DriverVR6

Corrado Roof Trims - SOLD

Corrado Roof Trims

Pair of brand new Corrado Roof Trims.

Genuine VW and still in unopened packaging.

Will not split so the sale is for the pair.

Would rather not post to avoid damaging them, so collection preferred.

250 collected from West Mids.

List Date: 6/10/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Corrado Roof Trims

--------------------------------------

SOLD

browseformore.png

--------------------------------------

the-corrado-forum

7f5ed665-f182-4a99-a702-77916b4a59912.JPG

Mobile friendly version: Corrado Roof Trims

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

Edited by DriverVR6

Agree the price is not cheap but the seller can of course ask whatever they like for them. So probably best not to ruin a sellers thread. They will either sell or not. I was quite surprised when I got mine in 2011, before they were obsolete, quite how complex they are. I thought they would just be a strip of plastic but their manufacture looks quite involved.

the last time when they were still availible from the dealers , they were something like 90 each , I remember, because I bought one of the last sets

so extra 70 for brand new stuff which is obsolete now , dosnt look bad lads

Left: 535853705 01C

Right: 535853706 01C

From reading about these here and there, they only seem to last a few years. Not much of a return for a couple of hundred notes.

No intention of ruining a sellers thread , didn't mean to come across that way . Tomi £90 a side ?? I got mine a while back and I paid £120 at the most iirc .

I think they will last longer than that if you look after them and regularly clean and treat. I have my new ones 5 years and they are still immaculate. If you just put them in and forget about them they will degrade

I suppose it'll depend what your car is exposed to, lots of direct sunlight (not applicable in Glasgow), harsh winter mornings and not using a suitable cleaner will no doubt reduce their life span..

There's a couple of points that have been raised here and on "another" thread so I'll answer them.

1/ Before they became obsolete the dealers were selling them at around £90 each side, excluding VAT. So having an initial asking price of £250 is not unreasonable for an original new part which is now obsolete.

2/ ARZ are selling the left hand one for 79.75 EUR ex shipping costs. I don't know if they are genuine VAG or not. They don't have any right hand ones. Nor as far as I know does anyone else. They are obsolete.

3/ The roof trims have been discussed on other threads. I approached a couple of companies to try and make them. As they are a 4 piece construction none of the companies could come up with anything that came close at a reasonable cost.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=82715

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=82349

4/ The reason I prefer parts I sell to be collected is because I can only accept payment in cash, cheque or postal order as I do not have paypal. I have also gone out of my way to pack and weigh items only for the buyer to then not go ahead with the sale as the postage cost is too high.

5/ If someone on this forum had pm'ed me to ask if I would accept less, or if I would post them, then I would have said yes. Which is exactly what I have done with other stuff I have advertised on here.

6/ I have no issue with people on this forum commenting on sale threads if someone is selling a defective part, wrong part, incorrectly described part, etc. I do have an issue with people who start criticising the advertised selling price. It's happened a few times on here lately on other peoples advertisements.

7/ Someone sold a set on ebay for over £400. What something is worth is the price someone is willing to pay. So again, having an asking price of £250 is not unreasonable.

8/ These Roof Trims are now sold as I also had them advertised on another site.

Edited by DriverVR6

Fair enough , sold already that was quick , as i said, there was no intention to cause trouble . I was told i had one of the last sets back in 2011 from TPS. They must have shot up as i only paid £122.00 with the end caps .

Have these been sold??

Hope this helps

8/ These Roof Trims are now sold as I also had them advertised on another site.

My mate Galun from Poland did form me the right side out of the left. ;)

What he did he used the plasti ends out of the old right trim and put them in the place of the new left strip, once it is on the car you can not tell that it was touch.

So I bought 2 new left sides and had onle old right to convert it.

I will try to take some pictures later to show it.

What he did he used the plasti ends out of the old right trim and put them in the place of the new left strip, once it is on the car you can not tell that it was touch.

This will help. If you can also show measurements that will be useful.

This will help. If you can also show measurements that will be useful.

Are these not the ones on ebay, as I'm the current high bidder.

No noo :rolleyes::p :dance: