Sign in to follow this  
veeDuB_Rado

Your Corrado Dislikes

thing i hate about my car is the fact i can leave it anywhere without it getting damage or attracting violence

Only real problem i got with it is the paranoia i get when i leave it in a public place!

Doesn't it make you sick, who do they think they are, dam it makes me angry when people steal and vandalise other peoples property, especial cars, knowing first hand how passionate one can be about his motor, why can't a small minority just learn from the rest of us and be civilised!

Rant over, gripes; no warning buzzer if you leave the lights on, or is that just on mine????????

main gripe - when you fix one thing another breaks! Thats a bit unfair though since as has been said, they're getting on a bit and need love.

I hate the way that they never look as low, hard or wide in photos as they do in real life.

AGREED!

Mine dislikes are:-

Noisey power steering, losing water, tapety'ness, and not having my Wolfrace Kendo black centered rims i so wanna buy!

The fact that it's difficult to flash someone without actually turning on the highbeams.

That bit of console trim that lifts up when you put the handbrake on and makes it all look a bit tatty.

That fact that it has been solely responsible for all of my credit card debt and now I need a new gearbox but I still love it. Glutton for punishment or what!?

The fact that it's difficult to flash someone without actually turning on the highbeams.

ha! thought it was just me & my cack handedness!!! i hate the uneasy feeling you get when she's driving sweet as coz you know something's going to go wrong! maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, it'll be the day after!!!!

I don't understand all the comments about crap steering to be honest - I always thought that was one of the best bits!

At the end of, these Corrados were hand made and therefore open to patchy build quality. I've been in some Rados that feel like granite, and others that are made from balsa wood and tin foil....luck of the draw I guess.

Bloody hell! didnt know corrados were hand built! Learn sumfin every day! :)

I wondered why the back windows dont go down,

instead of just being stuck into position.

Little penny pinching things that are usually fixed by group buys 8)

chubbz

One simple design flaw right at the start - Front wheel drive! Should have made them rear wheel drive!

But then who knows how the handling would have ended up? As it is, it was regarded as one of the best handling FWD cars of its generation.. with RWD it could have just been a shadow to the competition from BMW and might well have ended up with far less praise than it ended up getting!

Corrado dislikes...................................not having one anymore :cry:

Ditto! :(

I wondered why the back windows dont go down,

instead of just being stuck into position.

No way - if the back windows went down it would be nicer in the back, if it was nicer in the back your mates would want a lift more often, if your mates are in the back the car's heavier, if the car's heavier it doesn't go as fast - especially not if one of them has the window down and creating more drag!

So, you see, the design was in your best interests :)

(Oh, and they don't go down in the back of a 3-door Golf either!)

The wipers, aren't great, but I'm used to that, all my cars have had rubbish wipers, I think VW struggle to get them right.

Not being able to open/close both windows at once.

The handling was to be honest rubbish, bordering on scary, but I sorted it all out with new bushes and it does drive very nicely.

I wish mine was a bit smoother and a bit more powerful - a VR6 basically, but I've got mine to a very high standard now, so I'm not going to throw that away to start again on another.

Nobody likes the windows, but i find it particularly amusing to quietly hold down one of the buttons when my mates are trying to wind their window up or down!! :twisted:

Nobody likes the windows, but i find it particularly amusing to quietly hold down one of the buttons when my mates are trying to wind their window up or down!! :twisted:

yeah i do that :lol: :lol:

Despite a few problems (most caused by me fiddling with things previously) it's been the best car I've ever had, I enjoy looking at it, driving it, working on it, even cleaning it, come to think of it I even like buying parts for it, somehow it always seems deserving of the money it absorbs.

More than I can say for my golf 4, which has just eaten another coil pack :roll:

David.