seanl82

What is your malfuntion Woman!!!

Shes only gone and ****ing done it again! Twice in the space of a few months. Filled her diesel car up with ****ing petrol!!!

I dont give a toss about the car, its another £60 worth of bloody fuel down the drain I'm ****ed off about!!!

Rant over.

Oh dear ! You need one of those recorded message hooked up to the fuel flap , every time it opens it says , do not fill with petrol!!!!

oopps...Thats not good. My wife's car is a T.D.I Audi and a run my VR daily, when i go and fuel the Audi i always remind myself its diesel, because every time i get in the fuel light is always on.(oh sorry i didn't have time to go to the garage). That old chest nut.

Just a thought here, is the diesel nozzle on the pump a different size so it will not fit into a petrol cars filler tube? thus telling the user there is something not right.

What has happened to the talking pumps as well? Should be standard if you ask me on a pump to remind the user what they are about to put in the tank.

We are after all human and humans will always make mistakes.:bonk:

My Mrs very nearly did this with her Polo the other day!

Almost but diesel in, not sure why, she's never had a diesel.

Luckily the pump nozzle didn't fit, as per Ray's point (on newer cars anyway).

Wife last night,"Couldn't fill up with fuel as I couldn't get the flap open"

"Okay" I say, "I'll have a quick look". Proceed to car, open fuel flap first time. "Seems to work fine"

Wife "Oh, the car needs to be unlocked to open the fuel flap?" :brickwall:

I feel your pain sir.

Wife last night,"Couldn't fill up with fuel as I couldn't get the flap open"

"Okay" I say, "I'll have a quick look". Proceed to car, open fuel flap first time. "Seems to work fine"

Wife "Oh, the car needs to be unlocked to open the fuel flap?" :brickwall:

I feel your pain sir.

:shrug: Yes. Relate to that my wife the only time she had to fill up, she could not find the lever pull in the car to open the flap, was fumbling about for nearly 10 mins and all the time getting more and more embarrassed.

finally got it open just push the flap inwards click and hey presto.

Bless her!:bonk:

Im sorry to laugh at your pain guys but this thread made me smile!!

Plus it makes me thankful my gf has a healthy degree of common sense......& drives a VR6 ;) lol

I persuaded my missus that Unicorns were alive and happily living in India the other week. She even started looking into flights and accommodation.

I had to come clean as she started telling people at her works that she was going on holiday to see the Unicorns! Figured she might get sectioned and lose her job LOL

I'm just waiting for my missus to do this. She scraped both sides of her car recently, on the same wall, on the same day! Thankfully it's only my old schitt box Rover 25, so care I do not :D

Im sorry to laugh at your pain guys but this thread made me smile!!

Plus it makes me thankful my gf has a healthy degree of common sense......& drives a VR6 ;) lol

Women with common sense? Where can these rare creatures be found?

I'm just waiting for my missus to do this. She scraped both sides of her car recently, on the same wall, on the same day! Thankfully it's only my old schitt box Rover 25, so care I do not :D

Women with common sense? Where can these rare creatures be found?

In india !! With the unicorns

• Like 1

LOL

Forgot to mention she also reversed her car into the garage wall last week, 2 days before trading in her Golf GT tdi against a new Leon FR and then the next day got a puncture (possibly her fault, who knows may have run over a Unicorn...)

I think women (sorry, SOME women before we're scalded by the female contingent for generalising) just attract bad luck when it comes to cars.

But whilst we've got a free pass to slag them off, what is it with women tailgaters these days? I often glance in the rear view during my commutes and see some Golf steaming up to my backside and I think, oh here we go, chav alert.... and it's a bloody woman!! Do they have some kind of attraction to rear ends, or do they love to huddle together in queues, don't they like being all alone on the road or something?! Truly odd creatures. If they didn't have somewhere warm and moist to stick my sausage, I wouldn't bother with them at all!! :D

I no longer leave the car in gear when parked since my wife managed to crash it into the garage. She often forgot to check its in gear or depresses the clutch when starting so managed to put our old Golf into the back of the garage wall.

Sean I feel your pain, Mrs C fill our diesel X trail with petrol and about a year later did the same with our diesel Scenic.... She drove the scenic to Truro and back (about 100 miles) and complained that it was 'missing' I didn't even bother check anything else, went straight for the fuel filler... Yep petrol, luckily it was a 50/50 mix so we got away with it.

