Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

hehe Cheers Sprint. I think so too!!! :D

So which one was it mate, Coilovers or Exhaust?

Let me know how you get on with both, particularly the coilovers.

tried to find the memory wire for my head unit :epicfail: lol but on the upper hand my mirrors wasnt working so i took the mirror controls of took the switch apart and used brasso to clean the contacts up put it all back together followed by a massive jump in the air and a big yessssss lol! also fitted the wind deflectors from heko wich look kinda cool. next is the rear wiper off ...maybe not sure weather to do it or not :confused4:

hehe Cheers Sprint. I think so too!!! :D

So which one was it mate, Coilovers or Exhaust?

Let me know how you get on with both, particularly the coilovers.

t'was the V-Maxx Coilovers :cheers: I'll say one thing - there fu#king heavy!! :camp:

Probably a good sign though considering the roads are in SHIIIIIII'EYE'EEEEEEEEEEEEE..'IT condition. Sorry was watching Bo'Selecta's Liam Gallagher inpression - stitches! :lol:

not the best improvement, not the most amazing mod... but I dropped a red cig lighter surround in today :)

you can see the pictures of the climatronic install that I promised as well :norty: :)

yes, two switches need illumation, it will be done one day...... what means, next year :lol:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSCN6937 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1w67q8es]

DSCN6938 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:1w67q8es]

not the best improvement, not the most amazing mod... but I dropped a red cig lighter surround in today :)

you can see the pictures of the climatronic install that I promised as well :norty: :)

yes, two switches need illumation, it will be done one day...... what means, next year :lol:

Where did you get a red one from?

Where did you get a red one from?

egay. I paid 15euro including shipping. You can get them at the stealers cheaper, but it was one of those moments :nuts:

I got mine from a Audi 100... ;) Payed about 5pe for it :lol:

:lol: I got the full lighter+housing+surround. well it was too expensive yes!!

just got it back from havin some work done:

both outer cv boots

steering rack boots

steering rack arms and track rod ends

rear disc's and pads

rear wheel bearings

it was filthy so i also gave it a wash, the golf also got treated to a wash!

Bolted on the air intake and made up most of wiring/cooling system. Missing one hose clamp so had to wait "test" starting it after the rebuild....ohh well, guess I'l wait til Tuesday for the big day then :)

Got busy and fixed the annoying ABS light on the VR by slotting in a new near side front sensor. I was going to do the otherside but working on the if it ain't broke don't fix it I moved onto the the 16v and checked that the VR's old calipers did indeed fit with the G60 discs that arrived on friday.

G60.JPG

next job is to cleanup the calipers and the front suspension arms - wheres that can of satin black

This weekend i removed the rear wiper and bent the TT wipers so they sit better. Was fed up of them tapping on the windscreen plastics when it was raining. Handing in all my college work in the next 2 weeks so looking forward to getting stuck in and getting my modification head on!

Removed the rear spoiler assembly (which was a pain in the arse). Opened up the motor and replaced the green thermal resistor with a piece of cable. Spoiler now goes up and down on cue without hesitation. :clap:

Looked at all the dust on the car and decided i couldnt be bothered to clean it again, damn volcano :lol:

Fitted VR6 style carbon fibre bonnet.

carbon on.jpg[/attachment:u4oluyvb]

Removed my MTX Audio stealth shelf and Fusion component rear speakers (for sale soon) and fitted an orignal corrado black rear parcel shelf and shelf supports with pyle speakers in them.

Fitted red led illuminated needles to the dash gauges.

Many thanks to Chris for meeting me with the above items and a pair of bumpers neatly packed into a 2 door mk3 golf early on a Saturday morning at a motorway services. Top bloke. :thumb right:

While i was at it i also fitted some brand new early style headlight glass to each light and re-bonded the black surround to the glass at the bottom using some strips of black stuff from my work that is near identical to the orginal vw black goop.

Next... :salute:

how about some pics? 8) are them illuminated theirselves? which car did they come out of?

how about some pics? 8) are them illuminated theirselves? which car did they come out of?

Same as these here Ill post a few pics up when i get time.

V-maxx coilovers fitted on Saturday :clap: - car looks nuts now - should've got some shots of the car as it was being reversed out've garage - will get them when the exhaust is going on!

Can't report on ride quality yet as the drive back home is all of 40secs and was at granny speed.

Wanna wait till all the stuff is on the car before I test said suspention and exhaust note :dance:

Again, not today, but over the last few weeks...

Bought an R32 engine, bought a Corrado VR6, ripped VR6 engine out.

Tore cross member, slam panel and subframe out, breaking at least one piece of each.

Replaced all of the above.

Bought new Jetex exhaust, 312mm brakes/calipers, steering wheel, Neuspeed ARBs, rear beam, KW V3s etc etc..

Then didn't have time to fit any of them.

Am currently waiting on the powdercoater to do his bit on all the underpinnings so that NormanCoal can shove the R32 in.

I am all about the frustration at the moment.

Oh and also tried to rid the front end of rust, during which I discovered that rattle can paint codes are not that reliable. :censored:

My old fluro orange painted corrado needles with a uv cold cathode lamp above... (soon for sale)

Audi l.e.d. needles fitted.

The needles are not as bright and glowing as the picture looks as i took the pic in low light and its the best my camera could manage :shaking:

To fit these i had to cut the centre white illuminated ring of the ddi's out with a craft razor to allow the led's of belizeanguy's gauges to poke through. I also had to sand a little off the tip of the speedo needle as it was was touching the alloy bezel rings.

All in all a tricky mod, 6 gauge faces, 6 pairs of cables, plus the cables for my jsb shift lights. I hope i never have to go into the clocks again! :grin:

Edited by G60_Marc

what audi did they come out of? Doesn't UV light kill your sight whilst driving?