gradeAfailure

The "Will these wheels and tyres fit" thread

No not yet. I was thinking of getting some axle alignment plates first. Do you get the same rub on yours?

I've not put them on yet, i'm changing wheels, brakes and suspension all at once, just want to get it all sorted with correct parts first, what brakes you running?

Hey guys, Picked up a set of Brock B2 16" 7.5J wheels for the VR and was wondering what best size tyre to put on.

Trial fitted the new wheels last night with the current 195/40/16 on them and I thought they looked terrible. Stretched and lost in the arch.

I was thinking 205/40/16 or 215/40/16

Was leaning more towards the 215 as tyre options available for the 215's are greater.

Will have to use spacers also as the wheels foul the calipers currently.

Any comments on fitment issues

Thanks!!:smug:

45 profile for 16" wheels will keep the rolling radius as close to standard, and keep your speedo correct. What are the offset of the wheels? That'll have an impact on the width if you need spacers

Hi Seanl82, wheels have a offset of ET25.

I was thinking 15mm Hubcentric spacers up front and 15 or 20mm rear.

My only concern with the 45 profile over the 40 is the wheels looking too blooney.

Whats you opinon on the tyre width 205/215

Many thanks for your reply.

Will

I’m torn with getting some speedlines and getting them refurbished in a slightly darker silver metallic, or buying some new 17’s.

The ones in question are 17 x 7.5 5x100 ET35. Presuming fit 205/40/17 tyres?

Main thing is I don’t want any arch mods. So if the larger wheels might rub I’ll stick to the good old originals.

I've got BBS RX228s in that exact fitment. I'm lowered about 30mm on the Bilsteins but had coilies down about 40mm previously and had absolutely no issues with rubbing.

I've got BBS RX228s in that exact fitment. I'm lowered about 30mm on the Bilsteins but had coilies down about 40mm previously and had absolutely no issues with rubbing.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all I'm looking at getting some new rims but not sure if they will fit they are 9j et 18 rears and 8j et15 fronts

Similar spec to most of the wide wheels people run, would look the same as the off the shelf stuff like borbet, schmidt etc with 9x16 et15 & et30. Front's wouldn't be as wide but outer lip would be same position.

Seems a bit quiet in here but here’s my current wheel situation.

16x8.25 et40

215/40’s

What kind of spacer am I going to need to run these wheels?

I'd say get some more reasonably proportioned 16s - stock wheels are ET43 offset. Do you have a big brake conversion or are they standard 280/288s?

Piffle. I’ve run Et30 8x17 et30. Thanks Need hight as catches wing lips now and again.

Min offset on 8” is et35 better with 7.5” with 37-38 offset no rub on lips so can go lower. People who haven’t tried different stuff and offsets shouldn’t have an opinion as they have no experience to base an opinion on. No offence Fend, not directed at you but I’ve come across a few threads that send you in the wrong direction, which is what me make the wrong choice regarding et it in the first wheel choice I made.

Edited by 1xshaunx1

Hey guys i know this thread is old but, brought my rado in 2015 immediately brought wheels since rs 301 were not available purchased felgenwerks classico 16x8 et +20 front 16×9 et +15 rears fit fine does rub waiting on fender roller and my have to raise coilovers, front however will not clear brake caliper carrier bracket. Will have to raise suspension 1 to 2 inches rool lips brought 5mm spacers still wont clear , test fit with both 10mm will clear and have about 2 to 3mm too spare. My delema is change breaks what is recommended so wheels will clear, 8mm spacers or change wheels altogether. Like the look but not wedded to them running 205 45 16 federal ss595. Also do you guys modd or remove fender liners

Piffle. I’ve run Et30 8x17 et30. Thanks Need hight as catches wing lips now and again.

Min offset on 8” is et35 better with 7.5” with 37-38 offset no rub on lips so can go lower. People who haven’t tried different stuff and offsets shouldn’t have an opinion as they have no experience to base an opinion on. No offence Fend, not directed at you but I’ve come across a few threads that send you in the wrong direction, which is what me make the wrong choice regarding et it in the first wheel choice I made.

