Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

(well last night) Swapped my vent flap bowden cables over. They were clipped to the wrong levers! Was wondering why I wasn't getting any air to the footwell vents! Easily done mind you, even after I took them off I still managed to put them back on the same way... But it's all gravy; no cold feet for me this summer! :D

Took me a while to figure out what the problem was initially, as everything was in working order; it's alright though, I enjoy lying on my back, upside down, with my fingers in some flaps...

At the same time I also managed to familiarise myself with the exceptional build and design quality of the Corrado dash. My highlights so far are the small tray in front of the fuses on the drivers side, and cig lighter mounting, which as far as i can see is only held in by magic... :lol:

Finnished the coolant system, and fired up the car after the rebuild :) - figured out I have a bag ignition switch - will have to do this some other day...:(

Changed the front top mounts and bearings and gave the girl an oil change.. its purring like a cat. :

Oh and found the nearside sill near the door hinge has rusted a bit and lifted the paint :( hope it doesnt spread too much before i can get it sorted out. :(

Left car at garage for MOT tomorrow (nail biting times :-/ ) and geometry setting up again

Went to 2 job interviews today, and after the minor overhaul of wishbones/drop links etc gave the old boy a good thrash! Absolutely loved it :D

Plus a bird poo'd on it so I gave it a wash! :lol:

struggling for time so not a lot recently, but today managed to drop my rear beam off for sandblasting, ordered 300 squids worth of rear beam and brake bits, assembled callipers, carriers and pads, and then degreased, brushed and painted my stub axles...

checked out my freshly delivered kw's :grin:

removed airfilter, battery, washer. then cleaned 15 years of dirt out of the engine bay! 8)

Fitted late style headlight glass to the headlights complete with brand new plastic surrounds and smoked lamin-x. (Many thanks StormchargedVR6)

Removed eyebrow spoiler.

Fitted my wideband gauge into the drivers side air vent.

After owning the car for over two years i finally decided to scrape off the Nürburgring track sticker from the back of the car that was stuck on by the last owner. Polished up area where the sticker was with some t-cut.

Next... :salute:

not a lot, too busy lazing in the sun 8)

did manage to disconnect and remove the offside rear beam mounting strut, and then prepare it for painting tomorrow.

Gave it a service. Oil, filter, plugs and DubPower HT leads.

What should've taken an hour or two ended up taking 4! :( The oil filter was on extremely tight- had to whack a screwdriver through it in the end, and use it as a handle to twist the filter around. Ended up with a puddle of oil on the drive, so had the pressure washer out in the dark :lol: :roll: one of those days!

sprayed rear beam mount and then bolted both back on.

then removed old leaking shocks and cleaned what must have been 17 yrs's of road grime from arches, came up really well except for a bit of rust around top mount positions, soooo treated that with rust eater and wire brush, couple sprays of black then sealer and jobs a good un.

everythings now ready for return of beam and the parts.

washed and then applied:

Dodo Juice Lime

G10 (with Machine Polisher)

Dodo Juice Limed again

AG SRP

AG Gold Sealant

Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro

4 hours and one very shiney bonnet to show for it (although i am STILL NOT HAPPY... :cuckoo: )

excuse the splatter.. forgot to take a pic after i cleaned all that off!

p1020632n.jpg

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8990/p1020632h.jpg

I realiced that my fan has given up again... Now I need to change the french part and do it right!!!

Finnished bleeding the f**** clutch - turned out to be a few minutes job once I found the right "methode" to do it :)

So car actually did it's first "run" on it's own today (roughly 15meters out from the garage and back) :)

degreased, washed and put on most of the front (bumpers ++), also greased up the hood release mechanism - hopefully it will be move a bit easier now.

Propably forgot to put something in there as there is two small screws (on the same bar that holds the frame for the lights) - but couldn't figure out what they are for.........:(

Well I started this yesterday. I Removed the door handles, cleaned & greased the mechanisms, sanded the handles, plastic primed & sprayed them.

Fitted them on the car today and they've never worked better :D

took my mate for a ride over the moors :lol:

quote:

"its clenched, could crack a fookin wallnut!"

i love my c :luvlove:

Changed my heater matrix, not a job I enjoyed too much! New wishbone arms to go in before weekend, hope they aren't as bad but have a feeling they might be.

Put back the hood after it's been apart from the car for well over 1 year.......nice to finally see something that starts to look as a Corrado again.

Also gave it a quick scrub - need to do some more washing/polishing though.......:)

replaced the tatty 90mm spoiler with a brand spanking new 50mm one. Looks good! 8)

Also scuffed the rear arch backing out of the drive! DOH! had to t-cut and touch it up :(

1st coat of paint on rear beam following shotblasting