Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Today I had a day off from work and used the time productively. :-Du6amutup.jpgderu5uqe.jpg

Reconned my starter, fitted my fogs (lenses), aux heater pump fixed and treated to a set of plugs. . . . . And still not done half the stuff I wanted!!!

Drove it. Drove it some more. Then drove a bit more. Got ****ed off that it rained while I was driving it. Thought "screw it, it's wet and dirty now so may as drive it for the rest of the day". Then drove it again. Everyone should drive one of these at least once in their lives :)

Happy days :)

Drove it. Drove it some more. Then drove a bit more. Got ****ed off that it rained while I was driving it. Thought "screw it, it's wet and dirty now so may as drive it for the rest of the day". Then drove it again. Everyone should drive one of these at least once in their lives :)

Funny that i did the same last week ! :thumbleft: Cant fault you Portent

I've smoothed and tinted lots of tail lights over the past few years and whilst doing them I often wondered how a set would look if they were just smoothed and polished ......... an OEM look but minus all the surface markings. I had a good set of spare lights so I gave them a go with the results as shown below. The lights were totally smoothed using a variety of pads from 320 to 3000 grit on a D/A sander. They were then polished with G3 and G10 compound on a buff.

I must say I quite like the subtle result, much cleaner and brighter than standard lights. It might be a while before the all reds find their way in again.

P2190002.jpg

P2190001.jpg

^^ what he said

& exactly why mine is a daily!! :D

After getting totaly ****ed off by my radio reception, I decided to fix the aerial,

removed antenna base, dismantled found corroded positive track, repaired that,

soldered earh links from coaxial sheilding and pcb directly,

soldered in link from PCB to aerial fixing point

coated whole assembly with liquid tape, refiited and now get perfect reception,[ATTACH=CONFIG]77768[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]77769[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]77770[/ATTACH]

I removed my old rad cowling sprayed it up with cans :-D and fitted a slimline fan! The room in the engine bay is unreal, Worth doing in my opinion.

2rnvtds.jpg

Bought a few spares here and there which arrived on Monday.

VW Logo rear badges, not new but secondhand,

in quite good condition.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77809[/ATTACH]

I've found a company near me that does professional chrome plating,

to wood, metal / copper, and plastics including car badges,

so I might get these done.

New OEM rear Corrado badge same size as the original one,

even has the slight cerve at the end of the badge,

where it goes around the corner edge slightly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77810[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77811[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77812[/ATTACH]

Part number on back of badge 535-853-687

Thinking of getting this chrome plated as well just like my old original,

if I do then I'll post up what it looks like.

Front windscreen has a crack at the bottom of the drivers side,

plus the screen is leaking at the top on the drivers side,

so ordered all the 4 pieces of the front screen seal kit,

but then found this on Ebay as well, new seal kit,

only has the 2 pieces not all 4 but not bad for around £13.00

[ATTACH=CONFIG]77813[/ATTACH]

Job for the good weather, hopefully I haven't got any rusty bits in there.

Cheers

Si

Fitted my custom, colour coded manifold. I always hated the missing corner round the oil filler so I welded a piece of 3mm alloy plate

onto a spare manifold, trimmed it to size and drilled the hole for the oil filler. A coat of etch primer followed by high build primer, colour and lacquer and I'm well pleased with the result.

P2230002.jpg

P2230001.jpg

Ebc rotors and brembo pads (I'm switching to ebc red stuff or ceramic hawk, since I don't like the brembo pads at all)

gyzy9ysa.jpg

y6y8ahav.jpg

pedynu2y.jpg

Edited by Blackslcchild

Any pictures of the journey?

Sure but I cant add from my tablet. There is an awesome guide on wiki if you need? Lots of pics on there

Chains, tensioners and clutch...... im knackered!! But happy :)

Impressive. Well done :)

I washed mine and was knackered.

Took mine for a test drive after replacing the big end shells and fell back in love with it... (last week I was ready to burn the bloody thing...lol)

Rog.

Took mine for a test drive after replacing the big end shells and fell back in love with it... (last week I was ready to burn the bloody thing...lol)

Rog.

I have the same feeling at the moment.

Refitted the side bump strips. It's a marmite thing.

P1020508.jpgP1020507.jpg

Put it in for its MOT, which its failed due to tin worm.

Looks like there's a fair amount of rust near the rear seat belt mounting point. :pale:

lots of work done at the weekend, new battery tray plus a hole in the inner wing cut out/replaced. Started prepping the chassis legs and half way up the suspension turret for paint.

Stripped/cleaned/waxoil the inner wings and the inside edges of the outer wing. Repainted the front tow eye and tower. Sanded the cross member, the lower cross member and radiator surround ready for gloss black. Started cleaning the block and engine bits up ready for some paint and spent the thick end of £500 on new bits...eek

double post.

edit - love the silver Corrado above! just got a couple of press photos of a early silver corrado for the "VW wall" in the living room

Flew through her MOT today. One advisory for the ever-present 'minor play in front offside wheel bearing' which goes with the turf. Not bad though given she has had no TLC through the winter but been shut up in the garage. Anyway, She's now ready to be taxed in April and enjoyed over the Summer.