Yeah, I'm absolutely not an expert on this - I've only ever run standard wheels and prefer the looks and handling they give, but each to their own, so I'm sure with the correct mix of spacers and mods you can get it to work. I'll get me coat so ;)

Not sure what is going on with the thread though, as the original post I replied to went AWOL,

Thanks for advice, and for the breaks they are stock but one caliper sticks on occasion has only happened twice since ownership, so will be replacing soon that's why wondering if willwood or girling conversion is narrower on front than stock as aside from fender rolling and a little poke out past fenders they work

Hi.

Will a VR6 fit larger wheels than a G60(pre facelift ?. I believe the VR6 has wider fenders ?.

I’m buying new wheels for a 91 G60.

Is 17x7.5 ET35 with 205/40/17 the correct/biggest I can fit with modest lowering and no rubbing ?

When you say "larger" do you mean wider or more diameter? All Corados ran 15" rims out of the factory, varying from 6 to 6.5 with ET38-43. 7J ET33 seems to be the widest that will fit easily - you could change offsets and widths, but will affect suspension geometry. There should be a few people on here that can tell you what they are running. Personally I wouldn't go over 16" 7J for everyday driving and ride quality.

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/volkswagen/corrado/1994/#trim-29-vr6-eudm-188

Thanks for reply.

This car is more for a few nice-weather trips in the summer. But I don’t want any rubbing.

Is anyone running 17x7.5 with 205 tires on a pre facelift G60 ?

Thanks for reply.

This car is not a daily drive. More for a few nice-weather trips in the summer. Looks is more important than comfort but I don’t want any rubbing.

Is anyone running 17x7.5 with 205 tires on a pre-facelift car ?

https://m.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/detail/?car_model_id=1338&year=1995&s=00VEK8Gg

What are peoples thoughts on these? 17x8 et35? That also come with 5mm spacers for the vr6.

From all the reading I've done, my head is scrambled but I think they should fit, but not 100%.

It's a standard vr6. I will be lowering the car, probably just with springs, but could go for cheap coil overs if needed, but want wheels first.

Also, I think 205/45 is what is recommended, but would 215/35 work without rolling the arches. I'm not a fan of stretched tyres, and would rather a more square tyre wall.

Not sure if my above post may have been missed by those in the know, due to the forum upgrade. Any advice or opinions greatly appreciated.

On 2/9/2020 at 6:05 PM, Bush said:

https://m.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/detail/?car_model_id=1338&year=1995&s=00VEK8Gg

What are peoples thoughts on these? 17x8 et35? That also come with 5mm spacers for the vr6.

From all the reading I've done, my head is scrambled but I think they should fit, but not 100%.

It's a standard vr6. I will be lowering the car, probably just with springs, but could go for cheap coil overs if needed, but want wheels first.

Also, I think 205/45 is what is recommended, but would 215/35 work without rolling the arches. I'm not a fan of stretched tyres, and would rather a more square tyre wall.

Re-submitting this. Just in case it was missed by those in the know due to the forum upgrade

On 2/13/2020 at 4:37 AM, Bush said:

Not sure if my above post may have been missed by those in the know, due to the forum upgrade. Any advice or opinions greatly appreciated.

Re-submitting this. Just in case it was missed by those in the know due to the forum upgrade

17x8 et35 is apparently the perfect fit for a 17" wheel, have a look at the BBS RS301's, that's the same spec and are definitely the most sought after wheel for the corrado, but also the most insanely priced second hand wheel on the planet.

That said, I think most people running that setup do roll the arches just in case. Physically it will fit but the lower you go, the more chance of catching the arch.

Hi all, 

17 x 8.5  et35 wheels normally fit 215/35/17 looking to change to 215/40/17 any comments on the consequences of this?

30mm drop arches not rolled.

Thanks.