Could be worse, about 10 years ago my mate was at sea and his mrs phoned me up and asked me to look at her car, it would not turn over, checked a few things and thought it was the started motor, at this point she tells me it hasn't worked since she topped up the screen wash, and then points to the oil filler cap.... Yep filled to the very top with water....lol...

I drained it out, filled it with new oil and turned it over with the plugs out, plugs back in and it ran fine... Lucky escape.

Rog.

could be worse, about 10 years ago my mate was at sea and his mrs phoned me up and asked me to look at her car, it would not turn over, checked a few things and thought it was the started motor, at this point she tells me it hasn't worked since she topped up the screen wash, and then points to the oil filler cap.... Yep filled to the very top with water....lol...

Rog.

lol

I've drained it all and changed the fuel filter again, but the only way to drain is to disconnect the pipe at the filter which is on the engine bay bulkhead, and keep priming it. Takes bloody ages and the battery was flat by the time I got to the red. Put 40 litres of diesel in, and a litre of 2 stroke oil for good measure, then stuck the battery on charge. I'll see if it fires up in the morning. Fingers crossed for second time lucky!

Just refuse her the right to ever put motion potion in a car ever again!

Then Ive got to pay for fuel every time, and shes the main driverand uses it for work!

Well its started and seems to be running ok. Engine management light is still on ut hopefully that'll clear after a good run.

hence why female cars are 'powered by fairydust!'

when I got the rado' I gave the wife my looked after lupo and sold her car so now the little lupo's her daily, put some hard work into that little beast, I honestly wish I had sold it and let her drive whatever she wanted.

its like watching your best mate getting beat up in the school playground! :bonk:

• Like 1

Ahhh this thread has cheered me up this morning & some classic quotes to boot :D

Thanks everyone!

ha ha!! well what a coincidence, i got home last night and proceeded to ask my lovely b/f " where is the button for the petrol cap on that bloody polo?" (after having sat on the petrol forecourt at morrisons for 10 minutes trying to figure out how i get the damn thing open!) his reply was to lol and say " read these" which i did, well what a giggle we had, and how silly do i now feel? lol, i also have to agree with what most of you are saying, ( Kevin i will come back to bite you in the ass later!) and i cant deny that i have turned the air extremely blue on many occasions whilst criticising those '....ing women drivers' i usually pride myself on my driving skills and common sense, believe me when i say that i have put a few of you guys to shame when im flooring my beautiful girl :dance: but i have to admit defeat and say that i have been completely baffled by a polo, and whilst im having a moment, i have to disagree with the saying that all hire cars are the fastest car in the world, they are not!! :scratch:

to all you decent lady drivers out there, go buy yourself a vr6 rado, listen to that beautiful noise as you put the pedal to the metal, you will never look back, honest!

this is to my fab b/f .... morning handsome, ha ha yup you were right, i just pushed it in and the cap opened, now is it diesel or unleaded????????!!!!!! lol :bonk:xxxxxx

Edited by emmib

I must admit, when I got my R32, the first refuel was like that as I had no idea where the petrol flap button was either! I don't know why car makers deemed that necessary. What was wrong with opening the flap with your hand?!?

What you all seem to forget is that this is a car forum where most people generally have a healthy interest in all things Cars. Believe me there are as many fella's exactly the same as the girls you mention above. A good few of my mates are really clever lads in fantastic jobs but would not know how to check their oil for example because they don't have to. I don't think this is a 'gender' specific' issue. Oops, sorry to be so serious for a mo, doh!

I must admit, when I got my R32, the first refuel was like that as I had no idea where the petrol flap button was either! I don't know why car makers deemed that necessary. What was wrong with opening the flap with your hand?!?

Haha I did the same with my mk4 when I first got it. I pulled up to the pump, got out and spent 5 mins trying to work it out. I even opened the boot looking for a manual release handle. This was in 2004 so well before the days of having a smartphone in your pocket to google it so I had to carry on home to find the user manual. I felt a right idiot.

I had the opposite when I got the mk6. I spent several minutes looking for a button inside the cabin until I realised you just push the flap in and it pops out again.

Edited by Portent

glad you men make mistakes too!!! lol, im driving a car i dont know because ive given my b/f my rado to drive for the week, whilst his is having an operation at the car hospital, thats my excuse anyway and im sticking to it ha ha :smug: