warning light on all the time and the electric windows are being dodgy as well as the ESP not turning on or off so it seriously needs a scan!

I have given up with it, i dunno why its not connecting i have downloaded all the right drivers (i think anyway!!) its the right verison of the software to do both my car and their car, i got the lead you told me to which should be the right one but its just not getting any response from the controllers! I downloaded the latest version to see if that done anything but that didnt even recognise the Interface so no hope there either.

Does it work on your car?

Also, to test the alternator:

start the car

place a mutlimeter across the battery terminals and see what you get - it should be around 14.7 vdc

If its lower, it aint charging

Does it work on your car?

Also, to test the alternator:

start the car

place a mutlimeter across the battery terminals and see what you get - it should be around 14.7 vdc

If its lower, it aint charging

Nope didnt work on my car either, although to be fair i havent tried it again yet after installing drivers and what not.

The alternator on the audi is fine as it was changed even though it wasnt the cause of the problem, and its definately charging as the drive to work gives it enough charge for it to start to drive home luckily, but its dead again the next morning.

My dad was wonderng if it could be the glow plug being a diesel staying on, but we dont know where abouts its is to chec :oops: :lol: plus i would of thought that would just burn out if left on all the time?? There's nothing else physically visible thats staying on to cause it to drain. Im thinkin it could be alarm/immobilizer side of things also as thats played up before??

Defo an electric problem mate. You should be able to send the lead back if it doesnt work anyway, get in touch with them.

I have vag-com software + 2x2 and ODB2 cables.

Also have a VAG 1552 at the mo?!

I live in Berkshire .

Slough by day,Reading by nite.

I travel around the south UK a fair bit through work so people can always ask etc.

8)

I have vag-com software + 2x2 and ODB2 cables.

Also have a VAG 1552 at the mo?!

I live in Berkshire .

Slough by day,Reading by nite.

I travel around the south UK a fair bit through work so people can always ask etc.

8)

Hi there,

Could I meet up with you one day (at your convenience of course) to run a test on my ABS?

The light is on all the time, I suspect a rear hall sender but would prefer to check rather than just ordering it...

It's a 94/95 VR6 with the 2x2

Cheers

Simon

Hi... Is there anyone in the cheshire area that can help us with an ABS problem? i live in northwich but i can travel up to about 30 miles if anyone is willing to help....its an OB2 connector. Cheers.

Am please to say I now have VAG-COM available for OBD-2 fitted cars in the Bournemouth/Poole area.