seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

It is mate. I enjoyed this sort of thing at one stage. I think I'm getting too old for it now though, my back is killing me!

I have thought about getting a machine polisher and all the kit but I would worry about messing it up , would be be nice to get some tips/lessons from an expert,

Would be nice not having to take it to the body shop to do it

Its definitely worth it Daren. I only have a cheap rotary (Silverline) which was about £50, but factor in polishes, pads etc it can get out of control! A DA is much safer but takes a little longer and doesn't give the level of finish as a rotary. That said, a rotary is perfectly safe as long as you exercise a bit of caution. There are some very in depth write ups on both on detailing world, so I'd give that a look if you're thinking about it mate. Its back breaking work though!

Once the initial outlay is out of the way, its not expensive as instead of using glazes all the time to "fill" swirls and scratches, you can cut them back so a good wax will offer enough filling to mask whats left.

Well, still using it daily which is taking the enjoyment out of driving it a bit, although noticing the tyres were at 46 psi so letting 10 out of each certainly improved the drive! She's plodding along like a trooper though and taking everything that's been thrown at her without so much as a hiccup so can't complain too much.

Still getting the odd bits and pieces for the Underside refurb too. Thought I'd stumbled on a gem from veedubmachine having both front brake splash Shields but alas, a partial refund was issued today as the left side isn't available. Unsurprisingly it's this side which is virtually non existent on my car so some work to track down one of them required.

New rear disks, pads, bearings, & abs rotors purchased too along with the RHS front splash Shields.

Just need wishbones, bushes front & rear, hubs, stub axles, CVs, and nuts and bolts now and I'll be ready to go. Moving back down to Plymouth in August and we've been allocated our house now which has a garage, which is definitely a Brucey bonus!

Oh, and fitted the bonnet pins and catch I got back from Ian (gloucesterox) which look amazing!

DSC_0099_zpstsdnpijs.jpg

Edited by seanl82

Hey sean, you commented on a thread the other day saying i shoulf get pictures up of mine despite it not being presentable. Got to say (without being rude) at the start of the post you bought a pup. What a terrible way to treat a car. Great to see people putting the effort in like you though. Mines in pretty good condition as is but still isnt as nice as i would like it and i will definitely be sinking far too much money into it much like you have in the past few years but thats not what these cars are about. buying it is the cheap part! No doubt we will probably cross paths at some point in the undoubtly sad way car enthusiasts do but the whole corrado scene seems to be a very pleasant other than some others. Great to be a part of it!

Hi Sean , I wonder if it would be a good idea to have the splash shields reproduced ? . I have both fronts , which could be used for a pattern .

Hi Michael, yep looking back now it really was a dog to begin with! On the up though and I'm not a million miles away from having a very good car indeed.

Rob, I've no idea how to go about it, or who to contact tbh. Not that I've got the time to over the next 6 weeks as I'm at sea most of it mate.

Really good of you to offer though mate. :thumbleft:

I asked at heritage. They said they'd look into it and let me know. ... 8 months on and nothing unfortunately, so I hope you can find someone

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Impressive. Any chance you could get it on the front deck behind

No not my ship, it's not really anyone's anymore. It's the Illustrious, and it's being towed to Turkey to be cut up for scrap metal soon.

B#$##rd British government. No further comment. ..

The Lusty is 40 odd years old tbf, although it's been out of service for a few years already and the Queen Elizabeth isn't due to come into service for more than a year yet. No carriers at all throughout that time. It's the nice new state of the art type 45 destroyers in the background you want to be ashamed about. Barely able to go to sea due to constant propulsion defects, so 2 of them tied up for the foreseeable future as the MOD doesn't have the manpower OR budget to send them to sea.

Typical government mess . How about a fire service mobilised by a French control system that continually fails, turns out the wrong appliances, doesn't turn out appliances or just shuts down.. At least they look good

Pushing on with gathering parts for the underside refurb. Nice little box arrived today.

DSC_0166_zpss1r8mmzk.jpg

Got a few other bits too like various brake pipe clips, hose clips and fittings, heatshield clips etc as well. Just track rods which I forgot about, CV joints, the elusive front left brake shield, brake pipes and some nuts and bolts and I'll be there. Oh, and to actually get the bits powdercoated. Not sure if I should powdercoat them or just paint them though............ :scratch:

Looking good. This is one of the jobs I need to do with mine. Did you get the arms direct from VW?