GlosterOx

1994 Dark Burgundy Pearl VR6

Car passed it's MOT today so legal until April 1st 2014 - Only 2 advisories, hand brake lever travel and a CV gaitor needs replacing. Will give it a good clean over the weekend ready for Coleford on Easter Monday, weather report so far is dry but cold (Can live with that!!)

Ian.

Your car looks really smart, looking forward to seeing some recent pics of the car.

can see its really well looked after.

​Tom

Been massively busy with work and other things and then realised it has been about 10 months since I last updated this, so here goes. Fitted in this time, from memory, are:

CV Gaitor

Inner Track Rods

Toad Cat 1 Alarm (ICS, Coventry - Highly recommended)

Chrome Interior Door Pulls

Leather VW Gear Knob

"Kurzy" uprated Headlamp wiring loom

Headlamp Switch

Front ABS Sensor

Correct 7 Rib Pulley for the Alternator + Belt

Auxillary Belt Tensioner

BMC CDA

Large Bore/Ported Throttle Body

Eibach Rear ARB

Bilstein B12 Pro Suspension Kit + Top Mounts and Bearings etc

Lots of St/Steel fittings!

Am really impressed with the suspension after a short 10 mile drive back home from the garage, it feels more controlled and planted to the road - Less "crashy". The stance of it looks good as well I think?

A few pics:

Engine work is next on the list, hopefully next month, as have started accumulating parts! Plans are:

24V Alum Sump

Vege rebuilt cylinder head

Autotech 262 Cams

INA Tappets

Elring Head Bolts

Set of Injectors, ultrasonically cleaned with new filters/seals

Blast + Paint Inlet Manifold

Hopefully have it finished in time to give it a run up to the CCGB AGM @ Gaydon.

Ian.

Did you buy the cylinder head direct from VEGE, mate? And if so how much?

Did you buy the cylinder head direct from VEGE, mate? And if so how much?

Yes, it was a sale one (OBD2) - It was just over £100 + carriage from Germany + VAT, around £150.00 all in.

Ian.

Really? Damnit! That's a bargain! :( I can't imagine they'll have any more left at that price.

I called them recently (when I bought I've from a forum member here) and apparently they were at about £80 but all stock now snapped up by their French subsidiary. Worth a try though.

Is it me or is your battery sitting differently in the bay ?

Rob

Not that I'm aware of - We positioned the 3 relays for the uprated headlamp loom on the wing just above it though?

Ian.

Thinking about it Rob it may appear slightly higher than normal as it is sat on a double layer of acid absorbent matting (just in case?).

Ian.

It's mad isn't it? A recon head for £150 delivered! Good to see you've got the Bilsteins on Ian! Looking good, lots of progress made.

Hi mate, would you say the rear arb and ported throttle body have made much difference?

Too early to say on the ARB due go the weather but I think the ported TB definitely improves throttle response.

Ian.

Sweet, I look forward to your update on the ARB!

Thinking about it Rob it may appear slightly higher than normal as it is sat on a double layer of acid absorbent matting (just in case?).

Ian.

Might be because I'm looking at it on my phone , it looks like it's been turned round the other way . Good idea putting the loom on the wing . I have mine on the battery cover . It's held on with double sided tape but keeps coming off . I'm going to use Velcro stuck on with mitre fix .

Rob

Have had a busy but productive weekend with the car. Put some Engine Flush in the oil before setting off for my friends garage Saturday as I had use of a ramp and facilities. Drained it, new filter (oil was black) and refilled it with Castrol GTX before running it again for another 20 or so minutes. Drained oil again and disposed of filter before dropping the sump as I had an aluminium 24V one to go on - Pleased to find the strainer was completely clear and very little metal in the sump pan.

Sealant on the sump and then fitted with St/Steel Bolts + Washers, waited 10 minutes for it to go off and refilled with Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 10W-50, checked for leaks but all good. Time then for an MOT which it passed with just one advisory on a chipped windscreen so all OK until 01/04/2015.

Sunday afternoon was spent removing the crumbling bonnet insulation and glue with a polish of the panels afterwards, 3 hours solid but really pleased with how it came up. Decision now is whether to keep it as is or fit the bonnet panels from the USA on the last GB?

A few pics, not the best!

Nice work Ian! What did you use to remove the glue from the bonnet insulation? A job I've got in the next few weeks which I'm really not looking forward to! I should be receiving my Fuchs titan 10w50 tomorrow (with the free litre) from Opie too!

Next stop is DG Autotech on Thursday for the head, cams and refurbed injectors to be fitted amongst other things.

Ian.

Hi Ian,

Nice work. Graham had your old car last week, when I took it in for its service and MOT. :thumbleft:

I take it removing the foam and leaving it like that will make the engine louder?

Cheers

Nice work , I will be using one of the above products to remove the glue soon , as my bonnet is having some fresh paint and they are doing the underside as well .