markTTC

Lupo GTi front wiper conversion - See Page 23!!! for update

I ordered the EXACT part numbers chris corrado posted and they fit like a charm, they're deffinalty 100% the right ones.

Ok, so many different part no's..

but could someone please tell the part no's I need as I want to order some new wipers !

these are the part numbers trust me get these!!!!!!

1x V6X2 998 406

1x V6X2 998 405

[/quote:66037]

Cheers guys... :D

i finally bit the bullet and ordered the lupo wipers even though i dont really like the look of them,but with the originals being pants,so in the interests of safety i bought some,will be picking them up tomorrow :?

i finally bit the bullet and ordered the lupo wipers even though i dont really like the look of them,but with the originals being pants,so in the interests of safety i bought some,will be picking them up tomorrow :?

Same here daz, myn are in 2mrw too... :wink:

Its the juddering accross the screen that anoys me most :x

finally bit the bullet and ordered the lupo wipers even though i dont really like the look of them,but with the originals being pants,so in the interests of safety i bought some,will be picking them up tomorrow

you wont regret it :) I had the same thoughts but now ive got em i think they look alright

Someone tell me if I'm being a numpty but the two part numbers:

1x V6X2 998 406

1x V6X2 998 405

These are comprised of the windscreen wiper arm and blade combined into one part for each side of the car?

So when i swap them i take off the old corrado wiper arm and bosch blade and will have the entire replacement unit?

hey

just did the Lupo wiper upgrade and they fit fine.

Now all I need is for it to rain!!!!!!!!!!! Had them on since sat and it hasnt rained in Leeds since!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I think they look cool as well!

Bring on the rain!!

will be fitting mine tomorrow..and i noticed vw are fitting the same wipers across the range or have the always done that?

will be fitting mine tomorrow..and i noticed vw are fitting the same wipers across the range or have the always done that?

Nope that's a recent thing... I noticed it last time I was in my local stealers handing over wodges of cash for engine bits and laughed to myself 'cos it looked like the Corrado owners had caught onto something before VAG had... 8) :lol:

Getting another drivers side one Friday to put on so I can mod the rear wiper A-La Kevhaywire's modification.... 8)

One thing ive noticed is that even though vw are putting the new wipers on the front of there cars now, there still using normal ones on the rear. this forum is the only place ive seen them on the back. 8)

After all the help with transferring the wipers from my local Wayside MK dealer to St Albans I got my wipers lastnite, best mod you could do, fitted them outside the showroom lastnite :lol:

Big thanks to the guys at VW :D

Defo worth getting!! :D

Used two 6X2 998 406. Didn't need passenger side blade 1J2 955 425A. They work. Grinding the original arms didn't - still juddered. I think they look neater than originals. :D

any suggestions to modernise the rear wiper...

cheers

yup, check THIS out... 8)

Ok chaps, I have just fitted my new wipers.

The part numbers I was advised to order from VW in Nottingham are

2x 6x2998406 Wiper arm and blade

1x 1J2955425A Driver side blade

The extra blade (1J2955425A) should replace the driver side and sits about 1 inch further down the arm therefore away from the top of the windscreen. You should now have a spare passenger side blade. They both fit and work perfectly so I've attached pics in the rest and top positions.

I hope this helps and perhaps minimizes the confusion.

BTW whilst I was at the stealers there was a NEW Golf in the showroom with these new style wipers fitted. Must be good!!!

Even better I got my discount for being a member of the Corrado Club.

Good stuff, I'm going to order that setup so I get the bigger wiper blade for the drivers side. Can you remember how much you paid 'daves16v'??

Ben

Ben,

The driver side blade is actually the same size as the passenger except it attaches to the arm about 1 inch further down the blade.

I paid £48.61with discount.

Cheers

Ok, I got the "other" set of part numbers - the slightly cheaper setup - by having the driver's arm-and-blade plus the passenger arm-and-blade packs.

They work great, really impressed - but the only drawback is the passenger arm doesn't have the angled offset at the base - so the arm pretty much sticks out straight from the spline nut and along the screen. Which *works* fine, but it's a little bit awkward getting them to sit off the screen with the bonnet down.

My set was 6X2 998 405 and 6X2 998 406.

It's cheaper by the cost of the extra blade, basically, which is around a tenner.

I couldn't get a discount due to the .... (I won't say, there's women and children listening!)