Keyo

Black magic returns home

4 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Gross !

I really wanted those rear headrests... You can see them in the pic

6 minutes ago, Dox said:

I really wanted those rear headrests... You can see them in the pic

I had them in my H540 UGK valver back in 94 - try and get some now impossible - at the the time I didnt even realise they were anything special - would love a set now very handy the headrests to throw a dog loop hangers over them that houses the blanket  . I think people use to buy the front headrests and mod them in to the rear bench but they were different then stock rears- it was a £150 option and you could also get 60 / 40 spilt rear bench - the holy grail is recaro with 60 / 40 splits and rear headrests. 

Edited by Keyo

1 minute ago, Keyo said:

I had them in my H540 UGK valver back in 94 - try and get some now impossible - at the the time I didnt even realise they were anything special - would love a set now very handy the headrests to throw a dog loop hangers over them  . I think people use to buy the front headrests and mod them in to the rear bench but they were different then stock rears- it was a £150 option and you could also goet 60 / 40 spilt rear bench - the holy grail is recaro with 60 / 40 splits and rear headrests. 

The fronts fit, but in the rear they lean too far forward, clamped the top of each bar in a vice and slid a piece of tube over them and straightened them a little

Oooooo how pretty are they. What pads are you using? 

Although I would swap the bleed valve rubber covers for the stumpy black genuine ones 🙈

7 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Oooooo how pretty are they. What pads are you using? 

Although I would swap the bleed valve rubber covers for the stumpy black genuine ones 🙈

Thanks mate I’m going to use Brembo and same brand for disc. 

03F772ED-0738-4A11-A6C7-19C1F66CACBD.jpeg

AF972A98-0FB4-4D1C-942A-D51D1335C9ED.jpeg

Oh that's good to look real good mate! Everything brand new including hardware and quality parts. Fantastic and good for you! Cheers 

1 hour ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Oh that's good to look real good mate! Everything brand new including hardware and quality parts. Fantastic and good for you! Cheers 

Thanks ABV. 

Just the vwms box to be fittted

Brakes kit above

Zender side skirts . 

The project will be finished and car used only in fine weather and sorned in winter and garaged - hopefully the car will out live me now. Without bad luck on the road or salt I cant see why not. Been a 3 - 4 year project and huge cost but you can really see the money put into it compared to the G60 its like a new car. 

My stock 280 mm lucas calipers will be fitted to my Mk 16v and the goodridge stainless hoses which are on the VR at present. 

Edited by Keyo

Just now, 1xshaunx1 said:

They do look nice

You need to upgrade mate running nearly 400 bhp . Goldfinger has a good set up. 

1 hour ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Mine work just fine thank you. When is the bling being fitted 

Who knows mate Vince is flat all year but I imagine in the next 8 weeks or so. You can come out in it if you like and test it. 

Edited by Keyo

That's a good idea to "recycle" those calipers to the 16v, both cars will get a great upgrade! 

On 7/16/2021 at 6:34 PM, Keyo said:

You need to upgrade mate running nearly 400 bhp . Goldfinger has a good set up. 

lol thanks keyo

Bit of an update - colour coded zender skirts fitted and I’m delighted - box will be on shortly and 288 mm then all done ! 

Spoonfed spoiler has gone back to body shop as after the heat paint has sunk making a ripple effect in the light . 

4B6A7928-0A00-42D8-A729-C7483988A5F2.jpeg

8F0CA920-4D04-4DCB-8427-48B4CCC91156.jpeg

B53A2ABA-B397-432C-AB23-79AF8B82C428.jpeg

0982116A-C7D7-4694-AD80-59CCB4523715.jpeg

80AC60A1-C856-4ECB-A1D0-62BA1ACE3ABA.jpeg

F28BDC06-4F69-4757-BC90-46BAC5F08823.jpeg

76767C8D-5F14-4E84-8B8F-57035244CD96.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

Just now, 1xshaunx1 said:

Looks the nuts mate 

Thanks Shaun. Was a risk fitting them as tiger seal is a you know what to get off  but it worked for the best- all these shit body kits knocking about and Zender and Kamei got it spot on all them years back - fitment is excellent. 

Looking smart. 

I'm pleased to see the professionals use the same technique as me with tigerseal 😄 lol

20210619-211259.jpg 

looks fantastic - i assume with the skirts being zender the fitment was perfect

can i ask with the vsr what does the p stand for - pierburg??

6 minutes ago, ger040 said:

looks fantastic - i assume with the skirts being zender the fitment was perfect

can i ask with the vsr what does the p stand for - pierburg??

Hi Geri, 

Yes fitment was mm perfect to be honest and Indeed the P does stand for Pierburg the manufacturer VW commissioned to make the units - interestingly all the solenoids that come with a vsr are pierburg to and ready available still today. 

53 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Hi Geri, 

Yes fitment was mm perfect to be honest and Indeed the P does stand for Pierburg the manufacturer VW commissioned to make the units - interestingly all the solenoids that come with a vsr are pierburg to and ready available still today. 

Now thats rare something for a corrado that is readily available