KIPVW

Stanford Hall 5 May, 50 Car CCGB Display. Full to the Brim :)

I've checked the date and I'm good to go mate, will you be taking anyone up with you?

I have re-registered to the CCGB, awaiting a confirmation e-mail so I can stick my name down. Car is in the bodyshop tomorrow to get some things (hopfully) fixed in time... MOT next weekend too so fingers crossed it all goes to plan. You can also stick mine out of the way as it ain't looking pretty at the moment!

Just noticed it starts at 8am... do most arrive earlier? :gag:

Nick

Na you need to be on the stand before 10 am really as if you arrive after that they probably won't let you on due to general public.

Ideally you should also be expected to stay untill 4pm too.

Thanks.

Thanks for clearing that up, if all goes to plan then it'd be nice to put some faces to names. I see davidwort is making an appearance - I owe him about a million beers!

I`m going but got no corrado...!!!! just my mk2 but i`ll pop over and catch up

I'm in now! Couldn't bear to miss out!

Rams, Craig, I guess you'll be heading up the A34 so could I meet you at Chieveley svcs just north of Newbury? Be nice to be part of a convoy and I haven't seen a thread for a convoy from the south. Having said that, it might not be one of my best ideas! I won't be able to keep up with you 2...!!

Edited by scarlet_vr6

Fay - and there is me thinking - No, I would so love to go to BTCC at Thruxton.

Choices Choices heh ? !!

It was a tough one, Wendy! I go to Thruxton each year with an old work friend and some of his mates but he's understanding and has known me plenty long enough to know about my Corrado obsession. I would have missed the show again had it not been the big display but this is a one-off I don't want to miss! There's always next year for Thruxton. I went to BTCC at Brands last year too, so may make that trip again this year!

Yes Fay, you cant resist lol!

Rams is game, dont think anyone else is coming up from bournemtouh/poole area?

I did mention to Rams about possibly camping the sat night but i know passes have to be ordered in the next few days so decision is needed quickly.

Otherwise an early start is not too bad as long as we make it before 10am.

but a convoy would be good, sensible speeds on the motorway though! Rams needs to get his interior finished first ;)

No, you're right, I couldn't keep away! No prob if you're going to camp but if not, then a convoy would be great. So much more fun with other Cs! I have a bit of work to do before the show I think, not least vacuuming the pepper from my driver's seat - still haven't done it!!

I'm Warwickshire so would be joining at M6 J2 or J3...? Admittedly not very far from then but happy to convoy all the same :)

Anyone going past knutsford on the M6 or the M56 on the day or travelling down from north wales.

Edited by VWVW

I'll be heading up from M25 J7 (Croydon) if anyone is heading up from that way

I'll be heading up from M25 J7 (Croydon) if anyone is heading up from that way

I'm going from St.Albans, M25, M1,

could meet up at Toddington services,

Anyone else?

I'm driving over from Sheffield that morning. Have a big night out before though so will likely be a mess that morning :)

What is the latest I can show up to make it on the stand?

I'm driving over from Sheffield that morning. Have a big night out before though so will likely be a mess that morning :)

What is the latest I can show up to make it on the stand?

Think you have to be in position on the stand by 10.00AM latest.

Ian.

Yep as Ian says, very strict due to health & safety issues with the general public once the show gets busy so unless you are going to be there in good time you'll struggle to get in as the Club Stand is right in the middle of the show this year.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

A few more places left so if anyone is interested PM me and if you are a current member i'll sort you a pass.

New members are also welcome to join us once signed up to the club.

http://www.corradoclubgb.co.uk/ccgb16/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=89&Itemid=163

If you do so PM me on here now as time is getting short and i'll need to post the passes out soon.

Reading this, and with my own group's plans in mind, it sounds like we could field a convoy to define all convoys, to pull in all of us from the South journeying up to the venue. With a little coordination and planing, would be great way to kick off the first of two 25th birthday gatherings. For my own part we were looking at an early start from West Sussex Setting off at 6am to arrive at 8.30ish. If we were to set out a limited number of pick up points along the route where groups can gather and join the convoy, this could work well. Anyone of you up for this?

I will be travelling on A3-M25 John, so could meet somewhere on route