ChrisL

ChrisL's Classic Green Storm

I wasn't sure whether to do a thread on my new Corrado as I guess I won't be doing much especially in the way of modifications, in fact I wont be doing any modifications to it!

Well its a 1995 Corrado VR6 Storm in Classic Green (the car that got me hooked on Corrado's some 19 years ago now after seeing a friends neighbours brand new green storm back in 1995), the car is well known to many but dont think there has ever been a thread on it previously.

The car is completely standard in every way and is a credit to its long term owner the late Chris Gaskell and having only covered 46K miles it looks like it was only driven from the showroom yesterday.

To say I like the car is an understatement, it has service history and general history in ways I have never seen with a car before. Chris recorded every journey he made in the car from getting it in 1996 along with every fuel fill up and any fault he had along with the repair. I also amongst other stuff have all the 'Tech-know file' letters and write ups he did for the sprinter magazines, he was a true enthusiast.

Anyway some pictures:

photo1_zps9cf49de1.jpg

photo7_zpsfb261d5e.jpg

photo5_zps2f2f2e43.jpg

photo6_zps813bcde8.jpg

Hope you all like it!

Edited by ChrisL

Cripes! I didn't know Dave was looking to move this car on. Thrilled it's gone to another great home. Congratulations Chris!

Time warp Corrado.. Mr Gaskell was fastidious to say the least and I'm sure he would approve that you are its custodian..

That's a truly great Corrado you have there Chris, and I'm sure you'll look after it well. I also think it's a sound investment as I reckon Corrado's will go up in value over the next could of years, the more original the better.

Lovely Car Chris you are the man to look after a car as original as this "Concourse Calling"....

Wow that is perfect! Never seen those mudflaps before either

Enjoy it :)

They don't come much better than that . I never had the pleasure of meeting Mr Gaskell , although he helped me out a lot with my car through the forum . Congrats on the car , what stunner .

Made up you've found the car for you and it's still a Corrado. :)

It's gone to probably the best home it could.

As for not needing to touch it……. How long before it's pulled apart and made even cleaner?

Thanks everyone, it wasn't for sale but I was persistant and it paid off!!

The tricky thing is what to do with the underneath, the car is unbelievably clean and I dont want to take away the originality of the car. I'm going to have a good think before winter and decide the best way forward.

The tricky thing is what to do with the underneath, the car is unbelievably clean and I dont want to take away the originality of the car. I'm going to have a good think before winter and decide the best way forward.

Nice one Chris... Chris g will be happy it's in the right hands.

It's great news you're still in the fold with another Corrado! Did you and Dave do a swap or something? :)

As others have already said, Fantastic car and you're the perfect owner to keep it in that condition.

Well done mate.

A fantastic original Corrado. Superb.

The best thing to do with the underneath of the car is precisely nothing. If it ain't broke then don't try to fix it.

The Storm is with its rightful owner, not an easy decision to sell what is possibly the best in the country but I was won over by the standard of work on the blackberry, your dedication and enthusiasm. I very much look forward to seeing this car go on to concours winner and then superclass winner.

......no pressure Chris!!