Sign in to follow this  
Lippy

Lippy's Corrado - BBQD :( :(

As Ross Walker said, it's time for some rough justice! How could they torch an Ice Grey? If they'd burned an Aqua Blue I'd let them off, but the Ice Berg is an endangered species!!

Only jesting mate. Absolutely soul destroying :-( Try not to feel too victimised or upset. It's only metal and thankfully you only lost that and not your life trying to defend it.

Chin up and best of luck with the insurance company.

going to find the yard the car has been recovered too, need to know if the keys were burnt with it or not as it will make it easier with the insurance company (so im told).

defo no more Corrado's for me for a while, don't want to risk a repeat attack by any lowlives who may find it "funny" to fubar the same type of car from the same address.

Looking toward a ssat / vento diesel, but may have to balance what VFM I can get from other marques e.g. citroen or peugeot, as I only want to spend about £500 and put the rest toward wedding next year. Going to try getting the bus / car share from work for a while and see how much money I can save by doing so... I only commute 12 miles so I may be able to save a bundle.

think I may move house before I own another performance car, get a garage etc. I wouldn't even trust a lock up around Manchester at the moment.

kev, I meant to ask, where were you on Monday morning? Another Ice Grey with dark wheels, hopefully you didnt go all Bruce Banner! ;)

seriously, I can't believe I can make jokes etc, but I am really thankful that my girlfriend and I were OK. I never considered as I run down the road that there may have been more than 1 person who would have been able to walk into my house behind me... things like that don't bear thinking about - besides there are many more people worse off in the world.

LOL.....my car was in Stealth's garage minus it's head on Monday and still there now, so unless it was sleep driving or something, that wasn't me :-)

It's good to see the lighter side of it because as you say, it could have been worse! You've had it a while, enjoyed it, and now it's in the sky...... time to move on ;-) You'll soon forget about it mate.....

What a nightmare, Lippy! The stories on here from a relatively small community of car owners show on what an appalling scale crime and mindless vandalism have become in our country.

Anyway, as Kev says, best thing is to move on quickly. Cars are replaceable (in general terms) and now you can look forward to selecting something else and planning what to do.

Good luck, and best regards!

Are there insurers out here who provide a policy for modded cars that will pay if they get nicked??

Scares me to think the amount I have spent on cosmetic mods, never mind suspension, exhaust, perf filters, stero etc etc

i hope all that will form part of my claim - whats the point of naming them if you don't get compensated - however with the low prices of rados at the moment its going to be a challenge getting a reasonable adjustment.

For future reference, HIC who I just got insured with underwrote me with a superb company who offer an agreed valuation for a mere £16. Obviously i'll be filling that paperwork in as soon as it comes through! Would help in future situations like this i'm sure..

Wow. :( Gutted for you Lippy m8 :(

I sort of know how you feel after someone torched a car of mine right outside my house,had to stand there and watch it burn...even saw them on cctv but they never got caught.

All i can say is,dont let the bast/\rds get you down...all the best m8.

Neil.

Defo going to re-think my current insurer (Admiral), I declared most of the mods :roll: , but don't think I would get sh*t back if the car got nicked ot written off.

Guess the majority of people on here must have a non-standard car.

blue95, i was insured with C.I.S a few years back and they told me that if i had photographic evidence of the cosmetic mods on the car then they would be covered in the event of theft or fire! not sure if it applies to performance mods though, and/or if they still do it but could be worth giving them a dingle??

Lippy, im real sorry to hear about your C, gutted for you! hope the insurance all goes swimmingly!

Gutted, you are showing a good attitude towards it though, despite the fact that everyone on here would not want to be in your shoes.

Get a 'rocco mk II 1.8 8v as a daily hack. No-one wants to steal them, they are quick and fairly fuel efficient too, used to get about 400 miles out of the tank on mine.

Defo going to re-think my current insurer (Admiral), I declared most of the mods :roll: , but don't think I would get sh*t back if the car got nicked ot written off.

Guess the majority of people on here must have a non-standard car.

btw............Admiral will only replace with std parts regardless of how many mods you have declared

Really sorry to hear this has happened Lippy. You have my sympathies (got my fogs and indies stolen 2 nights ago - know its nothing like what you must be going through though), hope you still keep coming back to the forum.

Keep your chin up, in the end its only material possessions, at least you or the lady weren't hurt or terrorised.

Terrible news :( Let's hope they catch them!

As others have said, at least you guys are OK, no one hurt etc.

Have some fun looking for a new car (what about a MK2 GTI?).

yeah looking forward to searching out a replacement, think something bigger to cater for weekends away etc may be in order - hence the ssat/vento thoughts.

However, depending on how much money I save on the bus, I could save quite a bit of cash in 12months...

I've found out where the car has been recovered so am going to have a look sometime this week

makes me sick WTF is the point of just torching it, if they got some money for it would be bad enough but just to torch it ridiculous

its unfortunate that they werent inside it!!!! TW@TS!!!

where bouts in manchester are you mate?

ive seen off a couple of muppets in my time trying to take my RCs.

i had a rocco or 2 and loved um. got lifted by a wagon from outside my house. the corrado is still with me for now.

hrmm interesting, as I am paying insurance monthly on finance I will still have to pay up the remaining balance whatever. So buying a nail wouldn't save me any money on that, so may end up buying something with a few more mod cons...

Thats really bad I've not been on in a while and am laid up at home {fecking weather} and have just read this whole thread, absolutly devistated for you mate it was bad enough selling mine and watching it being driven away, let along the ordeal that you 've had to go through - I really am sorry for you mate - I really do hope you or one of us one here bumps in to the feckin little tw@ts one day soon, on the buyin a new car front mate keep it VW - how about a Bora {Quick and a few toyz}

I know how you feel! Manchester was not a good place to be owning Ice grey Violet Corrados last week. Look what happened to mine in a battle with a Honda Civic driving on the wrong side of the road. I know how it feels. Cant be many of our colours left now. :cry:

I cant believe the amount of C's that are being written off / broken for parts in the last few weeks! Ebay has been full of people breaking them lately!

Not good at all :cry: