ross k

vinnie the blackberry vr6,full electric recaros full stainless exhaust and amg pentas

well guys i finally brought myself a vr6 paid 2750 for it with 12 months mot this is the advert

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/volkswagen/corrado/volkswagen-corrado-vr6-------------------1994/2714529

drove the car back from birmingham to kent today it ran very well running cool temps all of the way but they got rather high in traffic around 100 and edging slightly over at times .however there are problems as usual

the speedo doesnt work at all

the mfa says im doing 4mpg when its not

central locking doesnt work from driver side

and the exhaust is so loud my ears are still ringing

also the amg penta alloys are great but are fitted with adaptors i got home to find one of the wheel nuts had fallen out due to the thread being knackerd so feel i have had a lucky escape and the adaptors have to go

the plus side

the recaros are lovely ,the car runs well, the paintworks very tidy and also my favourite colour, it has full vw service history up to 166,000 including a full top end rebuild recipt from 2008 for £1700

heres a couple of pics will get more tommorow hope you like any advice would be great

10653376_10204038095209176_6347137095950960052_n.jpg

1506957_10204038095609186_489512823295186055_n.jpg

Look's tidy get rid of the wheel's they don't do alot for the car being honest and you seem to have a enough to keep you busy for a bit keep us updated. :thumbleft:

cheers guys also the aux water pump is very noisy it comes on as it should but sounds overly unhealthy are they normally load or is it on the way out ?

think this was on the forum a while back but with some different alloys - ref the last pic in the advert

Ah good to see you found one mate, I remember seeing this on eBay, another guy, Carl on here was going to look at it a couple of weeks ago, not sure if he did or not in the end.

Looks like a pretty fair price!

The adapters are probably aluminium, people always over tighten them an knacker the threads, I only ever use steel adapters for that reason, yes they're a lot heavier but also a lot safer IMO

Problems don't sound to bad and shouldn't be too hard to sort out, I'm sure once you've spent some more time driving it you'll come to find more though lol

Well done :)

It probably was doing 4 to the gallon :) Looks nice..

I love that colour, I think it really suits the modified Corrado's. As usual there is always something to keep you busy on these cars and keep your wallet opening

Adam

cheers for the kind words guys yeh brought it from dogra the guy who runs all dubs. I quite like the wheels as winter wheels but i would need some steel adapters to run them and not sure i can be doing with all that so they will probablly be going

Nice car, seen it on Facebook a few times and I actually really like the wheels. Always going to be some niggles with old cars but it's better to have easy fixes!

right guys been working on the car all day and feeling a bit annoyed about it the coilovers look like cheap jom to me not ap coilovers as advertised the top mounts are knackered and theres a rust hole underneath the adaptors are knackered meaning i cant drive the car as i have no wheels and the sump has been cut shortened and welded back up and leaks like a sive !

on the plus side the aux water pump is fine after a water top up and ive made it higher so it can get in my drive

Never good to find a list of problems, most of what you've said is easily fixable, its just annoying you were told otherwise

That's not good but all fixable, just takes time money and patience. But once you've done it you know it's done right and it's another thing ticked off the list...

Adam

well update finally got the spares wheels on and took the car for a good run the temps stayed good and it pulls very well but it handles awful compared to my previous car i think i needs new top mounts as the steering also makes funny noises and when you bounce the car the suspension stays in the same place does my diagnosis sound about right ?

update been chipping away at the job sorted the central locking this evening typical corrado broken wire in the door and then sorted the interior light also raised the back a bit more so all in all succesful evening

if you don't like the exhaust, let me know if you sell, bet the sumps been shortened so it can be dropped on its ars@

i would sell the exhaust mate or do a deal for a quieter one its a full ashley stainless steel system cheers for the support guys and yeh it was dropped on its arse i like low cars but it was pretty undriveable

where are you based dude, drop me a pm, i have a miltek exhaust also stainless but if I'm honest id like to keep that as a spare

Im in kent i would be intrested in the miltek but it would be up to you this ones really good nick but very load

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

another update been an eventful few days went spent the day at good wood revival on friday had a fantastic day first time ive been and i hope to return next year more cars than i could ever imagine but sadly no corrados.Came back today and set about the corrado fitted two new front top mounts cleaned the coilovers up took the bumper of and realigned it fitted a spare splitter i had and put in a nice new air filter gonna give it a good clean tommorow and will get some pics up