robrado974

TPS , now traders only .

I'm aware from posts on the forum in the past , that some branches have always been a bit funny with non trade people . But friendly staff have always let it go in most branches. I rang today to get a ABS sensor and was told no, that I can't be served anymore. Apparently their new policy came in to affect in November/December last year. Bit of a bummer I've been going to my local branch for years now . My friendly mechanic will have to order my parts now .

Had the same issues here before, there is a branch literally 5 mins from my work, 10 mins from the house and they just won't serve me. Then, if I drive to the other side of the city there is a branch that will(used to anyway). I wonder if the forum could set up a trade account with them that anyone in the country could use? Would be very handy :)

I stopped going to TPS when they just wouldn't give any discount. Prices were literally exactly the same as dealer prices, and the dealer would give me 10% discount so cheaper there anyway!

My local branch has always been a bit hit and miss with serving the public. Some weekes it's ok, other weeks it isn't. Would it be possible to setup an account for the forum does anyone know?

My local one is useless, the staff are rude, never want to help you out, and even though im in the trade and run a business which could do with them as the deliver, I just won't use them as it always feels like a battle with them to get a good price. I even do half the work for them as I run etka, I price all my own parts and literally just such them a part number to give me a quote on.

So I just use the dealer still as luckily I have good friends there and I generally get parts at cost plus a small percentage so it's a good trade price.

Not sure if tps woukd entertain a club account, we have one though anither club I run and some people still had trouble getting served in my local branch

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I have to chip in and say my local TPS are great which I used just a couple of weeks back, they even gave me a free hat emblazoned with a TPS badge on the front, mind you I have become friendly with one of their staff. On the whole they are a very helpful bunch and I'd be disappointed if they stopped selling to the man on the street.

Ditto. Those guys and girls are great

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Went to tps in Slough some years back. Wouldn't give any discount and generally unhelpful. Might be different now, don't know..Anyway I've not been back since.

Slough, now there's a place I haven't been to in years Hasan . I presume your close to Hayes , Hillingdon ,Uxbridge and the like .

Indeed i am! How do you know the area? I'm in Northwood.In fact the vw dealer in bushey used to be great and gave me good discounts until they converted it to a skoda showroom and all the vw guys were moved on :(

I spent much of my childhood in Hayes and around that area . My nan had a flat in Avondale drive. I haven't been back in a long while , untill I went to pick up someone from Heathrow last year . I only had time for a quick look around the old place .