MDMTechnik

VR6 Storm full restoration

I've just read the thread from the start. The work is utterly stunning.

I finally grasped the nettle this morning and wrote out a faults / to do list for my VR. It's a bit daunting but this thread has given me inspiration.

Thanks for sharing.

b67f2266f6386a60dab71568fc6bfbc9.jpg

714a0050bdb1de6bd872a4112f12995e.jpg

41890a5993c5b3bf30b2752d0fd49521.jpg

cd41c78a9d4a2c6ad559bed34676fc38.jpg

4de752e4cb60df1ec5ade1b3a6a1db43.jpg

Not much done really. Converting to OBD2 as well as making the wiring a lot more presentable which also includes a full wiring tuck and removing round electrical connectors on side of head. Hopefully only 2 connectors and all wiring for engine disconnected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you don't do things by half do you. Good idea hiding some of the wiring though, when I did the engine bay on my blackberry it looked great until the wiring was in place then it pretty much covered everything and it didn't look much different.

This absolutely sickens me!

I spend a ton of time and money sorting my engine bay to try and make it presentable, then things like this come along and absolutely blow me away an put me back down to my true level, a rank amateur! Absolutely incredible from start to finish. Hopefully some day I can reach this level. :thumbleft:

I spend a ton of time and money sorting my engine bay to try and make it presentable, then things like this come along and absolutely blow me away an put me back down to my true level, a rank amateur! Absolutely incredible from start to finish. Hopefully some day I can reach this level. :thumbleft:

Sean dont put yourself down youve done some pretty impressive things on your car too!

Hasan, thanks mate. It was said a little tongue in cheek, but it truly is on a different level and far beyond my capabilities - let alone budget to achieve. I'm happy with where I'm at with mine though. It won't be show quality but it'll be an extremely solid car when I'm through the next batch of work.

Don't mean to clutter this thread though sorry, as you were! :thumbleft:

Lol, I would never be able to do this without my business which includes garage space and tools. Only negative is I don't really have any spare time.

Oh for a garage like that . Epic build , hats off to you . I really must get mine sorted soon . I will have flat spots on the tyres soon .

Had a right result today, found Schrick inlet has already been adapted for OBD2 throttle body. Don't know if they are all like this, but made my day. So did a R36 Passat.

1f5f7f93c320a37dee360583ff736b56.jpg

2d91960baf05201ddc8ca0e4261f9bcc.jpg

This thread O.O

Your dedications into details and the work you have allready put to this. Just stunning.

New to these forums and this was first thread I read.

Keep up. Nearly finished :thumbleft:

Hi are the later spec front wings different by any chance ? I’m just in the middle of restoring a storm and it needs a n/s front wing ? Thanks

Hi are the later spec front wings different by any chance ? I’m just in the middle of restoring a storm and it needs a n/s front wing ? Thanks

Your storm will need a late wide arched wing

Cheers thankyou I really didn’t know they were different

The difference is subtle, its just the arch is wider on the wing by 10mm

Well its been 18 months since I touched the Corrado, that's all about to change though.

A little bit of motivation has seen me order a few new items which stopped my progress 18 months ago. I will let you know what they are as soon as they appear on my desk!

Really eager and keen to get this complete by spring.