Been on Facebook some members are concerned that the forum is slowly dieing.

I have now sold my corrado but will keep looking at this forum.

So post anything about anything don’t matter what it is.to see if can be more active

This is my post.Have sold the corrado,

Mark has got a very clean 25 year old corrado

It is a concern at the moment. Very quiet, which is a shame because it’s a great place for all the knowledge, questions and everything else you need to know.

I was on Mustang UK forum when I had my S550 GT a couple of years back and unfortunatley it became to this fate. Facebook killed it . Personally I do not ever plan on joining facebook .

Edited by Keyo

Facebook and Photobucket haven’t helped for sure, it seems a lot of car forums are sadly going the same way, times change

I’m not keen on Facebook either:(

This site does not need to die, just move forward better. The knowledge that is available to any Corrado owner is 2nd to none.For me, when tapatalk was working on this site I and others could post pictures and keep track of my own chats easier. It worked in a more colourful way and you didn't need to be clicking on a picture to open it up. Hopefully one day we will get this back... but we have had this want before.

Fingers crossed.

Don't like using Facebook really but it seems essential for sourcing stuff and asking for advice these days, however I always revert to here first, if Taptalk can get up and running again it might be saved but that's its only chance I fear

Like I said on the CCGB page earlier I dont have a problem getting on the forum, I like it as it’s always been on my phone or Mac . Tapatalk made it easy to post pics which was great. I haven’t been on here as long as some of you ( I joined in 2009), but long enough to see the difference between then and now . I like using the CCGB page and the forum, both are fantastic. I would love to see the forum as busy as it used be .

I look at Facebook and this forum,l think my corrado whoud have sold a lot quicker (and may have got more money)if l could post photos,This is why l put it Facebook.was on sale on here be got no reply.

Need to be able to post some photos.l post “what job do you do”and got a very good response.Did try this on the Opel Manta forum got nothing.

i dont do social media full stop, as far as i can see all it used for is abusing people. so facebook etc is a NO.

Then again iam just getting old (just turned 50)

I bounce around from social media to Forums, I noticed that post on CCGB about things getting quieter. The market itself seems quieter and spares seem harder to come by which I guess is natural given the age now. I sold my Blackberry last year but currently trying to source another VR6 circa 5k, I've a potential one to view in next few weeks from a member on here but keen to keep my options open and find the best I can. I'll be hoping to keep it for some time and the knowledge on here is invaluable.

When Tapatalk stopped working,a lot of people stopped using the forum,

The Management did say it was going to fix it,but it’s been a long time now

I like this forum and do find it easy to post pictures using the inbuilt feature. Never used tapatalk myself but do use facebook. In fact I only using facebook for my hobbies - Cars, cycling and running -> I block all the annoying people posting pictures of their dinner or showing off the latest thing they bought on credit etc. :)

However there's only a handful of people on here regularly and it's been a sharp downturn since tapatalk disappeared. I only joined just over a year ago, pre-tapatalk death and it was far busier. Facebook is where it's at for chat but by the very nature of facebook threads are for the moment and gone tomorrow which is pretty useless for a car related forum. The forum is nicely organised into categories and it's easy to search for the old guides people have spent their time writing up (shame photobucket issues have lost all the pictures).

As the cars age and user base diminishes it's time for change and perhaps re-branding to broaden and incorporate other VAG cars, or a Karmann specific forum to keep the footfall or even join forces with CCGB where many of us are paying membership but no one uses that forum at all; at least there would be more money, resources and people to invest in it's future. Plus the CCGB forum is very tired looking, unlike this one.

Whatever happens the forum needs to integrate with Facebook somehow and the design and user experience needs to mimic it too, but with forum categorization and searching as that's how all these funky millennials communicate with each other.

Edited by pfnsht

On Facebook the is 6/7 different sites,when selling the corrado l was on all of them (bigger coverage)

Now l have sold the corrado have removed all but vw corrado uk.was getting so much junk but bigger coverage.

I guess it's all about the photos - FB just makes that part too easy. My problem with it is the lack of proper search and organisation and threading like you get on a real forum - but without being able to post images and attachments the forum will slowly die. Any newer owners don't seem to join up here and just gravitate to social media. It's also either linked to your personal account, or you need to set up a second one just for the groups.

I find there's also a lot of bad advice on there, and endless posts of pictures of alloys that are way too big for the car and parts being sold with scene tax added etc.

It's a shame really because having owned a MkII GTI, Audi Quattro and the VR, I've always found the various forums to be really helpful.

Yeah same here I have poor eye sight anyway and prefer using a laptop so take a picture with my iphone send it to my email and then download on my Laptop and save picture , press the photo button on here and choose file then press upload, piece of cake to be honest.

One thing I have found on here is all the parts I have asked if anyone has for sale not one person has even replied to the emails, so ended up sourcing else where.

Still after some door tilt handles if anyone has any for sale.

Edited by Keyo

Sorry I meant drivers seat tilt handle.

Corrado right side 867881634

Corrado left side 867881633

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96618[/ATTACH]

Cheers

Edited by Keyo

Facebook does indeed seem to have killed a lot of forums, despite the fact that Facebook is absolutely terrible for this kind of community.. pinned posts are a nightmare, people posting the same questions endlessly is a pain in the backside, etc etc. Forums are better in simply every way, so we can only hope that Toby does keep this place going for as long as possible.

Is there too much work for one person to look after it at the moment? Maybe we can get together and work out what relevant skills we might have and be in a position to help out?

Andi managed it for a long time when it was a lot busier than it is now. I think it's totally feasible for one person to run it.

I guess it's all about the photos - FB just makes that part too easy. My problem with it is the lack of proper search and organisation and threading like you get on a real forum - but without being able to post images and attachments the forum will slowly die. Any newer owners don't seem to join up here and just gravitate to social media. It's also either linked to your personal account, or you need to set up a second one just for the groups.

I find there's also a lot of bad advice on there, and endless posts of pictures of alloys that are way too big for the car and parts being sold with scene tax added etc.

It's a shame really because having owned a MkII GTI, Audi Quattro and the VR, I've always found the various forums to be really helpful.

Have seen some really poor advice on Facebook.Some people think that have a road wheel at a strange angle is really cool,looks like it has a bent axle

Agreed on the big wheels and mega drops - looks silly and can't be the right geometry for the wishbones etc.

Sorry I meant drivers seat tilt handle.

Corrado right side 867881634

Corrado left side 867881633

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96618[/ATTACH]

Cheers

Hello keyo

we are all hoarders now with corrado parts !! with regards to these parts i have a car here for parts and these are still attached and intact (i will have to confirm this) but how do you remove them without breaking them as they are plastic and almost 30 years old

Thanks you just pull them off I believe they are attached by a metal spring clup.

Cheers

Agree with much of what other posters have said. I havent used facebook in years and think this forum (along with the CCGB)is an excellent resource/community. However, it is definitely pretty quiet these days. I regularly look and aside from the odd parts request/sale there isn’t much happening. Then I think to myself that I dont post much these days either. A vicious circle! So, if anyone who has posted on this thread makes an effort to be more proactive then maybe we can generate aome footfall/energy?