Sign in to follow this  
veeDuB_Rado

Your Corrado Dislikes

Nobody likes the windows, but i find it particularly amusing to quietly hold down one of the buttons when my mates are trying to wind their window up or down!! :twisted:

yeah i do that :lol: :lol:

I do the same :lol:

can't belive no one mentioned this...

how can a 140 bhp car STILL be insurance group 17?

other than that I love it!

can't belive no one mentioned this...

how can a 140 bhp car STILL be insurance group 17?

other than that I love it!

price up a new front end from VW :shock:

Jus that you cant operate both windows at the same time but you can on a golf!!!! Work that out!!!

On my old golf, the full closure system used to shut all 4 windows and the sunroof at the same time, looked brill. The Corrado's method of routing all the electric window cabling from the front doors, through the car and into the e/w control unit in the back quarter panel and then all the way forward into the front doors again to the motor is sooooo ridiculous. Even with its special control module it can only manage one window at a time too. Whats wrong with a switch, and a motor ffs!

Anyway back on topic I hate the interior rattles, sooooooooooooo many of them. I'm considering taking mine off the road for the winter and rebuilding the thing, it's ruining it a bit tbh.

I hate to say it, but after owning the valver for only 4months im already fustrated with its power and yurn for a vr6 :(

Damn it.

I hate to say it, but after owning the valver for only 4months im already fustrated with its power and yurn for a vr6 :(

Damn it.

Come up to Northampton and you can have a go in my valver, 100kg lighter than a VR6 and 140bhp at the wheels :)

Corrado dislikes...................................not having one anymore :cry:

Ditto! :(

I used to think the same....................

..................then I got another one cheap and now have all the problems mention in this thread.

Standard ride height, too high!

The dreaded VW 'Corrado Tax'. :shock: (£120 for the fuse box cover!!)

The proneness of the fog lights to cracking.

Still, unless I was rich I wouldn't change it for any other car, and even then, I'd most likely keep it for 'certain occasions' :D

do you need one then mate?

Not any more, bought one off someone on here a while back. I remembered the quote from the dealers ages ago before I knew about this forum, and the shock it gave me (and the parts chap as well!), thanks all the same :wink:

This is the first VW i have ever owned and i can't say i am impressed with the design and quality of some parts of the car.

Bought the car cheapish and so far have spent more time fixing things on it than diving it....lol.

So why did i buy it?

Well to me the C looks like a muscle car and not only that but it's also another car i always dreamed of owning.

More fool me for dreaming....he he.

Quite eventfull to drive though and i look forward to spending more time behind the steering wheel......hopefully driving

I don't dislike anything about the corrado. Now if this thread was about diesel golfs then I would never stop typing!!

Maybe the reason why I love the corrado so much is that I have to drive the golf every day so when I drive the VR I really appreciate it!!

This is the first VW i have ever owned and i can't say i am impressed with the design and quality of some parts of the car.

The car was designed and hand built in Osnabruck by Karmann, not Wolfsburg by VW. VW stuck their noses in and provided some initial design criteria (floorpan, suspension, switchgear).

Another gripe - when you open the driver's window after it's been raining, it all drains from the roof onto the inside of the door. Huh?

I don't like it's sneaky habbit of teasing you over the speed limit on the motorway :evil:

The fact you have to drop the rear axle to change the exhuast :scratch:

This is the first VW i have ever owned and i can't say i am Another gripe - when you open the driver's window after it's been raining, it all drains from the roof onto the inside of the door. Huh?

Mine never did that..? Unless I just didn't notice :)

The fact the my drivers door, no matter how many times I have it adjusted, still drops and has to shut quite hard.

Otherwise, Have to say I have a good car after a few mods of course.

Still can't afford a more than one car :(