CoxyLaad

Coxys R32 4 Motion Corrado - On the Road!!!!

no thems sh1tty 280s mate, the porsche ones are going on this week.

those were hoyed on just so i could move the car about.

Thought so, but thought VR6 ones were 288's ? :norty:

Them Prodrive Rims are lookin sweet too, they off a scooby or are they specific offset for a VAG car ?

late model mk3 vr's are 288 mate, all vr C's came with 280's :(

The wheels are off a p1 imprezza... but i've been wondering what the offset is as my scooby splits have got the tiniest amount of room between the back of the spokes and the bolt face :(

the sasquatch is correct scott, all corrado came equiped with shoddy 280s.

the P1 alloys are indeed direct from an impreza P1. they have an offset of something stupid like 52 or something, and the wrong sized center bore, so i had to do some severe machining on them to make them fit.

They do look good though even if i do say so myself, and they have the clearance for the big red 4 pots :)

in my opinion its borderline acceptable.

I have the mk3 vr6 syncro rear wishbones, and I am not running the car that low, so the camber doesnt look to bad. I wouldnt have it setup that aggressive if I had the choice, but look at the back of a TT, they run a canny bit of camber too, so i am just going to see how it goes.

I have the mk3 vr6 syncro rear wishbones, and I am not running the car that low, so the camber doesnt look to bad. I wouldnt have it setup that aggressive if I had the choice, but look at the back of a TT, they run a canny bit of camber too, so i am just going to see how it goes.

Mines defo going back up this weekend to something sensible (as I want to keep my sump and exhaust). Clocked a TT on the A5 near me this morning, defo has noticeable camber on the rears. Imagine it suffers the same when lowered.

How bizzare !

I followed a bird into work the other morning in a TT and I noticed quite a bit of negative rear camber and fact that she had just nad new rear tyres on, so I pulled up next to her and told her that if she wanted her tyres to last, she needs to goto a garage and ger her suspension geometry set up correctly or her tyres will be excessively wearing on the inside !!

She had it done too !

have you seen those camber adjusters you can get on the dutch build website, do you know it anyones had success with them? - gonna put an order if for the brackets next week so was thinking of those as well!

have you seen those camber adjusters you can get on the dutch build website, do you know it anyones had success with them? - gonna put an order if for the brackets next week so was thinking of those as well!

Any links?

Think Chris on the syncro forum did some kind of DIY camber adjustment, not sure if its the same a dutch tho.

If you look at a pre 2002 TT they have no camber hardly but then post 2002 they were lowered from the factory inline with the s line spec suspension but they never changed the geometry to compensate for the increase in camber, so you can buy the adjustable tie bars to correct it.

Yeah I had adjustable tie bars on my S3 to help with this. Just make sure you protect the thread on them as mine had seized.

Minor Update,

trial fitted my front brakes last night. they fit with exactly zero clearance from the caliper to the back of the wheel face, so i am going to skim the tiniest amout from the front corner of the face of the caliper and that should do it.

They are porsche 911 turbo brakes and rotors, with alloys bells for an audi TT, and custom carriers.

anyways - snaps:

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

They obviously need a bit cleaning up but they have been stored for donkeys. Not bothered about bling, i just want big stopping power. I will probablies paint them black when i tidy them up to be more inconspicuous.

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

Check out the swept area of the pads on the disc - its the entire face of the disc! very nice.

IMG_0631.jpg

against the original 280mm disc. what the picture doesnt show is that the porsche disc is twice as thick as the standard one. and has some very cool venting system in it.

IMG_0625.jpg

sorry wobbly camera!

looking good mate! :D been a long time in the making but i bet you cant wait for it to be finished!

its getting there. Theres a few things I am not happy with on the car, mainly bodywork, but i am going to get it on the road and sort them out later.

those brakes look the absolute nuts matey - your eyeballs will be hitting the windscreen with those!

car is looking really good pal - how long now until it's on the road?

cheers pete, my company car goes back on june 3rd, so its got to be sorted by then!

its going to be weird actually driving the car after all this time :)

i hope i like it or i will be devestated!

if you don't like it i'll have it :wink:

it is just such an amazing machine though, absolute piece of artwork. i think the only drawback to the r32 in a corrado is its fwd and from what i've heard that is barely a drawback anyway with the amount of power as it is so i have no doubts this would be amazing to drive!!!