Dox

Wheeler Dealers G60

Rear spoiler fix, Elvis used the forum to fix the speed activated spoiler (blue with white trace wire at the back of the stereo wrongly connected).

3f4752a6b3bcd9e92b85a5d8139aa505.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched last night, enjoyed the episode. Not sure the parts prices were realistic or the value used to "trade back" old knackered parts at £700 either. Entertainment none the less anyway.

For thirty years I’ve thought the supercharger worked a different way….

On 5/23/2023 at 6:08 AM, Dox said:

Rear spoiler fix, Elvis used the forum to fix the speed activated spoiler (blue with white trace wire at the back of the stereo wrongly connected).

3f4752a6b3bcd9e92b85a5d8139aa505.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great spot , annoyed that I missed it

Glad to see the g60 finally get the recognition it deserves

The prices for those parts?? wow

27 minutes ago, ger040 said:

Who on here sorted the spoiler fix for elvis??

Dated 2013 on the screen.... this site does hold great information 

3 minutes ago, Dox said:

No mention of the blue / white wire in the thread, I suspect John of JMR was the instigator of the fix?

A bit of TV hype that might send a few more members here?

I must admit i did not know about about that link to the car stereo via that wire

The corrado was tech advanced in its day !!!

Just now, ger040 said:

I must admit i did not know about about that link to the car stereo via that wire

The corrado was tech advanced in its day !!!

In Audis it was called Gala, the radio increased volume to disguise road speed (tyre) noise - it was probably an invention of the radio manufacturers than VAG group?

I enjoyed the episode but so much they skim over. It didn’t have the side strips when they bought it and obviously changed the exhaust at some point.

this forum is so valuable though, I use it loads and hope it’s never lost

Talked up the rarity of the parcel shelf, but not the fog lights !

Anyone notice, the VW place run by Lee, is the same place that car S.O.S. goes to

Yet another one of those Karmann interiors too, I wonder how he knew because it had a G60 badge???

3 hours ago, dragon green said:

Talked up the rarity of the parcel shelf, but not the fog lights !

Anyone notice, the VW place run by Lee, is the same place that car S.O.S. goes to

https://www.volksmagic.com/

I’m pretty sure they supplied wheeler dealers parts for their gti mk1 in the very first series?

On 5/27/2023 at 4:27 PM, Dox said:

In Audis it was called Gala, the radio increased volume to disguise road speed (tyre) noise - it was probably an invention of the radio manufacturers than VAG group?

The blue white wire has a three way joint and provides a speed signal to the dash. spoiler control module and optionally the stereo. If the unterminated one to the steroe gets grounded or hooked up to something else it will wreak havoc.  Usually the result of an aftermarket stereo being fitted, as the original harness would have had that wire tucked into the correct position in the radio ISO harness plug. I use the GALA feature all the time with my Gamma IV head unit - works a treat once you calibrate it.

Haha - just watching the first bit of the video - you can see the sterring wheel jump up and down as he hits a pothole - "severely compromised" indeed.

18 minutes ago, fendervg said:

The blue white wire has a three way joint and provides a speed signal to the dash. spoiler control module and optionally the stereo. If the unterminated one to the steroe gets grounded or hooked up to something else it will wreak havoc.  Usually the result of an aftermarket stereo being fitted, as the original harness would have had that wire tucked into the correct position in the radio ISO harness plug. I use the GALA feature all the time with my Gamma IV head unit - works a treat once you calibrate it.

One of the first things I did with my car was to remove the Sony screech / vibrate box - who needs one when you have the joy of narrow angle six?

Edited by Dox