Dox

VR6 - where's he gone?

Shame, seemed like a good bloke and I always got a good laugh with his sometimes fairly blunt replies

Me too :)

Did vr6 get kicked off the team or did he leave? I completely agree with him on that thread, shame to see such a long time member leave because of 1 person trying to get round the rules

Am I missing something ? Not exactly a huge row was it ? . I can't see any reason to leave over that .Not that I'm putting anyone down or anything , just doesn't seem like a big deal .

It is a shame he was very understanding with me and I know how much of a pain I can be at time's, he had a good knowledge of the Corrado too.

It is a shame he was very understanding with me and I know how much of a pain I can be at time's, he had a good knowledge of the Corrado too.

Yep , helped me when I've had a few niggles with the car too

I don't really want to comment as it's difficult when threads like this come up. Tom was indeed a super guy on the forum, and indeed in real life. Met him once or twice at little forum get togethers over the year.

I think that thread, there's been some posts deleted. I remember it starting off pretty amiably and then saw that for some reason (and strangely out of character) that Tom had really laid into the user who'd posted the thread. In fact I remember being quite shocked as Tom was always pretty easy going. I signed out for a while and when I next logged on, he'd been demoted by Andi and that was the end of that. I honestly have no idea what conversation Andi and Tom had between them and why the outcome was what it was - I guess it's none of my / our business really.

Totally Jim but we still miss him not trying to get him re-instated I personally think it's nice that user's have noticed he hasn't been about ;)

I'd be quite happy for him to come back, but I suspect he'd had enough of things having sold his Corrado and moved onto other cars :(

Sorry to read this, what a shame after 12 years of putting so much time into the forum, I'd be grateful if someone could PM me Tom's email address if possible?

(Hope all's well with everyone BTW! :D)

Wow, a blast from the past /\ :)

Too much time spent on the rock did his brain in I think :lol:

He is genuinely a decent bloke. We all face various challenges in our lives as we get older and our priorities and interests change.

I've been over to the rock twice to see him and he came over to blighty a couple of times too. We had some brilliant laughs. He's an intelligent, intuitive and witty bloke. The indoor barbeque he did in his house (I kid you not) is one of my best memories of him :lol: And thanks to him, I ended up with a pig's snout grafted onto Kevin Bacon's face :lol:

Anyway, I wish him all the best in what ever he's up to these days.

Hiya Kev, yeah I still pop on here every so often for a peek even though I've not owned a Corrado for a few years, it's a great forum and testament to you lot that run it! And yeah you're right, things change and people move on, I just meant it's a shame if Tom left under negative circumstances if that was the case, he was always part of the furniture here having been on the admin team since the dawn of time.

Anyhow, I've been meaning to get in contact with him for a while but haven't got around to it, I've just managed to find his email address in my old email account though so will try to get hold of him with that :)

I could detect waning interest and more frustration from him (forum related, not sexual, lol) ever since he sold his Corrado, so I guess it was only a matter of time before he moved on!

It's been ages since I spoke to him, so if you track him down, nudge him to say hi to the old team and let us know how he's doing! :)

Yeah will do, I've sent him an email but it's an old address so I've no idea if it's still active.

Doesn't he have something to do with running the VR6OC forum or am I thinking of someone else?

You may be getting confused with VR6 pete who also come's on here

Yeah I don't think he's anything to do with the VR6OC, he does have his own luncheon meats forum though, maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Anyway I've managed to get in contact and all seems well with him, no great dramas regarding jacking it in on here, purely that life moves on. I did tell him that some of you were pining after him though which I expect will have made him feel all warm and fuzzy inside, even the Jailor has a heart :D

Yeah you're right clumpy, that's who I was thinking about!

I don't have much to do with luncheon meats these days I'm affraid :(