VR-Sixy

How long have you owned your Corrado?

11 years now, although its now spent more time off the road than on it in my ownership, bought it with 62k on it and its still under 95k now - not bad for one of the oldest UK cars out there.

In my defence owning another 3 Corrados in the same period probably didn't help matters.

20 years now, pic from last weekend:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84041[/ATTACH]

Hmmm... shiny shiny shiny!! :)

Hmmm... shiny shiny shiny!! :)

and you can see every spec of pollen on it, who'd have a gloss black car!

and you can see every spec of pollen on it, who'd have a gloss black car!
And i thought Moonlight Blue Pearl Metallic was

a biatch to keep clean...... good luck with that!!

Just over 3 years for this one. Seems a very short time compared to some on here. Just goes to show that they're at the point of being weekend toys and true keepers now doesn't it. It wasn't long ago that people were buying them as they were a cheap "performance" car and used daily, but many underestimated the running and maintenance cost when you buy a car like this and at the lower end of the market, so having them for a very short time before selling on or breaking.

Just over 3 years for this one. Seems a very short time compared to some on here. Just goes to show that they're at the point of being weekend toys and true keepers now doesn't it. It wasn't long ago that people were buying them as they were a cheap "performance" car and used daily, but many underestimated the running and maintenance cost when you buy a car like this and at the lower end of the market, so having them for a very short time before selling on or breaking.

Run mine as a daily and my partner often moans about the running/maintenance costs (which aren't that high) so I point out her £1000 a year depreciation, to which she points out my 15 plate BMW motorcycle - touché.

This thread should have included how long owned, how many miles and how many breakdowns.

6 years, bought her with 35K on the clock and there's approx 90K on there now. It hasn't let me down any more than more modern cars to be honest, and most of the work is preventative or replacing the older bits and pieces.

Well if I had kept my last one it would have been nearly 15 yrs now !!

But I didn't so I'm a bit of a newbie with this one at 1.5 years :)

Coming up for 17 years for me, although its stuck in the garage at the moment as it wont start :-(

i have had the VR just over 7 years & have put approx 76K on it so far - it was my daily for the first 5 of those years but now shares its duties with the valver

the valver - i think i originally brought it early 2000 but it may have been the end of 1999. i had it for about 6 years IIRC but needed to sell it due to a promotion to external sales. i cant recall the mileage & unfortunately when i brought it back 2 years ago all of the lovely history i sold it with had been lost. such a pity i didnt just keep it but at the time i had nowhere to put it

i now tend to share the daily commute between the 2 :)

16 years in September and 80,000 miles. It's been our third car for a while now though getting gradually rebuilt. Owned a valver the five years before that too.

Since 2003 G60 8v, G60 turbo 8v, 2.0 turbo 16v, 2.0 G60-16v now it remains turbo 16v+nitrous added. Toyed a bit with the the intention of going the VR turbo route but in Italy, it can't be done..

Been sitting since '10 but i don't care, i'll never get rid of her.

Great to see so many long termers, if it were not for my Mk2 Golf I would have been answering 7 or 8 years. Mk2 Golf now stands at 15 years and I would never sell it, however a Corrado engine and Corrado Recaro seats live on within it.

Loving that for a first ever post on here mthg60!!

My current one since last October. But it all started way back in 2003.

Fraser