Goldie

Facebook vs Forum

I don't know if this has been mentioned on here but clearly the forum is not the place it used to be. The majority of Corrado type reading is now on Facebook etc which has its merits. You can get more live feedback from people, it is easy to upload pictures etc.

However there are no build threads anymore, you cannot do that easily on a facebook page. A lot of the pleasure i get from this community is following how people have developed their car and also being able to have a 'diary' of my own car.

Does anyone else feel this may end up going full circle and eventually we may all return to posting on here.

Iv just started coming on a bit again and agree the build threads are better here and the nicer cars seem to be on here too

I still update my thread to keep a diary of it all ! Most of the pics have gone from it god knows why which is dissapointing

Face book is good for quick access and quick replys though

Cant stand Facebook... way to many pictures of peoples dinners, beds, pets, and generally people airing their dirty washing and political views... none of which I give a t0ss about.

Forum for me. ;)

Cant stand Facebook... way to many pictures of peoples dinners, beds, pets, and generally people airing their dirty washing and political views... none of which I give a t0ss about.

Forum for me. ;)

Never used face book.... forum all the way for me too....

I think photo bucket pretty much single handedly ruined forums. All the info, all the projects gone in 1 swoop. I think it will take a long time for people to pick forums up again but eventually it will come back.

Facebook is good for sharing photo's but there's so much crap that once you've seen it, it's gone forever. You can't just search for that thread about overheating or poor idle, or even members threads.

I do try to keep mine updated but barely manage to do anything on it these days!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I’m on both but rarely ever post on Facebook, although I have bought a few things:lol:

I far prefer on here but it’s definitely quieter than it used to be but I’m hoping that it does go full circle as you’ve said.......no matter, I’ll be here anyway:)

never used Facebook either - don't trust it at all and never will (part of big brother watching you)

as mentioned above just seems to be full of bull s@@t and people abusing other people

Forums all day long although big brother may still be watching you!!

I don't have Facebook and don't need it. Forum all the way

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Don't use facebook and still come on here a couple of times a day. I did sway to Instagram and find that quite good as a build thread. No posting of personal stuff, just updates on my Golf.

I don’t use Facebook although sometimes feel I should as probably missing out on info / news on meets and shows etc

Would much rather use this forum though

This forum's become a lot quieter over recent years, it's a bit of a ghost town compared to its hey day.

I suppose it was bound to happen, people sell up and move on or their car gets sent to the scrapper..

It's a real shame that all the pictures from the old threads disappeared when the forum moved over to a new server.

There were some very useful mechanical tips and members build threads which I bookmarked, are now just all text.

I don’t use Facebook although sometimes feel I should as probably missing out on info / news on meets and shows etc

Would much rather use this forum though

This ......:thumb right:

I didn't know there was corrado content on Facebook, I may need to sign up :(

I’m on both but rarely ever post on Facebook, although I have bought a few things:lol:

I far prefer on here but it’s definitely quieter than it used to be but I’m hoping that it does go full circle as you’ve said.......no matter, I’ll be here anyway:)

This. :thumbleft:

After all what FB has done with everyone’s data and your privacy you can stick it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I joined FB years ago to keep up with friends I met travelling... I left it years ago as well as it just got worse the more people that joined it... like I said earlier people posting their dinner! get a life!

I've recently re-enabled my account after being talked into it by a couple of friends... I've looked a few time and its still the same old cr@p just with more advertising.

I'm already getting the hump with the emails I receive prompting me to log in and see my best friends new message... probably about what they're having for tea.... or their dog parking it's breakfast somewhere new... joy

I hope more people will head back to the forums once they realise how bad it is... and I'm a geek! - or is it just grumpy? Hmmmm

Edited by Geeba
typo

I joined FB years ago to keep up with friends I met travelling... I left it years ago as well as it just got worse the more people that joined it... like I said earlier people posting their dinner! get a life!

I've recently re-enabled my account after being talked into it by a couple of friends... I've looked a few time and its still the same old cr@p just with more advertising.

I'm already getting the hump with the emails I receive prompting me to log in and see my best friends new message... probably about what they're having for tea.... or their dog parking it's breakfast somewhere new... joy

I hope more people will head back to the forums once they realise how bad it is... and I'm a geek! - or is it just grumpy? Hmmmm

Both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still personally prefer the forum, lots of archived details to find info about, great projects but as swiftkid said, bloody Photobucket have screwed things up! Not just CF but others as Ive often followed a link via google and found a project to be unreadable due to the images being "lost".

I've go links to many facebook groups but mostly see the same topics over and over. Good way to see new projects and maybe find out about local events.

I do remember CF doing something similar to facebook with a "posts" page, not sure if it still does but I never got into it.

Funny enough I do recently see myself coming on here more often recently (still not as frequently) but not sure if its just me or how facebook and social media is

I personally much prefer Facebook.

Only kidding! :lol:

Forum is far better in my opinion. Unfortunately it is very slow these days, I only usually log in once a week now to catch up on the various threads.

It would be awesome if the forum became active again, the ability to build a thread of the progress and jobs on your own car which you definitely can't do in any coherent manner.

I'm looking forward to the day when Facebook isn't a thing anymore. It's useful for organising events and keeping in touch with people but generally it's too full of advertising, people adding you as a friend when you've met them once, and ****ing meme's!

I think what we should be discussing is what's needed to ensure the future of the forum is bright.

Although Facebook corrado groups are more active, they lack the proper technical chat and what i prefer about forums. Facebook seems to be mainly people posting that they want stuff but on the cheap. Or just constant Internet diagnostics of misfires or non starts

It's an interesting discussion, one that the CCGB committee have had numerous times without a huge amount of success.

Personally, I feel there are a couple of key changes that have happened.

Firstly, a lot of the main guys who would regularely update projects or do major mods to their cars have simply moved on to other things. Leaving people (myself included) who don't really do things that often but instead do a couple of jobs on the car a year. This means the constant tick over of information on the forum slows down/stops so people stop visiting as often.

Secondly, there isn't the banter and off topic threads like there used to be. Whether that is because people don't know each other as well as we used to or that you can get that from facebook now I'm unsure. Some of the real forum characters no longer visit that often either.

Thirdly, The number of cars have diminished. The reality is there has been a drop in the number of rado's still on the road, and those that are tend to now be weekend cars rather than daily drivers needing constant maintenance etc.

I'm not sure what the answer is either. More Ham & Cheese? Be interesting to hear people's thoughts on the matter

I far prefer the forums over FB. I just don't use FB for anything. I used to be quite a prolific poster here but I only occasionally pop in now. I still have the Corrado but life has been insanely busy the last few years and I simply don't have the time to go to shows or other meets much. So my activity on the forum has also slowed.

Another vote for the forum, I got utterly bored of FB.

FB was good at first, but then became full of people that feel the need to constantly tell the world how great their lives are... yawn!

I love reading some of the old build threads on the forum, just a shame that so many photos appear to have been lost.

(Marmite / Facebook)

You either love it or hate it.

For me personally I'm not a huge fan of Marmite :gag:

It's this Forum all the way.

Si

This forum is better than Facebook, but l can not load photos on here (not computer literate)

Am selling my Corrado but not interested (not putting on eBay to much like hard work),if l could put photos on here l think it will sell as it is in excellent condition