Geeba

Rescued White VR!

I posted it at over 10kg and weighed it on return as 6kg, the weight is machined mostly from the outer edges for less inertia

Cheers Dox, you're a champ!

No problems with stalling etc? - I'm hopefully getting the whole lot balanced and lightened - Crank -> flywheel -> Clutch...

Cheers Dox, you're a champ!

No problems with stalling etc? - I'm hopefully getting the whole lot balanced and lightened - Crank -> flywheel -> Clutch...

It's still in the packaging lol

It's still in the packaging lol

LOL! :D

My car is currently in a thousand bits in the garage... I'm just painting the sump ;)

Anyone run vibra-technics engine mounts? or do other items such as R32 ones fit?

Wondering if its worth uprating them, but don't want to shake the windscreen out...

Anyone run vibra-technics engine mounts? or do other items such as R32 ones fit?

Wondering if its worth uprating them, but don't want to shake the windscreen out...

morning

on the VR i run a VT mount on the front engine mount, not sure which one though but think not the race version

i put OE mounts on the rear engine mounts & both g/b mounts as IIRC VT's can make it too stiff & cause cabin noise (im pretty sure i read that info on here at some point but was a long time ago)

AFIK the only R32 bushes recommended on here are for the front wishbone bushes, other running gear bushes are better on OE

Morning GF - much appreciated, I think I'll head down a similar path ;) - really dont want to compromise cabin comfort, to old for that nowa days! lol

Jay Renshaw did a group buy for polly mounts several years ago, I bet there's a few sets around unused? Try a wanted ad?

I have VT mounts and they're actually cheaper than OE ones! I have competition front and fast Road rear. I did have fast Road GB too but swapped it back to standard as although I didn't feel any vibration, I could hear the gearbox whine which I didn't like

More questions!

Anyone know what brand would of been the OEM Main and Big end bearing supplier?

Installation guide on p15. Can anyone upload the pics, due to the photobucket issue? Thanks

I'm hoping so as I've a front one bought from someone a while back and I'd quite like to know how it goes together:)

Installation guide on p15. Can anyone upload the pics, due to the photobucket issue? Thanks

I tried to copy and paste and the *******s still won't allow them to load.

I suppose the only thing to do is message 24vrenshaw and see if he still has the pics or can download them from PB?

I have a set so will need pics as and when I use them

Just thought I'd do a quick update on the build... not much to report really..

Bits have come back from powder coating - chap did a pretty good job

I've spent ages flatting down and wet painting ball joints and track rod ends - they all come as bare steel which I'm not keen on.

I've also pressed the bearing, hubs and R32 bushes.

I wet painted the hubs as I didn't really want a shot-blaster knocking layers off the bearing seat, so a days soaking in hydrochloric acid otherwise know as path and patio cleaner and they were back to bare metal before a few good coats of Eastwood extreme chassis black. came up really nice.

Just look at that magnificent engine! - no not the F40 one! the VR6 in boxes below it! lol

Thats going off this week along with the head to have all the bits done, my next job is cleaning and getting the engine bay ready. - the aircon has gone... how they can ever of called that an option is beyond me... it definitely doesn't pass my OCD fitting standards, if things are there they have to look right as well as work ;)

Edited by Geeba

Nice work Giles.

The airco was never a dealer option in the uk... had mine fitted by a Porsche dealer. And as you say the install isn't great.

I can't see the pics?

Bugga

I was using Google photos again...

Anyone got a hosting recommendation?

Adrian could you see them?