Sign in to follow this  
veeDuB_Rado

Your Corrado Dislikes

Well for me:

• The length of the back bumper and the side skirts, looks a bit high when you've got the 90mm splitter on the front.

• Noises, especially when you don't know where they're coming from.

• One day it's running beautifully, then the next time you get in, BAM! you're hit with a problem.

.Everything rattling in the interior and not having the patience to take it all out and put it back again.

.The lack of working sunroof.

.Not having the money to do everything I want to it.

.Being black the fact that whenever I wash her it looks good for about...................................................................2seconds

.Being black the fact that whenever I wash her it looks good for about...................................................................2seconds

Bit harsh :lol:

Mind there getn on, how many G to M registered cars do you see now adays?

Only thing that annoys me is the 'common' parts that go wrong mainly door handles! :roll:

Oh and the panels being so expensive! :cry:

The fuel consumption for such an asthmatic car.

I only get about 25mpg in the G60. Might be the way I drive though :oops:

door handles, sun roof, mechanics not knowing about them, worrying about the fragile "g", parnoir every time i leave it parked,

but it's all more than worth it , even climbing in through the boot!!!!.

My biggest gripes are the steering, which is fabulous one day, and sheeite the next and the water dripping in through the window.

Although on the latter, I've noticed most modern gutterless cars do that too.

At the end of, these Corrados were hand made and therefore open to patchy build quality. I've been in some Rados that feel like granite, and others that are made from balsa wood and tin foil....luck of the draw I guess.

main gripe - when you fix one thing another breaks! Thats a bit unfair though since as has been said, they're getting on a bit and need love.

I hate the way that they never look as low, hard or wide in photos as they do in real life.

The rear bumper not covering the petrol tank is a bit gash.

The lack of heat insulation around the exhaust tunnel. My C gets like an oven in the sumer. Must fit air-con.

Waiting in anticipation for my heater matrix to blow up on a cold, foggy morning in the outside lane of the motorway :shock: sunroof fun. rusty wheel arches, poorly fitted back box that bangs and clatters with the underside of the car. It should be a museum piece not my daily driver!!

not havin enough cash to do any big mods!!

guess thats not the rados fault :lol:....but the feckin sunroof an door handles are!!!

an the fact i seem to go through some front tyres

At the end of, these Corrados were hand made and therefore open to patchy build quality. I've been in some Rados that feel like granite, and others that are made from balsa wood and tin foil....luck of the draw I guess.

I thought it was just because some led harder lives than others :)

I did notice the difference though - my mates newer, lower-mileage VR6 was a right clattery bugger compared to mine. To be fair, mine was never rattly (well, not that I noticed, but I had come from a Mk1 GTI :) ).

As for gripes:

1. They stopped making them.

2. I can't afford to run one as a weekend car.

3. Door handles.

4. If you even THINK of taking the driver's door card off, the wing mirrors stop working.

5. Ermm....running out of ideas...

Although its been mentioned a few times the thing i love about mine is never having a single rattle or squeek, from the interior that is, engines a dif story!

anyway...........

1. I allways drive with the window cracked open, therefore watch all the water come in and into the lecky window switches......NICE!

2. Brakes

3. Steering

4. Flock vw's special corrado tax

5. The rear beam clearence for exhaust fitment!

6. The fact im now eternally skint but cant stop buying things for it

7. My wife now hates the car and me equally, something about priorities, whatever that means :oops:

[

7. My wife now hates the car and me equally, something about priorities, whatever that means :oops:

Yours as well.

Does this obsession happen to us all :evil:

1. I allways drive with the window cracked open, therefore watch all the water come in and into the lecky window switches......NICE!

2. Brakes

3. Steering

4. Flock vw's special corrado tax

5. The rear beam clearence for exhaust fitment!

Well you've saved me a bit of time typing there Nick because I have exactly the same problems. Thanks!

The stupid thing about not being able to operate both electric windows at the same time, I mean wtf is that about??

Gets worse the driver doesnt eve have priority sometimes....

thing i hate about my car is the fact i can leave it anywhere without it getting damage or attracting violence

just being able to find endless bits to spend on that the misses wont notice and therefore wont notice on the car but will in the bank

ben