stormseeker

VAG-COM scanning & help

Have ABS fault light want to see if I can find out which sensor is gone- anyone in guildford area with VAG-COM and 2x2 connector? Ta..

Have ABS fault light want to see if I can find out which sensor is gone- anyone in guildford area with VAG-COM and 2x2 connector? Ta..

I live in Reading but I'm in Staines sometimes at weekends etc if you want to travel a short way?!

I live in Reading but I'm in Staines sometimes at weekends etc if you want to travel a short way?!

Cheers for your help mate- got it working fine- had codes 285, 287, 290 and 599, cleared them and they haven't re-appeared- and hopefuly they won't!

now that I've got the software I'm going to order my own cable I think- it took me all of 10 minutes to sort it all out!

Will contact you re: returning your cables,

Once again- many thanks..

I've now got VAG COM and the 16pin OBD2 connector in Winchester.

I can't connect to my ABS unit though, I get an error saying "Too many communication errors to continue". It did connect once, but the connection failed before I could get codes out of it. There is a lot of associated clicking from the instrument panel area of the dash during this.

have you tried it in both cars?

Only got ABS in the VR, will have to find someone to try it on

if you havn't found anyone by next week give us a shout and i'll pop down.

I may need some more parts off that Kr lump as well if thats ok?

if you havn't found anyone by next week give us a shout and i'll pop down.

I may need some more parts off that Kr lump as well if thats ok?

Cheers.

Pop down any time for parts. I'll be around all of this weekend, then at ed38...

Right. I've been fiddling around with vag-com and i'd like to see what the sensors are reading from the laptop, mostly because I am a geek, and nosy.

I understand that I go into the Measuring blocks section, but how do I know which group does what?

Does anyone have a list?

Cheers

Tom

Cheers Stan. I've just had a fiddle around with the software and logged a load of sensor information, which was nice, think it's just a case of pressing the button and seeing what comes up.

Having problems with my vagcom.

I have a cheap usb cable off ebay. This all worked fine with my laptop running win 2000. However on my new laptop and my brothers both running XP service pack 2 we 're having problems.

Installed the software, pluged the cable in, computer see's this, all good. However when trying to install the usb driver for the cable it doesnt find it. (thats following the proceedure of selecting the vagcom folder with the driver in).

If you go into vagcom and use com 3 it finds the cable fine.

So the problem is installing the usb driver.

Anyone had sim issues?

Steve, can't help you with your VAG-COM issues but may I borrow it soon? Having engine issues with my 9a-16v and just waiting to see what VAG-COM will pick up engine-wise from this...

Did you run the install program that came with the cable?

I had to let my laptop search the internet for the drivers and it was fine after, think there's 2 drivers it needs to download too.

Just had an interesting hour with an auto electrician comparing VAG-COM's and showing him how to use it a bit, and he had a nice cable off ebay that toldd the laptop it was a genuine rosstech jobber and worked with 7.02 fine. And to beat my cable it communicated with my abs without any issues, well apart from the multitude of errors on the ABS but still...

Deviant, it's unlikely vag com will give you much help with the 9a, the ecu is far to primative to give you any decent information.

So the problem is installing the usb driver.

May be talkin pish, but I thought most USB stuff only requires the driver installation for Win 98 or older OS's? Thought you didn't need to install drivers in XP?

Probably gonna get flamed by the techies now but just a thought??? :D

As Stormseker Seems to have left the building (last visit March 2006!) Would one of the Mods like to update the list please?

As there's no-one current listed for Oxon despite Steve having VAG-COM...

Oh and apparently you CAN interrigate 9a engines with VAG-COM.. ?The Phirm have done it?

hi mate, no at one point I thought i'd got it to work after downloading a driver so it picks the cable up on the pc but its still not having it :? how did the compression test go? if i get it to work i'll give u a bell ...next option is the hammer though :lol:

I may need some codes read in Suffolk and i noticed that my local VAG-COM helper is kevhaywire but i can't find him. Has he changed his username or something?

Anyone else in Suffolk willing to help?

Cheers, James.

Don't suppose anyone with VAG.com in the North East London/Essex area (or anyone in London) is able to help me are they? I would order one, but they will take a while to deliver from the USA and the UK site is soooooo expensive.

I may need some codes read in Suffolk and i noticed that my local VAG-COM helper is kevhaywire but i can't find him. Has he changed his username or something?

Anyone else in Suffolk willing to help?

Cheers, James.

he's cheesewire now.