stormseeker

VAG-COM scanning & help

filski I'm in Surrey sometimes,i.e Chertsey Staines Egham etc.

I'm also in Slough and Reading quite a bit if you ever come out that sort of way?

help needed.......................... there a case of beer for anyone who has vag-com in poole/bournemonth area !! car won't start, replaced; ignition switch, coilpack, leads and she still won't fire up. PLEASE HELP :( :( :( :( :(

Hi Anyone in North Yorks area? I'm about replace abs control unit, hopfully that should cure the light not going off but will need a reset i think and mot due sooooon :o

Cheers mate - will be a few weeks before I will be able to arrange with you to meet up around there, but will get in touch.

/D

Hello. I used search and got to this thread!

My KR has one connector behind the shift gaiter, with two wires. How is it supposed to be used? Could anyone tell me what codes should I get from it, and their meaning?

tnx!

I own an early Corrado, KR, and have the 2x2 connector (or 1x1,...) which is used in order to get ABS faults. but I have no ABS :shrug: :shrug: So I was wondering why is it in there?? :shrug:

Does anyone know if the 2x2 adapter is a simple 'mechanical' (i.e. plug-shape) adapter rather than an interface in its own right? I was thinking of buying this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=300296370997&Category=30921

...so that I can scan older cars too. I have an official VAG-COM interface but didn't buy the 2x2 adapter at the time as it was quite expensive and also unnecessary for my car, but if this one would work then I'd be willing to buy it so that I could scan older Corrados too.

Can anyone who has the 2x2 adapter confirm this?

Does anyone know if the 2x2 adapter is a simple 'mechanical' (i.e. plug-shape) adapter rather than an interface in its own right? I was thinking of buying this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=300296370997&Category=30921

...so that I can scan older cars too. I have an official VAG-COM interface but didn't buy the 2x2 adapter at the time as it was quite expensive and also unnecessary for my car, but if this one would work then I'd be willing to buy it so that I could scan older Corrados too.

Can anyone who has the 2x2 adapter confirm this?

That will be fine, it is purely to adapt to different plugs - no electronics.

I have 16pin and 2x2 on the Isle of Wight, although, I don't imagine there are too many on here from the Isle of Wight.

hi, does anyone have the 2x2 for a 92 g60 in the guildford area? my abs light comes on when i hit 60mph. im pretty sure its one of the wheel sensors but would rather know which one to replace than going through them one by one :cuckoo:

i dont mind a bit of a drive!

cheers

mark

Hi veedub16v, not hugely helpful but if you are still stuck and can get hold of a 2x2 to obd2 converter then I am only over in Redhill. They are only about £10. Have you cleaned the sensor rotors (fronts anyway) they get fouled up a bit? Failing that Dave Mir in Dorking has the VW tool. He will probably charge you a bit for reading the ecu. I can pm you his No. Neil