Geeba

Rescued White VR!

Well I have a miss-fire, some backfires and a VR6 that is really trying to fire! but maybe on 2 cylinders only :(

I bled the fuel system again and a lot of air came out... and the fuel preasure regulator had completely siezed in the fuel rail... after eventually getting it out I could see some rust build up inside the rail... I wiped off what I could, but I'm wondering if the same fate has fallen to the injectors too. the FPR looks pretty mangled like it had been rogered in before... and sure enough I had to use P-Grips to get it back in... I dont remember them being that tight?

I now need it not to rain and work to go quiet..... do I risk putting the orginal ECU back on?

Clean the crank sensor - both ends.

Clean coil pack connector, make sure all leads are secure both ends.

You're getting there

Gents!

I'm the proud owner of a VR5! - She runs... sorta! atleast 4 of the cylinders are operational and it sounds like number 5 kicked in before the petrol ran out.. LOL!

Top tips Dox! thank you.. I'm hoping to get back out in a bit.

What I've picked up on so far:-

The radiator leaks like a siv... to be expected, heater matirx is getting hot/blows warm air and there appears to be no leaks into the car... bottom hoze is staying soft thou... which I'm thinking will be the thermostat? looks an absolute swine to replace too :(

Nasty vibrations through the car when you rev it.. added by the miss-fire or worn mounts?

Dash is continuously flashing on and off to the point it resets.

The hazzard switch is broken and keeps coming on, not 100% sure on the MFA switch ether so two new storks, which may help on the electrical gremlins?

Not convinced on the nasty leads I bought from Euro car parts ether... so next stop after Dox's tips is a decent set of leads.

Now its dry.. would you lob an injector cleaner in the tank or are they a waste of cash? I guess ether new or sonic cleaning is the way....

Other than that... chuffed to bits! :D

Fuel cleaners will remove deposits from the tank and fuel lines and send them through the injectors. A few gallons of premium fuel is all I'd give it then change the fuel filter once the cars is firing on all cylinders - catch the crud in the filter.

Really pleased for you :)

Cheers Dox - I'm like a cheshire cat at the moment!

So I need to get a rad and thermostat ordered up... maybe a FPR too as I'm not keen on how its hanging together at present...

160d470581bac2e28d1177d24817a08d.jpg

Worth checking the leads are correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Dox - I'm like a cheshire cat at the moment!

So I need to get a rad and thermostat ordered up... maybe a FPR too as I'm not keen on how its hanging together at present...

FPR, rail and injectors don't fetch big money, so maybe worth buying used once you've run a few gallons through it?

160d470581bac2e28d1177d24817a08d.jpg

Worth checking the leads are correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOX YOU'RE A LEGEND!!

I had pot 5 and 1 the wrong way round! she is ROARING! all 6 pots!! :D

Fantastic fantastic news. Well done and great perseverance. This forum and advice is priceless

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I've been following this with anticipation for the past few weeks. I'm so pleased you have finally got her running. Good luck with the rest.

Excellent news :)

I may have a couple of injectors spare I'm happy to stick in the post for you for the cost of the postage? When I swapped to some refurbished ones I removed mine but some had become stuck in the inlet manifold (because of a badly executed powder coating process) and they sort of broke.. but I'm sure at least 3-4 of them came out unscathed.

Thanks again to everyone - I'm still walking around with a grin from ear to ear!

The info and tips from everyone has indeed been priceless and I'd of still been scratching my head without it, Lillfuzzer for posting the ECU without so much as asking for payment upfront, you rarely get trust like that these days, it's greatly appreciated.

Now the hard work begins! ;) gearbox, brakes, suspension, interior...........

I might be heading to the pub tonight!

Well done to you for listening and trying out stuff, so many times people ask advice and go on to ignore what could be a free or cheap fix because money solves everything?

It's all here for posterity, on Facebook it would be gone tomorrow....

I'm emotional ;)

me too, so nice to read this morning that is is running on all pots!

well done Dox & everyone for helping not only diagnose but also fix the running

Geeba - well persevered m8! reaping the rewards of hard work & the sound of the 12v VR6 is a cracker :D

Excellent news :)

I may have a couple of injectors spare I'm happy to stick in the post for you for the cost of the postage? When I swapped to some refurbished ones I removed mine but some had become stuck in the inlet manifold (because of a badly executed powder coating process) and they sort of broke.. but I'm sure at least 3-4 of them came out unscathed.

Cheers Jim - sorry for the slow reply, might of had one too many celebration beers last night, which I'm now trying to fend of with alkaseltsa :(

Wont you need these for you next Corrado project? :D and she is running smoothly now.

ha ha that is THE question of the month lol ;)

;)

Out of interest has anyone bought a radiator from Euro car parts? - they're a lot cheaper than most places, but I don't want to buy a rubbish one of course...

;)

Out of interest has anyone bought a radiator from Euro car parts? - they're a lot cheaper than most places, but I don't want to buy a rubbish one of course...

These people have supplied Hella ones in the past that people have been impressed with, should be a straight swop: http://www.radiatorshop.net/products/volkswagen-corrado-29-i--vr6

Ian.

wowser... big price difference... £116 + VAT

sounds about right & kind of lin line with the VW prices before they stopped stocking them