Keyo

Black magic returns home

18 hours ago, MJA said:

August Bank Holiday weekend?

i can do the sunday 29th Aug as only working 10 till 12 but not the saturday as am working all day

No idea what I’ll be doing august bank holiday but I’ll try and make one 👍

1 hour ago, tonedef said:

No idea what I’ll be doing august bank holiday but I’ll try and make one 👍

Great I was thinking maybe an earlier meet too will be good. 

Im happy to come to the roads around east midlands if that helps

Cressa. Dox and Sean not to far away as well - 

Maybe in 2 or 3 weeks everyone . Need to get the cars out more . 

16 hours ago, Keyo said:

Great I was thinking maybe an earlier meet too will be good. 

Im happy to come to the roads around east midlands if that helps

Cressa. Dox and Sean not to far away as well - 

Maybe in 2 or 3 weeks everyone . Need to get the cars out more . 

I'll be there. Poorly leg permitting 👍

I'm not on Instagram,  so could you post a screenshot of yours😇

Hi mate if you lads are up for it will put a post up - do you lads want a drive over to Gilks - River Severn - I don't know east mids to well but up for anywhere greater Midlands- I will start a thread soon. 

Here are a few snippets. Picture on drive at my mates stubborn Robin before Gilks ha. % minutes later and the waxed car had crap all over her as the heavens opened on the motorway - byt the time we got there she looked dirty again so was no good for other photos . 

cd.png

cd1.png

cd2.png

cd3.jpg

Edited by Keyo

44 minutes ago, Nmdsec said:

I might be up for Gilks,never been before and only 2hrs from Bristol

Ok great I will start a thread - reckon in 2 weeks this Sunday - hopefully will be bright and sunny by then. 

42 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Ok great I will start a thread - reckon in 2 weeks this Sunday - hopefully will be bright and sunny by then. 

im working 10 till 12 that sunday so could do an early afternoon meet - though im not sure if the VR will be back in the paint shop by then but could always take the 16v or the cooper S

Lets leave it three weeks this Sunday then if its easier for everyone  ?? 

Beautiful evening in the Midlands so thought I would share a few pics after I cleaned them - low evening light is best for black paint . 

73FCE829-486C-45DE-81A4-28E259D3F4C9.jpeg

DF63BE90-0781-4BBE-A87A-DF2B650136AB.jpeg

C39098F2-5464-43FE-B84E-3C1B565DCB18.jpeg

E902455C-C890-41BF-AFC7-0C78C090E06F.jpeg

4D9BB1E0-4C2E-4E3C-BF84-7FAED98571A8.jpeg

33922DEE-B86F-46A6-A360-AB30417F635B.jpeg

A86D4FE8-7E53-4103-9810-FD88152CC8C2.jpeg

D899A2C8-0CEA-4977-8D9A-59D424D6FE43.jpeg

148F82AF-ACC0-4F66-8250-98CE774FA077.jpeg

70F3D885-CF7B-4D20-AF59-047B0F5F4491.jpeg

82D351BE-06CB-4C26-8A64-F10211BFEAB9.jpeg

A719268F-45D0-40E0-8009-3CC473E24302.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

6 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Such a beautiful german family 👍

Thanks mate the 997 blocks in the classics as they are only replaceable with 2 or 3 years renovation blood sweat and tears - its very hard to get a well sorted rado as Im sure you are aware as owner himself that has got his car in top nick alike to other members on here 👍

Edited by Keyo

Those speedlines look fantastic! Slightly concave which i generally prefer to convex and perhaps an ideal combination of looks and comfort.  Really tempted to get a set to replace the tt comps on mine

34 minutes ago, fla said:

Those speedlines look fantastic! Slightly concave which i generally prefer to convex and perhaps an ideal combination of looks and comfort.  Really tempted to get a set to replace the tt comps on mine

Thanks Fla- I hace always wondered did Speedline sell these alloys to any other car manufactures or tuning houses. These Mim 16 speed;lines are closely related to them

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124119976668

Mate, you have the best combo! I'm LOVING that GTI! Also like Fla said, those wheels are wry nice and I do too lime concave over convex. For some reason, they didn't look that way but you can clearly see it with the picture from the rear. Cheers! 

3 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Mate, you have the best combo! I'm LOVING that GTI! Also like Fla said, those wheels are wry nice and I do too lime concave over convex. For some reason, they didn't look that way but you can clearly see it with the picture from the rear. Cheers! 

Thanks ABV- 

They are concaved I believe to allow the 4 pot AP callipers to be fitted that came as part of the VWMS race kit  for vento cars. 

Im not sure which kit it was but would of been one of these - it has the codes and type of alloy - may well of been the Honda kit. 

https://catalogue.apracing.com/59/#zoom=z

Good write here about Mark Yates who worked with Vince building the cars with the VWMS kits which included the alloys- also mentioned about him working at Gemini transmissions the VWMS gear boxes . 

https://www.onlyrevo.com/blog/mr-motorsport/

What I really like about the alloys is that VW Motorsport actually advertise them for a Corrado - so a great period OE manufacturer plus modification . Very rare alloy though as they cost more then a set of BBS RS new. 

Some cool picture here of the alloys on some MK3 track cars  and also special editions. 

Those wondering what one alloy cost 418 dem - so that is £200.00 per alloy back in 92 if you damaged one on the track. so with inflation would cost just under £1800.00 in todays money for bottom complete  set with  Dunlop sport tyres fitted. 

mk3.jpg

mk3 1.jpg

mk32.jpg

Edited by Keyo

19 minutes ago, paddy26 said:

Your corrado is amazing. Fantastic work. Every time I look I spot another rare part...

Nice one Paddy  👍

Final build sheet - had a bit of time today so thought why not . 

8EE5B400-BEC0-4246-BCAE-0483FB7EB646.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

Very nice - you'll make us all jealous. Forum rules state that you must put a price beside each item in order to further mankind's knowledge, and a total, which is likely more than the car 😉 😅

In fairness,  a lot of effort and attention to details and time spent tracking down all these items - it will definitely be a one of a kind.

43 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Very nice - you'll make us all jealous. Forum rules state that you must put a price beside each item in order to further mankind's knowledge, and a total, which is likely more than the car 😉 😅

In fairness,  a lot of effort and attention to details and time spent tracking down all these items - it will definitely be a one of a kind.

Thanks mate - the only thing missing I would say is the 288 mm brake upgarde but my stocks are in fantastic condition. 

Do 288 mm accommodate the stock speedline 15 alloys - what are the part number for 288 mm callipers as I believe mk5 and a3 had them . I think you lot use the MK4 callipers ?