Andi

THE Corrado Forum 2.0 FEEDBACK THREAD

just updated my members gallery thread text 27 pictures text etc you get teh idea ....couldnt post it so copy pasted deleted etc until i could fit it in then it says your post can not be seen until a mod approves it and that message stayed in the thread so i carried on posting .....now the message has gone and the rest of the topic has continued so have i lost all the uber update i put in? as it doesnt seem to be there?

No, as it said, it won't appear until approved by a Mod. It's a Sunday, give us a break ;)

Post approved and it's in your thread.

As it says a few posts up - this is a bug I'm trying to squash. It makes no sense why some people are mod'd and others aren't in these sections though.

Feature

(Not really an update, more of a "Did you know?")

You can use the BBCode

[video ]INSERT FULL URL OF VIDEO HERE[/video ] (without the space)

to display videos from places like YouTube inline of your post. You don't need to just put boring links.

I edited this thread to demonstrate: http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?53771-You-tube-C-grave-yard...&p=699546#post699546

Thanks...

BTW, when I create a new post, I cannot see the icons for URL embedding, B I U etc. When I then try to reply to a post, I can see the icons... (Even if I "Go Advanced"

Any ideas?

Marc

Thanks...

BTW, when I create a new post, I cannot see the icons for URL embedding, B I U etc. When I then try to reply to a post, I can see the icons... (Even if I "Go Advanced"

No idea, as when you create a post it automatically takes you to the advanced page with all those icons!

Must be something local to you.. which browser? Can you try it in another? Chrome, for example.

Hmm... It looks like I get the icons in the Quick Reply view but not in Go Advanced... this is in both IE 8 and FF 3.6.13. I have screen grabs if needed.

Marc

It's alright, I believe you!

Not sure what to suggest... I'll have a poke around the settings and see if there's something I've missed.

Andi? Dont know if its been asked, but is the 'my posts' function available, or is it located elsewhere? Very useful function, perhaps i've just not been able to find it....

fla, this has been asked several times on this thread. before pi55ing andi off I suggest you read through.

in brief, the answer is no but there is a new feature called subscribed thread.

can you edit the title of your thread? if not can you do it for me :0

Edited by Kempy
spelling :)

No, as it said, it won't appear until approved by a Mod. It's a Sunday, give us a break ;)

Post approved and it's in your thread.

As it says a few posts up - this is a bug I'm trying to squash. It makes no sense why some people are mod'd and others aren't in these sections though.

excelent thank you , i understood that it had to be approved etc but the messae stayed there on screen then dissapeared making me think this has now gone....

When i send a PM, it doesnt show up in my sent items??? So i dont know if it has sent or not, anybody else got this?

Just found it in the settings. Radio button was on do not save a copy, moved onto save.

Hmm... It looks like I get the icons in the Quick Reply view but not in Go Advanced... this is in both IE 8 and FF 3.6.13. I have screen grabs if needed.

Marc

Think I have cracked it:

Settings--> My Account (Left hand side) --> General Settings

Near the bottom --> Miscellaneous Options --> Msg editor options. there are 3 settings, mine was set to Basic, I have changed it to Enhanced and I now see the full WYSIWYG editor on new threads.

Cheers,

Marc

Site looks top-notch - Congrats to the whole team. :)

If you need any help with stuff give me a shout, I'm a PHP web developer by trade.

Ollie

PS lost my donator status. Happy to donate more to get it back!

can you edit the title of your thread? if not can you do it for me :0

I have just noticed that while there is the option to edit the title of ones thread, it does not show up on the main page, only once the thread has been clicked on does the edited thread title display.

Is there an option for it to update on the thread list page?

Andi - it took me a while to warm to the new site, but it is I have to say heaps better! Thank you for running the site and for all the time you plough into it. :)

Can the search function be changed to allow searching for 3 letters and below. Makes life very difficult when searching for VR6, G60... you know, the 3 letter words rarely used on this forum.

I've noticed the 'new posts' changed to 'Todays posts' and that was much better, shows lots of new posts listed. But now its gone back to 'new posts', you might only see a couple listed. Any chance we can go back to having 'todays posts'? Think people would miss less of whats being submitted to the forum that way.

The new layout is getting easier for me now and is really good, recommend people edit the way it looks and works for themselves. For example I wasn't keen on having so few posts per page, now changed it to having more, its much better for me.

PS lost my donator status. Happy to donate more to get it back!

What a great idea.... ;)

Can the search function be changed to allow searching for 3 letters and below. Makes life very difficult when searching for VR6, G60... you know, the 3 letter words rarely used on this forum.

It should be on "3 or more". I'll check. It does mean re-indexing the site though, which takes a few hours.

Something I need to do late at night so you don't all complain.. ;)

I've noticed the 'new posts' changed to 'Todays posts' and that was much better, shows lots of new posts listed. But now its gone back to 'new posts', you might only see a couple listed. Any chance we can go back to having 'todays posts'? Think people would miss less of whats being submitted to the forum that way.

The new layout is getting easier for me now and is really good, recommend people edit the way it looks and works for themselves. For example I wasn't keen on having so few posts per page, now changed it to having more, its much better for me.

Glad you're enjoying it - it is more powerful software than the previous one.

As for the New Posts / Today -- I haven't changed anything? Probably one of those 'settings' somewhere you've been playing with! :)

yeah would be good if i could see everything that got posted today? This forum isnt that big that it needs clearing all the time i dont think

I dont know if this has been covered all ready but How do you edit the thread tittle?

I want to change the tittle of my members thread but cant work out how to :scratch:

yeah would be good if i could see everything that got posted today? This forum isnt that big that it needs clearing all the time i dont think

On the Forum page, press Forum Actions, then General Settings, scroll down to Thread Display Options, pick the 'Default Thread Age Cut Off' one and select your required amount of time you want for threads to be shown. Job done as they say :thumbleft:.

On the Forum page, press Forum Actions, then General Settings, scroll down to Thread Display Options, pick the 'Default Thread Age Cut Off' one and select your required amount of time you want for threads to be shown. Job done as they say :thumbleft:.

legend!

was unsure about the new forum at first, but once you get to know your way around it is much better! well done CF admin!

Yup, what he said!

And cheers - I'm glad the faith is trickling through!

As for editing thread titles - it was set to 60 minutes, I've now changed it to infinite, so you should be ok to edit those now.