Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Picked up my VR from the garage with new rear beam bushes, wishbones plus bushes and ball joints - well yesterday it was now - plus properly bled brakes after fitting Mk 4 rear calipers and had a big smile on my face ever since. The slight fuzziness at the edge of the steering is gone, feels more direct, more precise and just more, er, 'right'.

Latest step in an evolution from soggy to sweet - 1. Replaced knackered Konis and Eibachs with H&Rs, plus new drop links. 2. Neuspeed rear anti-roll bar. 3. New bushes as above.

Before my Mark 2 GTi always felt sharper, but harsher, now the 'rado's just as precise but a lot less harsh - OE bushes v poly bushes.

Now it's all dusty though and needs a wash, bloody summer eh :)

Sprayed my new wing...looks good so just need to wait a few days then polish it up and fit it, sorted out some wee bits n bobs on the car and fitted a new sunroof motor :)

Cars finaly getting there lol

Andy

I've ordered my crank bolt and washer! :D One of the first things I plan to get sorted when the new toy arrives. Just need to get hold of some fuel lines now.... I'm so excited about having another Rado!!!!!!

Not actualy done anything to my car, apart from drive it to get some wood screws but i have been doing something for 4 hours today FOR my car, to make it a little less accessable and hidden...and it was reet hot and sunny so i thought why not!

Built a Gate for my drive so the car isn't as obvious from walking past...

One very open drive..

15052008661.jpg

15052008660.jpg

15052008662.jpg

One lot of timber, An old breeze block pallet...

15052008659.jpg

and one gate (sorry about the dark crappy pics, ill replace them 2morow with daylight ones, i had to go to work and take pics when i got home from work at 9.30pm)

DSCF1267222.jpg

DSCF1268222.jpg

DSCF1269222.jpg

Finished it now :)

DSCF1270222.jpg

DSCF1272222.jpg

DSCF1271222.jpg

It may seem sad but i've never built anything like this before and free styled it totally, not a bad result, the whole aim was to hide my car a little.

going to put more wood in the gate to make it less see through.

Phew, just as well. For a minute there i thought you were just gonna leave it like that :lol:

Would of defeated the object i guess...

Ordered some Weitec Hicon GT Coilies and top mounts from g-werks clap.gif

still doesnt exactly make the rado hidden does it lol?? i thought u meant u were gonna totally cover it in timer. still looks good for a first attempt!!

Andy

still doesnt exactly make the rado hidden does it lol?? i thought u meant u were gonna totally cover it in timer. still looks good for a first attempt!!

Andy

i do have some ply wood, i thought if i totally cover it, the wind might shoot down the side of the house and shake it to peices! so i've decided to leave it with holes in.

It doesnt 100% hide it, but doesnt make it as obviouse aswell.

Damplified one door, got the wiring in and about halfway through making up a new membrane when it got dark and I realised it was 9:30 :lol:

just finished reassembling the BBS RM's, have been polishing them since 7am just need to inflate the tyres and get them balanced up and fit them tomorrow 8) No more manky azev A's :clap: .

took the car for a service,changed temp sensors an leakin housin,flushed teh old coolant out an topped up we nice fresh coolant

next on the list is new bushes for the front arb,do they sell as a kit?

Finnished converting the grey trim to black parts, built a fake floor in the boot to hide my amp and also to make the floor flat, In my conversion i have used boot carpets from a VR and i think the floor is higher in the late model as there was a 2" gap between my G60's floor and where the carpets wanted to sit.

Gave the inside a good clean, also sold my mk3 vr6 today so all in all its been a productive day. :salute:

Yesterday anyway, fitted the new Lupo wipers. Massive improvement. 8)

i know theres a thread on it, but for a quick reply for you, how much and where from?

Nothing today, but yesterday i stopped my water leak by re-fixing passenger door membrane. also fitted new driver & passenger door rubbers.

Tomorrow i'm feeling i will supagard my new carpet mats....

Yesterday anyway, fitted the new Lupo wipers. Massive improvement. 8)

i know theres a thread on it, but for a quick reply for you, how much and where from?

I paid £55 for them from someone on here, I think you can get the same parts I got for £75 off Ebay though... THE best money I've spent on the VR so far...

Bought it [Cheers Edmonzo, H8RRA etc.], drove it home, ordered 2 new tyres, contemplated 288mm brake upgrade.

:D

Oh the noise.... :D

all the dings taken out,facelift bonnet,bumper,wings,sorted small and only tiny patch of rust out on top edge of windscreen,smoothed bumpers and prepped car! :clap:

Washed, waxed and took pics for my Member's Gallery thread last night, and today I fitted two 15A fuses at the battery end of my home-made headlight loom upgrade :roll:

_DSC8591.jpg[/attachment:3nlk35p0]

Also taped up the lovely red and green headlight wiring so it's not so obvious and less likely to chafe :norty: , and greased up my bonnet release mech :D

Edit: and my wife cleaned up the grease and dirt on the slam panel :luvlove:

More maintenance and minor upgrades:

1) Fitted DX crank bolt and washer, after having it in my boot for about 8 months :roll:

2) Replaced both drop link nuts with new ones that weren't fitted when the wishbones were done :shrug:

3) Replaced the O/S wishbone rear bolt that wasn't replaced etc. etc.

4) Realigned the N/S wheel hub after having replaced the ball joint shim previously, which left the steering off-centre :camp:

5) Found the loose piece of exhaust heat shield that was making an annoying rattle, and steel-tie-wrapped it back in place :bounce2:

6) Stripped the wheel arch liners, cut out brake and intercooler vents and fitted them with aluminium mesh, sprayed matt black :D

And due props to the wife, who did most of #6 on her lonesome :clap: :salute: :luvlove:

Pics to be found in my thread... :shades:

Pulled off the front N/S wheel and cleaned/regreased the caliper and brake pad backs and disk 'face' (bit that touches the inside of the wheel, not the shiny outside bit :lol: )

Sorted out the squeak, job done :D

PS. does no-one else work on their C at this time of year? :scratch: :shrug: